Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Houston members, recommend me a good tinting place.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-11, 07:35 AM
getfunky
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Houston members, recommend me a good tinting place.

I'm looking for a good reputable place to get my is350 tinted in Houston. So far, the only store I know that does good tinting is EVS performance. They carry both Formula 1 Pinnacle and Huper Optic, which from my understanding are the top 2 tint films. Prices are $400 for pinnacle and most likely higher for huper. It's pretty expensive and i'd prefer to spend less if possible.

What i'm mainly looking for is good heat rejection from the tint and I know this can only be achieved from good quality tint. A shop that carries quality tint film is a must, I don't want it fading, peeling or bubbling over time.

Thanks in advance, and if possible please post of pics of your tinted isx50!
Old 10-01-11, 07:39 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I used executive tint, I think they're site is tinthouston.com. It's at I-10 & gessner. Forgot which type of tint I got, but it was on the higher end, talked them down to $240 for all windows, it comes with lifetime warranty. After two years one window bubbled randomly, they replaced it no questions (just keep your receipt).
Old 10-01-11, 07:46 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Check the 2IS FAQ for the ginormous tint thread with lots of pics
Old 10-01-11, 07:47 AM
getfunky
Driver

$240 is a lot more reasonable... What color does the tint give off? Forgot to mention that I have a black/obsidian IS, so i'm looking for a tint that can compliment that color and doesn't give off too much reflection.
Old 10-01-11, 07:48 AM
getfunky
Driver

Thanks DaveGS4, wasn't aware of the tint thread.

:edit:

Also thanks to the moderator who moved my thread to the appropriate forum.
Old 10-02-11, 06:34 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
I used executive tint, I think they're site is tinthouston.com. It's at I-10 & gessner. Forgot which type of tint I got, but it was on the higher end, talked them down to $240 for all windows, it comes with lifetime warranty. After two years one window bubbled randomly, they replaced it no questions (just keep your receipt).

I second for Executive!! Got my tint done by them over 3 years ago, not one issue yet..scratched my rear passenger side one day on accident, took it back just to have them replace it thinking I was going to have to pay, and they did it for free even after I told them it was my fault.

And yes, keep your receipt that they give you, cause their warranty is nation-wide IIRC.
Old 10-03-11, 08:20 AM
getfunky
Driver

Thanks for chiming in turbodremz. Does this tint have high heat rejection? And what color does it give off?
Old 10-03-11, 07:04 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Not sure if I understand your question the way I should, but the tint I have installed dropped the overall temps in my SC300 greatly. Being that I have 2% on all my rear windows and 35% on the front, color is kind of hard to describe...but if you would like to take a look at my car and see the tint up close, let me know. My car is still up on stands, so I cant drive it anywhere at the moment, but you can atleast see the work, and the quality job they do.

Sorry I cant answer your questions in more detail, but my car is here if you would like to check it out. I can even drop it off the stands and get it in the driveway if that would be better.
Old 10-06-11, 09:17 AM
TURBOCARS
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Executive Tint is the place to go. I've been using them for over 10+ years. Brandon on Hilcroft / Richmond is the way to go.
Old 10-06-11, 11:15 AM
jayspec
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used both Executive (Hillcroft location) and Xpert Tinting on 59 and West Bellfort. I've heard good things about EVS Motorsports as well but haven't been there.

I would have gone to Executive again for my GS, but decided to go FormulaOne instead of Huper Optik. Whichever place you choose, you can't go wrong!
Old 10-08-11, 12:45 PM
epic1si
Rookie

executive has huper optik. i know the store on gessner they use a plotter to cut the film.

heat rejection will depend on which film you get and executive has several different films they offer at varying prices
Old 10-08-11, 12:49 PM
TURBOCARS
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by epic1si
executive has huper optik. i know the store on gessner they use a plotter to cut the film.

heat rejection will depend on which film you get and executive has several different films they offer at varying prices
Executive doesn't use Huper Optik anymore. They have several ceramic tint brands that is just as good as huper optik without the shiny silver look on the exterior.
Old 10-08-11, 03:14 PM
epic1si
Rookie

oops sorry...thought they still did huper optik didn't know they had changed films
Old 10-08-11, 05:08 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TURBOCARS
Executive doesn't use Huper Optik anymore. They have several ceramic tint brands that is just as good as huper optik without the shiny silver look on the exterior.
I wonder what tint they installed on my car then...cause I was under the impression that it was Huper Optik, but I dont have a silver look anywhere on my tint..

Guess its time to find the paperwork and look to see what I have.
Old 10-09-11, 07:47 AM
getfunky
Driver

hope yall don't mind me asking but how much did yall pay for the tint?

Quick Reply: Houston members, recommend me a good tinting place.