Who's in OKC?? - Page 3 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Who's in OKC??

Reply

 
 
 
Old 08-15-11, 04:32 AM
  #31  
hydralisk
Driver
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tx
Posts: 173
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Isnt ok-speed for high schoolers? I've been on it before and no one acts like they do in real life. (disrespectful vs scared in real life)
hydralisk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 08:23 AM
  #32  
madastep
Pole Position
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: OK
Posts: 231
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

yea, i've noticed even some of the mods (on OK-speed) act childish and i've only been on there for like a week, and only posted a couple times.

Also, i believe the coffee and cars will be the 3rd of sept from 8-10 in the morning at penn and memorial starbucks parking lot. Could be a nice way to meet and say "nice lexus" lol.

either way i'm gonna try and go to that one. few lambos and such last time, was pretty cool looking on facebook. facebook.com/coffeeandcarsokc
madastep is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 09:49 AM
  #33  
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 1,459
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Kira X View Post
I would prefer an OKC meet, but the Supra guys in Tulsa act like everything has to be in Tulsa.
Nobody acts like anything has to happen in Tulsa. There aren't any Supra guys IN Tulsa that care enough to act like that!

You're fairly new to the local Supra scene and you haven't been around to realize that the "core" Supra guys have been having a Tulsa meet for years. We've just decided to do it a little bigger than usual.
LexusFTW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 04:35 PM
  #34  
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
iTrader: (23)
 
Kira X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 東京都
Posts: 8,905
Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by hydralisk View Post
Isnt ok-speed for high schoolers? I've been on it before and no one acts like they do in real life. (disrespectful vs scared in real life)
It is, but there are a few Lexus guys on there that I don't see on here or Supraforums. OK-Speed is basically overrun with Hondas now.

Originally Posted by madastep View Post
yea, i've noticed even some of the mods (on OK-speed) act childish and i've only been on there for like a week, and only posted a couple times.

Also, i believe the coffee and cars will be the 3rd of sept from 8-10 in the morning at penn and memorial starbucks parking lot. Could be a nice way to meet and say "nice lexus" lol.

either way i'm gonna try and go to that one. few lambos and such last time, was pretty cool looking on facebook. facebook.com/coffeeandcarsokc
Yeah, even the moderators are pretty childish. I can't stand that place to be honest.

The Coffee and Cars meet was awesome this month. I probably won't have my SC out until after the Tulsa meet, but I'll be there in one of my other cars next month. Maybe we can get a bunch of Lexus guys to come out.

Originally Posted by LexusFTW View Post
Nobody acts like anything has to happen in Tulsa. There aren't any Supra guys IN Tulsa that care enough to act like that!

You're fairly new to the local Supra scene and you haven't been around to realize that the "core" Supra guys have been having a Tulsa meet for years. We've just decided to do it a little bigger than usual.
The OKC guys act like the Tulsa meet is the only one we should have. It would be nice to have a decent meet in OKC like we do in Tulsa. That's all I really want.

I wouldn't say that I'm "new" to the scene since I've been around longer than most of the newer OKC guys have. I just never went out to the Tulsa meets prior to last year's meet. How long have you guys been doing these meets in Tulsa? The only Toyota/Lexus guys I knew of back in the day were you and the Hyperspeed guys.
Kira X is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 06:10 PM
  #35  
TTechLexus
Lead Lap
iTrader: (3)
 
TTechLexus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: TEXAS / South Fl
Posts: 565
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hey guys I'm buying an IS 250 in Edmond and wonder if you all know of any good mechanics in the area I can take to get checked out?
TTechLexus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-11, 04:39 AM
  #36  
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
iTrader: (23)
 
Kira X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 東京都
Posts: 8,905
Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by TTechLexus View Post
Hey guys I'm buying an IS 250 in Edmond and wonder if you all know of any good mechanics in the area I can take to get checked out?
I've got a friend that works at Goodyear who can take a look at it. He's pretty experienced for a young guy and probably wouldn't mind going with you.

Last edited by Kira X; 10-11-11 at 01:02 AM.
Kira X is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 07:18 AM
  #37  
madastep
Pole Position
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: OK
Posts: 231
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TTechLexus View Post
Hey guys I'm buying an IS 250 in Edmond and wonder if you all know of any good mechanics in the area I can take to get checked out?
there's a place called silver star on 15th that does lexus work, just west of broadway.
madastep is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 01:03 AM
  #38  
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
iTrader: (23)
 
Kira X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 東京都
Posts: 8,905
Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by madastep View Post
there's a place called silver star on 15th that does lexus work, just west of broadway.
I've always wondered about that place. I drive past it all the time.
Kira X is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-11, 11:09 PM
  #39  
hydralisk
Driver
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tx
Posts: 173
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Anyone want to vouch for me? I drove the ISF lowered on Volk TE37s... and now I want to sell my never used project mu brake pads and stock springs/shocks. I dont have the 300 post requirement.

Edit: Ive been to OKC a few times, dont know if I ran into anyone on these forums though. I went to the carwash twice with it.

Last edited by hydralisk; 12-17-11 at 11:14 PM.
hydralisk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-11, 04:19 AM
  #40  
madastep
Pole Position
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: OK
Posts: 231
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I know some of the supra guys mentioned seeing your car the night of our Supra meet... I knew I should have gone, lol . I can btw, how much you selling your pads for?
madastep is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-11, 02:18 PM
  #41  
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
iTrader: (23)
 
Kira X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 東京都
Posts: 8,905
Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by hydralisk View Post
Anyone want to vouch for me? I drove the ISF lowered on Volk TE37s... and now I want to sell my never used project mu brake pads and stock springs/shocks. I dont have the 300 post requirement.

Edit: Ive been to OKC a few times, dont know if I ran into anyone on these forums though. I went to the carwash twice with it.
I'll vouch for you. I saw your IS-F at the carwash a while back. It looked great. Post a link to your thread and I'll handle it.
Kira X is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who's in OKC??


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: