Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Kyoei USA fender mod and VIP experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-09, 10:39 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Kyoei USA fender mod and VIP experience

I recently switched to Michellin Pilot sport AS plus and have had some minor rubbing in the rear because the tires have a fatter section width . I was referred to Kyoei USA by a member on this forum and made an appointment and went down this afternoon. When I pulled up to the place where the shop was I couldnt see any sign for the shop. I looked left and then I looked right and DAMN !!! I was treated to seeing the baddest 350Z I have ever seen and the baddest 2 GS i have even seen. I have seenvVIP fitment before but not like this. These guys are hardcore to say the least. I was amazed and in awe at how stretched the tires were, how hardcore the cars looked and how low they had them.

The two gentlemen I met there today were Jin and Cesar. I have to say they took great care of me, were very reasonably priced, and I have to say I enjoyed their company and conversation. All in all it was a great experience. Jin got me in right away and did a great job at shaving / trimming the rear part of the rear fender lip. He actually even managed to get the job done and fix an issue I had with the plastic trim piece that I created in over filing the rear fenders with a metal file. If you are looking for a solid shop to do fender mods, want to see some amazing VIP cars and hardcore fitment, or want to order parts for your car I would recommend Kyoei USA in Tempe .

Last edited by I8ABMR; 10-24-09 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-24-09, 09:52 AM
Iocca
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I recently switched to Michellin Pilot sport AS plus and have had some minor rubbing in the rear because the tires have a fatter section width . I was referred to Kyoei USA by a member on this forum and made an appointment and went down this afternoon. When I pulled up to the place where the shop was I couldnt see any sign for the shop. I looked left and then I looked right and DAMN !!! I was treated to seeing the baddest 350Z I have ever seen and the baddest 2 GS i have even seen. I have VIP fitment before but not like this. These guys are hardcore to say the least. I was amazed and in awe at how stretched the tires were, how hardcore the cars looked and how low they had them.

The two gentlemen I met there today were Jin and Cesar. I have to say they took great care of me, were very reasonably priced, and I have to say I enjoyed their company and conversation. All in all in was a great experience. Jin got me in right away and did a great job at shaving / trimming the rear part of the rear fender lip. He actually even managed to get the job done and fix an issue I had with the plastic trim piece that I created in over filing the rear fenders with a metal file. If you are looking for a solid shop to do fender mods, want to see some amazing VIP cars and hardcore fitment, or want to order parts for your car I would recommend Kyoei USA in Tempe .
im glad jin was able to get you taken care of!
Old 10-24-09, 05:48 PM
jhill20
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to see someone taking advantage of Jin and his talents over at Kyoei. He is a perfectionist to the end, which makes good for the customer in my opinion.
Old 10-24-09, 06:38 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do they do aligments over at kyoei?
Old 10-24-09, 06:43 PM
jhill20
Lead Lap

not in house no. If you call jin or PM him I'm sure he'll have a recommendation for you though...what size wheels?

Last edited by jhill20; 10-24-09 at 06:44 PM. Reason: addition
Old 10-24-09, 06:51 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sitting on stock 08 2is 18s. I think it's 18x8 in the front and 18.5 in the rear.
Old 10-24-09, 08:54 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I live in Anthem. I drove 100 miles round trip and it was worth it. If I have any rubbing in the future with the current set up we have I will not hesitate to make the trip again.
Old 10-24-09, 08:56 PM
jhill20
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I live in Anthem. I drove 100 miles round trip and it was worth it. If I have any rubbing in the future with the current set up we have I will not hesitate to make the trip again.
Dear Lord God man! That is far! That's cool though....
Old 10-25-09, 08:29 AM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Jin is the man! He worked on my car before.
Old 10-25-09, 08:02 PM
rudedog35
Pole Position

Another Satisfied Customer Here Also
Great Guy, Great Price, Great Shop....
Old 10-25-09, 11:09 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I am very happy with the result of the fender trimming. I just wish I bought a couple of VIP magazines from Jin when I was there
Old 10-26-09, 09:43 AM
blackANESE
Pole Position

I need to get my fronts rolled, I'll hit them up
Old 10-26-09, 12:33 PM
Big C
Pole Position

Thank you for posting your experience at Kyoei, it means a lot to everyone here at the shop.

I didn't get to meet you but I own the blue 350Z that was out front. Thank you for the kind words regarding my car, appreciate it!

You have a very clean GS as well. I am surrounded by all these Lexus/VIP vehicles and it is tempting me to start a new project in the future....If you would have grabbed some of the VIP Style magazines I guarantee you are going to be itchin to change your set up, lol. It's like a drug...

-Chris
Old 10-26-09, 04:32 PM
Iocca
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Big C
Thank you for posting your experience at Kyoei, it means a lot to everyone here at the shop.

I didn't get to meet you but I own the blue 350Z that was out front. Thank you for the kind words regarding my car, appreciate it!

You have a very clean GS as well. I am surrounded by all these Lexus/VIP vehicles and it is tempting me to start a new project in the future....If you would have grabbed some of the VIP Style magazines I guarantee you are going to be itchin to change your set up, lol. It's like a drug...

-Chris
did u leave element?
Old 10-26-09, 05:14 PM
Big C
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Iocca
did u leave element?
Yep, but wasn't my choice. Business is slow, so they let go the person that's been there the longest

Quick Reply: Kyoei USA fender mod and VIP experience