Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Northern Virginia (NOVA)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-19, 12:00 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Been nice out

You kidding? These past few days have been perfect for taking out a sportscar! Maybe a little sand here n there but how mint can the 09' be if I'm taking my 17' out to hammer on? These cars thrive on cold air! I can understand of it's raining or sleet - on it way tomrw! 👺
Old 01-25-19, 10:35 PM
cdotchao
Driver School Candidate

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

I’ll be at Katie’s in the morning probably around 7:30-8am if anyone wants to go. I’ll do dulles on Sunday almost likely as well.
Old 01-27-19, 05:25 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Dulles Landing

Was 22 degrees this morning out at the Dulles Landing Dunkin Donuts Meet. Seems the weather has kept many folks inside for sure since the lot was so empty - except for the huge Mopar Crew that's always here! Oh well, once again I was the only Lexus here from 7-9am!
Old 01-29-19, 03:16 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I’m planning on coming out this weekend unless the roads are still salty. The cold does not bother me but I was out of town this weekend and hope to meet you guys soon
Old 01-29-19, 10:18 PM
cdotchao
Driver School Candidate

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

I woke up so late, got there @9:10 and the entire lot was empty :/ as long as weather is good I’ll be doing great falls and Dulles this weekend

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Was 22 degrees this morning out at the Dulles Landing Dunkin Donuts Meet. Seems the weather has kept many folks inside for sure since the lot was so empty - except for the huge Mopar Crew that's always here! Oh well, once again I was the only Lexus here from 7-9am!
Old 02-08-19, 04:50 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Ill be at Katie’s tomorrow morning
Old 02-23-19, 03:40 PM
nquinn
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys! I'm looking to possibly buy an IS300 or IS350 sometime soon. Would be great to stop by a meetup and chat with you guys about you what love or hate about your cars!

I'd also love to find anyone that works on their car and would like to teach me some basics I'd love to learn more. I've done my own brakes, CV joint, accessory belts, and car stereo installs in the past with the help of friends, but would love to learn more of the easy-intermediate work like suspension work (control arms, bushings, sway bars, shocks, etc).

When's the next meetup?

Last edited by nquinn; 02-23-19 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-26-19, 06:04 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Thanks to Club Lexus I had the pleasure of meeting a very kind and enthusiastic young LC500 owner here in Northern Virginia yesterday.

Not only did we have an outstanding time chatting about All Things Lexus, this highly educated gentleman was gracious enough to present me with a very sophisticated Japanese Whisky. I didnt even realize the irony until later- we are both proud owners of the luxurious F Series line of vehicles. Im ashamed to admit I didnt even get photos of our cars, but will remedy this tomorrow at the weekly Sunday morning Cars and Coffee meets at Dulles Landing. Should anyone reading this post in the Metro DC area, please come on out any Sunday and locate me. Im proud to say that Im the only Lexus RCF owner present every Sunday! Hope to see you there!

Cars & Coffee @ Dulles Landing

*Just had a full PPF and Ceramic Coating done by local shop "American Shine!" - absolutely stunning results!!

Out of curiosity how much did just the PPF for the full car run you?
Old 02-27-19, 04:50 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Cool American Shine

Originally Posted by peasodos
Out of curiosity how much did just the PPF for the full car run you?
Ya know Peasodos....I'd have to look at the invoice to determine what that broke down to. I went a bit further than most on film. Tell ya what though, mention my name at this place and you will be high fived over the phone! These guys put in some serious hours perfecting the cars they take in. Contracted w local Tesla and other big names in Autopark. Never seen more McLarens at one time together as well. Hit me up via PM for details and a proper referral ok? That is if you are seeking to do your Lexus - which model do you have?*

Addition: Yesterday, hit a friggin pothole on 495 heading toward Belvoir. Felt harder than any other hundred I hit in this brutal Metro DC area. Quickly switched dash over to PSI Readout and saw the Right Front start dropping PSI slowly.(20) Thankfully was near my old buddies shop who treats my Cummins. When he sprayed on that soapy water it blew a huge bubble right away! Not only dented the rim, but it sliced the sidewall. Didn't dawn on me until opened the trunk (though Ive read about it many times here) These cars don't even come with a damn Donut Spare!! (HUGE thumbs down to Lexus for this....... ) That joke of a Fix-A-Flat stuff they include wouldn't have worked anyway. A lonnnnng day ensued tracking back and forth from Lorton to Chantilly to get Stock Wheels & Tires back onto the F to make it back home! Feeling a little upset with every aspect involved in this dilemma. Now must have tire removed to inspect Wheel for replacement - there goes a new(er) Pilot 4S to I-495 !!

Now THAT is a nice Bubble!

Old 03-16-19, 05:53 AM
orsmondjm
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Shout out from fellow Marine

Howdy GunnyFitz.

Fellow Marine here. I am a new member to the forums, at least with an account. I am trying to get up to speed to do some of my own repair work vice paying out the nose at the dealer. I am out by Manassas and would love to be in touch with anyone else familiar with working on Lexus cars. I've got a 2006 SC430 that has done well. Recently I've been fighting rodents who are eating wires in the engine bay. Currently they have eaten through the Ignition Coil wires to the ignition coil one the passenger side, second from the rear (#5 I think). I've got to see if I can muster up some wire repair skills to get this one fixed. No idea of the hundreds of dollars this would cost me at the shop! Anyone with any knowledge of repairing/splicing wires into the engine control harness would be very much appreciated!

As a side, I was amazed to see that rodents eating wires in the engine bay is a regular problem.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (03-18-19)
Old 03-16-19, 05:59 AM
orsmondjm
Driver School Candidate

Gunny,

I've had the same problem, in late December. Cost me a fortune to get a new rim and tire from Pohanka. This is one of the downsides to low profile tires. Potholes seem to bend and ruin the wheels on a regular basis. I had to have AAA tow the car to Pohanka and wait for two weeks to get a new wheel. Total PITA.
GunnyFitz (03-18-19)
Old 03-18-19, 05:51 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Cool Dont Get Me Started! LOL

Originally Posted by orsmondjm
Gunny,

I've had the same problem, in late December. Cost me a fortune to get a new rim and tire from Pohanka. This is one of the downsides to low profile tires. Potholes seem to bend and ruin the wheels on a regular basis. I had to have AAA tow the car to Pohanka and wait for two weeks to get a new wheel. Total PITA.
Yeah this Wheel issue has driven my BP too high, but I need to let it go. Checked w 3 different Wheel Repair Shops in Fairfax area and they all stated it "looks like" it will hold a bead, but I wouldn't know until I tried mounting a tire to it. Finding a used tire in my size is just way too difficult, therefore it looks like I'll have to get both of them new.
We use Pohanka as well and luckily I have a super Service Writer there who takes care of me! You can certainly reach out to him if you wish (PM me for details) BUT.....I have a very close buddy who owns a big shop in Lorton/Newington area and is the only person I let work on both our Lexus vehicle's and my Dodge Cummins. He is the type which saves you money instead of soaking it out of you. If you are seeking to replace the wiring harness or any other minor things like this - you would be in very good hands w him! Also, I have another highly rated shop in Sterling who does top notch work- but think Lorton would be closer to you. Hit me up if you'd like the info.

Last edited by GunnyFitz; 05-01-19 at 06:48 AM.
orsmondjm (03-18-19)
Old 03-18-19, 10:25 AM
orsmondjm
Driver School Candidate

Gunny, or Should I say First Sergeant,

Awesome shadow box! Very cool/nice work by whomever put that together. If that was you, nice job! Yeah, I was a bit stuck on the whole wheel replacement, and was amazed at the cost of a new rim. The new tire was a no brainer for me, as to get to a safe place I had to drive on the run flats....and they completely fell apart. I was thankful that more damage wasn't done to the car, but still amazed at the cost. I should have just taken it to my local place, bought a new tire and wheel online, got it mounted an balanced, and put it on myself. It would have been about a third of the price. I'll definitely reach out to you on some of those contacts. I'd like to keep this car, but do have to find some more economical help when general repairs are needed.
GunnyFitz (03-18-19)
Old 05-01-19, 06:47 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Anyone Seeking Wheel & Tire Package?

To my fellow Virginia Lexus Owners -

In case you did not see this Classified Listing - I am looking to sell my beautiful 20" Ace Alloy "Black Chrome" Wheels shod w Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires.
Rather than rewrite it all for you, please see my listing below. They look 20X better in person and I invite you to come see for yourself in the Fairfax area...

Stunning Ace Alloy 20s! (SOLD!!) Phew!

Last edited by GunnyFitz; 06-05-20 at 03:14 AM.
Old 05-24-19, 04:07 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

I’ll be at Katie’s tomorrow in case anybody wants to roll in together

Quick Reply: Northern Virginia (NOVA)