Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Greenville SC Area - LS Owners & PPI Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-18, 06:50 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Greenville SC Area - LS Owners & PPI Inspection

Hi Fellow CL members,

I am looking for some help, assistance or ideas with a long distance purchase. I am interested in purchasing a 2012 LS460 in the Greenville, SC area. Problem is, I am located in WI. It was suggested to me to reach out to the regional group and see if someone could either assist or recommend someone who could. I am too far away from the vehicle to just drop down and test drive and do a PPI. If anyone has any contacts, ideas or recommendations, please let me know. I am not sure how to proceed with this.

Thanks in advance.
Gary
Old 01-15-18, 10:30 AM
AgedGS
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

As far as getting it checked out, I would recommend 1) Lexus of Greenville, 2) Japanese auto on Salters road, or 3) 1st class H.A.L.T. Honda, Acura, Lexus, Toyota). There doesn't seem to be a very active local group on here for the upstate SC area, but I would recommend any of the above shops here.
The following users liked this post:
Luscombe8A (01-15-18)
Old 01-15-18, 10:41 AM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by AgedGS
As far as getting it checked out, I would recommend 1) Lexus of Greenville, 2) Japanese auto on Salters road, or 3) 1st class H.A.L.T. Honda, Acura, Lexus, Toyota). There doesn't seem to be a very active local group on here for the upstate SC area, but I would recommend any of the above shops here.
Thanks as this is timely. Entering into discussion with dealer about vehicle and where to get a PPI.

Appreciate the help. I am encouraged that I might be able to make this long distance thing actually work.
Old 01-15-18, 10:49 AM
AgedGS
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Luscombe8A
Thanks as this is timely. Entering into discussion with dealer about vehicle and where to get a PPI.

Appreciate the help. I am encouraged that I might be able to make this long distance thing actually work.
NP, and good luck with it. I had to drive from here to Charlotte, NC to find my GS, and did not have the luxury of being able to get it checked any more than I could do in the previous owner's driveway. Fortunately, it has turned out for the best (so far).

**EDIT** What dealership, may I ask?