Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Independent Mechanic South Florida - Referrals

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-17, 04:58 PM
Bimmer2Lex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Independent Mechanic South Florida - Referrals

Can anyone recommend a good independent mechanic in South Florida please - preferably Broward? I'm done bringing my car to the stealership, especially because now my car isn't under warranty, coupled with the fact that my SA at JM Lexus is no longer there, I have no incentive to go back there. In fact, the last time I was there, I had a terrible experience, which I'll refrain from venting about. Thanks for any help guys!
Old 04-23-17, 08:33 PM
Mrfix
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

A good way to find a decent mechanic is to go to google maps and type in Lexus Repair. You get all the shops in the area that repair Lexus vehicles.

That's what I did for your location and this guy came up on the map.

This shop seems to have some good reviews.

ericswrench.com
145 S Congress Ave, Delray Beach, FL 33445

He works on Toyota and Lexus and has some good reviews. Best to drop by one day and check them out.
Old 04-26-17, 06:20 PM
Bimmer2Lex
Driver School Candidate

Ok I'll give that a shop. I was hoping for some personal recommendations, but if this is all I have to work with, then that'll suffice. I appreciate the info
Old 08-11-17, 08:05 PM
MacAddict
Driver School Candidate

Jamasco Auto Repair. The entire family in Toyota and BMW certified mechanics. I get all my mods done there. They also do normal day to day maintenance if you like.
Old 08-12-17, 12:12 PM
Bimmer2Lex
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone. So far I've been using the Toyota dealership for oil changes using 0W20 oil, which is A LOT cheaper than Lexus. When my 60k service comes up in about 5k more miles, I might have to really hunt down one of these shops, which is when I'll need to replace the air conditioner filter, replace brake fluid, replace spark plugs, and replace engine air filter. I'm not sure if Toyota will do it. Does anyone know?
Old 08-20-17, 02:57 PM
Bimmer2Lex
Driver School Candidate

I got my oil changed at Toyota yesterday and asked if they'd be able to do the 60k service for me (I specified only the items I needed done, air conditioner filter, brake fluid etc), and my SA said it wouldn't be a problem. My only question is if it matters that it's Toyota parts? I don't think it would matter as long as it fits my car right? I mean, Lexus is just an upgraded Toyota.