Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

4th of July Weekend Caffeine & Octane Meet (7/3/11)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-11, 03:17 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4th of July Weekend Caffeine & Octane Meet (7/3/11)

THIS EVENT IS CANCELLED DUE TO C & O BEING CANCELLED AND NO OTHER VENUE BEING ANNOUNCED AS OF 6/26/11. THIS APPLIES TO THE LUNCH AT TILTED KILT AS WELL

Alright folks, looks like there is plenty of interest here, and a bunch of us have been talking about it for a while, so it's about time the Lexus community gets organized and starts representing our brand like all the other enthusiasts have been doing for the past couple of meets. I want to organize a huge Lexus showing for the Caffeine & Octane Meet in Alpharetta during the 4th of July weekend. Note, the actual meet is on Sunday, 7/3/11!!
First, I want to see who would be interested in coming out, and please, please, please.... if you post you are coming out, please mean it, and be on time!!! The last meet (Import Alliance) was very disappointing as far as Lexus turn out and a lot of effort and money was put into that by me and Dan.
Sorry for the sidebar, but we have talked about the Lexus scene in Atlanta, and here is a prime opportunity for us. Bo (aka RedPaste) the owner of Tilted Kilt, is willing to once again work with us and accomodate us (as he so graciously did with Import Alliance), but I want to see how many of us are actually interested and committed to coming out to the meet, and then going to the Tilted Kilt for some great food and nice scenery of the female variety.

Tilted Kilt Johns Creek
9700 Medlock Bridge Rd.
Johns Creek, GA. 30097

So the plan is this:

Meet up @ 6:30am (Yes, 6:30am!! due to everyone getting there earlier and earlier) at Chik Fil A, roll out @ 6:45am to the meet, and park, chill and gawk at all the exotic automotive artwork, then head to Tilted Kilt for lunch around 11am. I will post more details depending upon interest, so I'd like to get a roll call going. Again, please sign up if you're serious about coming out and state if you're doing both the meet AND the lunch @ Tilted Kilt so we can get a head count for Bo to reserve enough tables for us and maybe get discounted food and reserved parking and such if we have a big enough group.

1. Veritek GS400 (meet & lunch)
2. CarbonGS GS300 (meet & lunch)
3. Quick123 IS350 (meet & lunch)
4. dmk08 IS350 (meet & lunch)
5. 1sick GS 450h (meet & lunch) & other Lexus vehicles.

Last edited by veritek; 06-26-11 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-08-11, 03:26 PM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

COUNT ME IN!!!

quick123 is350 (meet & lunch)
Old 06-08-11, 03:28 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by quick123
COUNT ME IN!!!

quick123 is350 (meet & lunch)
Wow, your quick!!! Will add you to the list bro!!
Old 06-08-11, 03:30 PM
dmk08
Intermediate

I'm in and will go to both. My wheels will definitely be in and on by then. If they are not me and Forgestar are gonna be at ends!
Old 06-08-11, 03:31 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dmk08
I'm in and will go to both. My wheels will definitely be in and on by then. If they are not me and Forgestar are gonna be at ends!
Nice, wow we're of to a great start!!
Old 06-08-11, 04:00 PM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by veritek
Wow, your quick!!! Will add you to the list bro!!
"you should see me drive..."

LOL...just happened to check at the right time, thanks for organizing...
Old 06-08-11, 04:14 PM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

you know im down! only thing i dont know is if i will be in town that weekend. i will confirm my position on this in another week or 2. sorry if im being wishy washy this go around, but not sure if the wifey wants me to take her out of this hell hole. lol
Old 06-08-11, 07:50 PM
LexFather

Bing, once again thanks for leading this. He is right, no excuses time for Atlanta to step it up. This is a great free meet in the morning where you will see so many amazing cars and once again Bo is being a gracious host to us at the Tilted Kilt with a Lexus discount.

Sadly I don't think I'll be in Jamaica so I'm in and will try to get my family out there as well.
Old 06-09-11, 08:33 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by quick123
"you should see me drive..."

LOL...just happened to check at the right time, thanks for organizing...
Drive it like you stole it, haha!!! Thanks for supporting. I'll gladly organize if people will commit to show up and have a good time.

Originally Posted by GGPIS3
you know im down! only thing i dont know is if i will be in town that weekend. i will confirm my position on this in another week or 2. sorry if im being wishy washy this go around, but not sure if the wifey wants me to take her out of this hell hole. lol
OK Dan, no worries. You are one I can count on and have proved it repeatedly, so just let me know bro.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Bing, once again thanks for leading this. He is right, no excuses time for Atlanta to step it up. This is a great free meet in the morning where you will see so many amazing cars and once again Bo is being a gracious host to us at the Tilted Kilt with a Lexus discount.

Sadly I don't think I'll be in Jamaica so I'm in and will try to get my family out there as well.
No problem Mike. Just trying to do my part, and return the favor, since you've been organizing meets for us for so long over the years.
Old 06-09-11, 08:48 AM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

Ill see what I can do, I just traded the SC300 for a G35 Coupe. Ill either drive the G or the GS (maybe even put my victrix's on it if Im feeling frisky).
Old 06-09-11, 09:18 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

I'll be a thousand miles away for this weekend. Sorry guys.
Old 06-09-11, 02:21 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Ill see what I can do, I just traded the SC300 for a G35 Coupe. Ill either drive the G or the GS (maybe even put my victrix's on it if Im feeling frisky).
Tell you what, bring out the GS this time, then the G35 next month, deal?
Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I'll be a thousand miles away for this weekend. Sorry guys.
Geez Lance, if you didn't wanna come, you didn't have to go a thousand miles away, . Well, maybe next time. Have fun and be safe.
Old 06-14-11, 11:04 AM
nivek5sfe
Pole Position

looks like theyre changing venues again starting july
Old 06-14-11, 02:18 PM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nivek5sfe
looks like theyre changing venues again starting july
details on this information????
Old 06-14-11, 04:03 PM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.caffeineandoctane.com/

THE MOST RECENT POST:

"Ok guys and girls, time for some facts. First off the event has not been cancelled. Yes we have lost our venue, but I was already working on another location close by. I recognized problems with Mansell Crossing, mainly the lack of Caffeine! Starbucks tried hard and we thank them, but we’ve outgrown the location.

That said though size does it was not the primary reason we were told to leave. For that reason we all need to look in the mirror. We had a number of burnouts, people parked in fire lanes, and the group along the main road egging on departing participants to ” do something stupid!”

As I mentioned I’m working on a new venue, but we need to clean up our act, or the same thing will happen. Frankly I’m willing to try this one more time, but after that… Unfortunately it only takes a few to spoil it for the rest. Before anybody starts pinning blame on a specific group or genre there were offenders of all ages and Marques.

When we do move there will be a lot more police presence. They will not be giving warnings. More to come soon. But for now keep checking the site and please DO NOT go to Mansell Crossing for the July event."

Quick Reply: 4th of July Weekend Caffeine & Octane Meet (7/3/11)