Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Anybody from North Carolina?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-17, 01:58 PM
jdm93400
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anybody here from charlotte
Old 11-14-17, 05:52 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

I'd be down to come out to Charlotte if there is a meet going on.

Can't really mess around too much though, already got 3 points on the record.
Old 12-06-17, 07:13 AM
YesItBe2JZ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus Love in the Queen City! Anybody in NC or SC, preferably Charlotte area, know of a decent shop to have maintenance and modification done? I have a leaky camshaft and need to do a suspension overhaul (TEIN coilover upgrade, front brake rotor replacement, strut replacement, etc).

This week I took it to a shop but found they are not interested in installing aftermarket "performance" parts. Aside from some suspension upgrades which were long overdue, my dear Lexus is also in need of being serviced. It has been leaking oil and the repair shop diagnosed it as a leaky camshaft seal. They said they don't have the tools to repair it but can put an additive in the oil which is supposed to revitalize the seal. Rather than put a bandage on a potential issue I would rather find a shop which has the tools and knowledge to repair my vehicle.
Old 12-09-17, 01:56 PM
Patton6964
Advanced

Received 183 Likes on 116 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by YesItBe2JZ
Lexus Love in the Queen City! Anybody in NC or SC, preferably Charlotte area, know of a decent shop to have maintenance and modification done? I have a leaky camshaft and need to do a suspension overhaul (TEIN coilover upgrade, front brake rotor replacement, strut replacement, etc).

This week I took it to a shop but found they are not interested in installing aftermarket "performance" parts. Aside from some suspension upgrades which were long overdue, my dear Lexus is also in need of being serviced. It has been leaking oil and the repair shop diagnosed it as a leaky camshaft seal. They said they don't have the tools to repair it but can put an additive in the oil which is supposed to revitalize the seal. Rather than put a bandage on a potential issue I would rather find a shop which has the tools and knowledge to repair my vehicle.
check out soho motorspots. im still trying to meet some people with F's in Charlotte. i always go to coffee and cars. could meet there or some place else. always free on the weekends
Old 04-25-18, 04:42 PM
LSINA7
Driver School Candidate

Huntersville here. Just moved here a little over a year ago. Have had a bunch of cars but Lexus wise, 2012 ISF Sport, most recently a GSF Sport, and recently just a bought a junker SC300 to build. Would love to meet some people around the area and especially ones that need beer and pizza and like to turn wrenches...
Old 07-19-18, 02:43 PM
Dmaxdmax
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Davidson in the House! (North of Charlotte)

Am picking up my first Lexus next week - an ES300h with Mark Levinson. Very excited!

Any recommendations for Charlotte area ceramic/nano coating installers?

Thanks!
Old 07-19-18, 08:49 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Exclusive detail is the biggest one I saw and has a variety of options but I went with paint protection of Charlotte. I’m getting mine fully wrapped and no ceramic because I’m not convinced of the additional benefit on top of Ppf. David at Paint protection of Charlotte is the only detailer to use modesta which seems to be the top tier of ceramics if that’s what you’re looking for. I went to David there because he doesn’t use precut templates on his wraps and everything is tucked. I also went there because he uses the 3m pro series with replacement warranty and the distributor had a promo a couple months ago where they would include that warranty for free. I decided to go there rather than exclusive because he uses 3m more and is more comfortable applying it than exclusive. Yes exclusive has a lot of experience but he was up front and said xpel is what he works with most is most comfortable and only carries the other products due to consumer demand.
The following users liked this post:
Wilzzonn (07-20-18)
Old 07-19-18, 08:51 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Originally Posted by LSINA7
Huntersville here. Just moved here a little over a year ago. Have had a bunch of cars but Lexus wise, 2012 ISF Sport, most recently a GSF Sport, and recently just a bought a junker SC300 to build. Would love to meet some people around the area and especially ones that need beer and pizza and like to turn wrenches...
I would be willing to make the trek up there to *** clown for a beer
Old 07-20-18, 05:26 AM
Wilzzonn
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Been looking around for this information! Heard any good reviews on anyone that does wraps?
Old 07-20-18, 05:34 AM
baconRx
Instructor

Depends on what film you’re looking for. David at paint protection of Charlotte looks to do a good job and that’s why I went to him. Responsive and knows his stuff and never uses precut film. He uses 3m and suntek

Also idk if anyone uses any other chat platform but I figure it’s easier to communicate locally if we use one. Here’s one for group me or we can make one on discord if anyone uses that
You're invited to my new group 'CL of Charlotte' on GroupMe. Click here to join: https://groupme.com/join_group/42162123/MHC6TU
Old 08-15-18, 02:54 AM
NCIS350F
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm just south of Raleigh. Look forward to meeting some of you one day.
Old 07-29-19, 04:41 PM
greatman77
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I am in Charlotte, would be interested in any input on getting local repair work/parts for my 99 LS400.
Old 09-08-19, 07:51 AM
KINGBRITT
Driver School Candidate

Im from wilson nc! Anyone know someone local that can do a 1j swap??
Old 09-17-19, 06:28 PM
Viplatinum
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Charlotte here......does any L owner meet up or cruise or something???? Sad sad here...
Old 09-24-19, 07:10 PM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Viplatinum
Charlotte here......does any L owner meet up or cruise or something???? Sad sad here...
I'm in Charlotte with a mildly modded 07 IS350. But don't usually meet up since there's no one to met up with. But hit me up.

Quick Reply: Anybody from North Carolina?