Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Help! can't pass inspection....

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-11, 01:12 PM
TRDmike
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Help! can't pass inspection....

Drove down to Florida and picked up a 99 blk int/ext SC300 with a rebuilt title.
Trying to get it registered in my name but since it has a rebuilt title it had to go through inspections.

This is what i failed on:

Something to do with not being able to see through the area between the fender and the fuse box. As you can see the white spots, inspector tried to chisel his way through something..... no idea what he is trying to do... upset he attempted to do this without my permission...

Not being able to identify VIN on sticker (Driver door)

This is something i didn't notice till now...and is the worse of them all, the exhaust hanger is just hanging and there is a hole and exhaust is barely hanging on that metal strap.
Wasn't this bad when i last checked it before going to that inspection area.

Can anyone tell me/guide me where to go to get these areas repaired ASAP?
I'm located in Warner Robins, GA but will drive the distance to get the job done.

Thanks.

Last edited by TRDmike; 03-15-11 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-15-11, 01:33 PM
xcelr8
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have that exhaust part welded...the sticker on the door...maybe you can get that from Lexus.

Don't know what the guy is looking for on fender.
Old 03-15-11, 02:47 PM
xcelr8
Pole Position

Mike:

I tried to reach you by phone. Twice. without more info (like why did he try to cut into fender) I can't help. But that part over the exhaust is a very simple weld. I t was a crack the last I knew of it...I do not know how it opened. Did the inspector open it somehow? It was inspected down here first.

Last edited by xcelr8; 03-15-11 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-15-11, 03:21 PM
TRDmike
Pole Position

Originally Posted by xcelr8
Mike:

I tried to reach you by phone. Twice. without more info (like why did he try to cut into fender) I can't help. But that part over the exhaust is a very simple weld. I t was a crack the last I knew of it...I do not know how it opened. Did the inspector open it somehow? It was inspected down here first.

I'm pretty sure the inspector that looked over my car pulled it and chiseled into my fender without my permission.... inspector looked like a damn teenage in high school... probably is...
The place i went to seemed like a chop shop.... but had no other options cause it is what DMV directed me to go to...

This place is not to friendly with imports as well.....

anyone know another place i can go to?? Sadly, they held onto my title so they don't charge me double inspection fees when i do go back... (don't really want to but don't have the option)
Old 03-15-11, 07:30 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

aiy mike i have a friend up in buford..his dad used to do inspection at his shop bck then. if u interested i can giv u his pops shop #. he might be able to help u i know its too far.
Old 03-15-11, 09:58 PM
TRDmike
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
aiy mike i have a friend up in buford..his dad used to do inspection at his shop bck then. if u interested i can giv u his pops shop #. he might be able to help u i know its too far.
If it was closer definitly, but appriciate for the help guess I'm going to try and get the parts I failed on repaird. Don't have an option at the moment to get inspected by another shop.
Old 03-15-11, 11:48 PM
atlgsxr
Rookie

i just had my car inspected when i bought a salvaged title sc( inspection was like 2 weeks ago)..called him and made an appointment for him to come over to my house..50 for house call and another 50 for inspection fee...dude didnt even pop my hood..checked for vins and made sure none of the lights were on in the cluster..10 minutes MAX.
Old 03-15-11, 11:50 PM
atlgsxr
Rookie

oh yea im down in fayetteville/hampton area
Old 03-16-11, 01:16 AM
fleecer
Driver

atlgsxr..... i need that done on my 300zx. please give me some details.
Old 03-16-11, 08:32 AM
TRDmike
Pole Position

Originally Posted by atlgsxr
i just had my car inspected when i bought a salvaged title sc( inspection was like 2 weeks ago)..called him and made an appointment for him to come over to my house..50 for house call and another 50 for inspection fee...dude didnt even pop my hood..checked for vins and made sure none of the lights were on in the cluster..10 minutes MAX.
Damn, wish i gone to that guy first... the place i was referred to stated they are going to be charging me around $200... and went through my hood and put my car on a lift. I still have to go back after i get the stuff repaired...
Old 03-16-11, 11:15 AM
atlgsxr
Rookie

Originally Posted by TRDmike
Damn, wish i gone to that guy first... the place i was referred to stated they are going to be charging me around $200... and went through my hood and put my car on a lift. I still have to go back after i get the stuff repaired...

do you have to go back to them or can you get it inspected elsewhere?..the inspection place in perry sucks *****..no one i know passes there.
Old 03-16-11, 01:36 PM
xcelr8
Pole Position

Mike:

Here are the three things to do:

Get the sticker. I called Lexus yesterday and they said it can be done.

Weld that hole. I can't believe that guy put a hole in the fender and apparently, tore the exhaust hanger as well. I hope he chokes on pig grease.
Then, call THIS inspector above.

That should do it.
Old 03-16-11, 03:51 PM
TRDmike
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by xcelr8
Mike:

Here are the three things to do:

Get the sticker. I called Lexus yesterday and they said it can be done.

Weld that hole. I can't believe that guy put a hole in the fender and apparently, tore the exhaust hanger as well. I hope he chokes on pig grease.
Then, call THIS inspector above.

That should do it.
That's the plan, but if i do fail again when i go back to get the title definitely going to call that inspector.
Old 03-16-11, 04:33 PM
atlgsxr
Rookie

It's a 100 bucks each time you get re-inspected!!
Old 03-16-11, 05:02 PM
xcelr8
Pole Position

It's a 100 bucks each time you get re-inspected!!
He's got one free one after this F#$%tard tore up his car. I guess he felt bad or something. The guy also damaged the hood latch...I cant see how, I 've had the thing for 5 friggin years and NO problems. I slammed the hood trillions of times...no problems.

BTW: thanks for helping.

Quick Reply: Help! can't pass inspection....