Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

ATL: 2011 Caffiene & Octane Official Meets Thread (May 1st), 8-11am, Alpharetta)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-11, 07:25 PM
LexFather

Post ATL: 2011 Caffiene & Octane Official Meets Thread (May 1st), 8-11am, Alpharetta)

Atlanta lets get unified!

You've seen the threads with pics and heard all about it. In my opinion its by far the best free meet in Atlanta. The meet has moved to a larger location and its time us Lexus owners go unified and park together.

Its a real cool meet and you see tons of exotics, old school cars, retro rides, special cars and just about anything of interest. You walk around and check rides out.

It doesn't matter if you are stock, highly modified, dub, VIP, Race inspired etc, bring your Lexus out!

Day/Time/Where

Map here
http://www.caffeineandoctane.com/index.php/directions/
The show is held from 8:00am – 11:00am on the first Sunday of every month at Mansell Crossing, Alpharetta, GA near North Point Mall.

I would like for us to park together maybe in the side or by the rear where we don't take up space for the exotics and be respectful to the truly special rides etc but we still look good.

Please post your thoughts. Its early but its truly a great meet. True early birds can even meet up somewhere before the meet and have a nice Lexus roll in.

This thread will be bumped every month for rollcall for meets. The next one is February 6th.

Mike

Meet Dates (Subject to change due to Holiday
Feb 6th
March 6th
April 3rd
May 1st
June 5th
July 3rd (July 4th weekend might change)
August 7th
September 4th (Labor Day weekend might change)
October 2nd
November 6th
December 4th

Last edited by LexFather; 01-31-11 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-09-11, 12:01 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Would love to go, but for us in the military (reserves), the first wknd of the month we usually have our monthly duty the first Sat/Sun. Not sure how many of us are in that boat, but I am..shoot. I know with other car forums I have been with, the first weekend was always hard because folks always had stuff going on, the 2nd or third weekend seemed to work out pretty good, just my 2 cents. Hopefully I will get to one of these local meets because I am looking forward to meeting more ATL peeps. Are there any happy hour meet ups after work during the week by chance with CL folks? Still a newb around here so I don't know.

Last edited by CJITTY; 01-09-11 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-10-11, 06:45 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Would love to go, but for us in the military (reserves), the first wknd of the month we usually have our monthly duty the first Sat/Sun. Not sure how many of us are in that boat, but I am..shoot. I know with other car forums I have been with, the first weekend was always hard because folks always had stuff going on, the 2nd or third weekend seemed to work out pretty good, just my 2 cents. Hopefully I will get to one of these local meets because I am looking forward to meeting more ATL peeps. Are there any happy hour meet ups after work during the week by chance with CL folks? Still a newb around here so I don't know.
Not to worry, we have the SELOC (Southeastern Lexus Owners Club) meets on the 3rd Friday of the month in Buckhead in downtown Atlanta. Look out for the next meet in the Southeast section.
Old 01-10-11, 06:48 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

I should be able to make these now that they are so close to my house (less than 10min) and I can still make it to church afterwards!!
Old 01-10-11, 10:53 AM
brokendubs
Driver School Candidate

I will definitely try to come to some of these meets...
Old 01-10-11, 11:19 AM
fleishelja
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I was at the last one, my camera died before I really got going though. Heres the few that I got haha.

the last one is when I got to work that day lol. I saw my coworkers car on jackstands and well...
Old 01-31-11, 08:53 PM
LexFather

Okay I'll be meeting Veritek out there Sunday February 6th. Who else is down?
Old 02-01-11, 09:28 AM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm down. How early are we trying to get there. I mostly have to leave at 11am sharp.
Old 02-01-11, 10:29 AM
LexFather

It starts at 8am sharp, that is when I'll be there.
Old 02-01-11, 10:38 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

I'm hoping to be there before 8am. Depends on my parent's flight tho since I'm picking them up from the airport (flight's supposed to arrive at 545am)
Old 02-01-11, 11:52 AM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I plan on being there early, probably a bit before 8am as well...I really would like to meet you guys and put a face to the name...

I have not been to the new location yet, so I don't know where everyone wants to meet and park...suggestions?
Old 02-01-11, 12:03 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by quick123
I plan on being there early, probably a bit before 8am as well...I really would like to meet you guys and put a face to the name...

I have not been to the new location yet, so I don't know where everyone wants to meet and park...suggestions?
This is also my first time at the new spot. It would be great to park together. Maybe near the rear so we don't take up the good spots for the exotics/old school cars?

Anyone with any ideas?

Last edited by LexFather; 02-01-11 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-01-11, 07:12 PM
DrDrilZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
This is also my first time at the new spot. It would be great to park together. Maybe near the rear so we don't take up the good spots for the exotics/old school cars?

Anyone with any ideas?
i went last month. the lot is so much bigger. there were plenty of spots available throughout. "regular" cars were parked next to exotics. id be down to meet up and park with you guys, but i dont have a lexus anymore. btw, by 11am, most of the exotics and classics are gone.
Old 02-01-11, 08:03 PM
fleishelja
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be there @ 9 with a couple of ladies
Old 02-01-11, 10:26 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DrDrilZ
i went last month. the lot is so much bigger. there were plenty of spots available throughout. "regular" cars were parked next to exotics. id be down to meet up and park with you guys, but i dont have a lexus anymore. btw, by 11am, most of the exotics and classics are gone.
Dude your car is better than a Lexus

Quick Reply: ATL: 2011 Caffiene & Octane Official Meets Thread (May 1st), 8-11am, Alpharetta)