Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Don't buy at Lexus of Huntsville

Old 04-24-10, 10:54 AM
HSVRX350
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Don't buy at Lexus of Huntsville

A sales person said "I spent alot of time with you this past year" and "You can't take this 2006 LX470 for test drive".

Would you be offended?

Here's the rest of the story.

This past year I had put in two serious buying offers at Huntsville.

One was for a 2006 RX330. We were probably $4K on the price. No deal.

I went to different dealership for the same price and got a 2007 RX350 CPO.

Second offer was about 3 months ago for 2006 LS430. We were probably $4K apart again.

I did more research and test drove 07 LS460. Loved it.

Went and bought 07 LS460 CPO (No Nav) at Lexus of Louisville. It was worth it for the 4 hour there and back. Saved like $5K on the deal. Louisville had too many LS on their lot and made a deal that I couldn't refuse on the phone plus the 1.9% financing.

Fast forward to today. There is lots of wind today and perfect to see how the LX470 would hand the windy condition since I am ready for an Armageddon mobile.

I can't believe the salesmanship at Huntsville.

To add I used to own a dealership in Cocoa Beach Florida. I would have fired half the staff in Huntsville for being lazy and having attitude for the times I have visited. The only guy that I might keep on their staff is Stanley. The only guy that understands that customer is right when requesting for a test drive!
Old 04-24-10, 11:18 AM
HSVRX350
Rookie

Just for your viewing pleasure that I am not fabricating. Just venting!
Attached Thumbnails Don't buy at Lexus of Huntsville-two-lexuxes.jpg   Don't buy at Lexus of Huntsville-louisvlle.jpg  
Old 04-24-10, 12:40 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HSVRX350
A sales person said "I spent alot of time with you this past year" and "You can't take this 2006 LX470 for test drive".

Would you be offended?
Yes I would be offended, a salesman is there to show cars...The circumstances might affect that, but still politeness is in order...
Old 04-24-10, 12:51 PM
HSVRX350
Rookie

Originally Posted by encore888
Yes I would be offended, a salesman is there to show cars...The circumstances might affect that, but still politeness is in order...
I believed the salesperson is just plain sore because his General Manager or himself wasn't capable of closing the sale. They are bunch of pansies. The time that I spent there. No one was agressive enough to ask me for the sale - such as "What does it take to close the deal - or what do I need to do to earn your business". We were just pushing numbers back and forth the table and oceans apart from a real deal.

He was just jealous that I went somewhere else and got a better deal. Plain and simple.

Heck with Lexus Louisville - I asked the right questions over the phone and got the deal done on the phone after negotiating for about 20 minutes.
Old 04-24-10, 01:08 PM
stever500
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's really lame on their part. Definitely their loss.

So you got a 460 without the Nav? I wonder what percentage of them don't have the Nav? Do you miss not having it? I HAVE to have a Nav in dash in a newer car... if at all possible.

Cheers,
Steve R
Old 04-24-10, 01:46 PM
Craig B

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by stever500

So you got a 460 without the Nav? I wonder what percentage of them don't have the Nav? Do you miss not having it? I HAVE to have a Nav in dash in a newer car... if at all possible.

Cheers,
Steve R
About 1% is what my salesman told me when I purchased my GX 460. He said almost all have Nav. I have Nav on my LS and my GX...
Old 04-24-10, 01:52 PM
wannaGX
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My understanding is for the southwest at least, all 460s are sent with nav. you'd have to special order one to get without. . .
Old 04-24-10, 04:28 PM
HSVRX350
Rookie

Originally Posted by stever500

Cheers,
Steve R
I used to have a navi in the 04 RL. The only thing I didn't like about fixed units are when the early sunrise or late afternoon sun angle from the back window. It hits the screen and blinds you and you can't see directions. The current portable unit that I have. I can undock it when the sun gets in the way. Have it in my hands thus it switches to battery mode and I am able to navigate smoothly.

Everyone that comes in my car thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Here's another feature that comes in handy, I actually take it with me in the woods when I run or hike - if I get lost it finds my way back to the car.
Old 04-24-10, 04:32 PM
Des@Cerritos
Former Sponsor

SMH, people like the salesperson you encountered gives car sales a bad name.
Old 04-28-10, 04:03 PM
Nospinzone

Received 405 Likes on 313 Posts

I remember back in the mid 1990's that Infiniti stripped a local dealership from an owner for poor customer relations. Maybe if enough of you complain, Lexus will do the same with these Bozos.
Old 04-29-10, 10:16 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

OMG.. I had a similar problem when it came to Lexus of Huntsville. I stop by there in my SC400, just to get some parts, like oil filters, plugs, and misc stuff. I park right up front, where they have usually 3 new models under the awning, in front of all of the glass windows. Everyone can see me. I kept a count on how many times I went in there and made eye contact with several salesman, and no one spoke to me or just simply said "Good Morning, Can I help you with anything?".... I mean NOTHING!

After 7 trips to Lexus of Huntsville, I emailed the manager there. I have his name saved somewhere, and I got a response back within 24 hours..

He simply said he was sorry for the miscommunication on their behalf and he would talk with his sales department on greeting more customers as they come in. I swore I would never go in there EVER again, but their service guys and technicians have helped me out alot on the SC.

If I can find the email I will post it up and let everyone read exactly what it said. I wanted to share on my behalf, what happened to me. I could imagine if I was going to spend $$$$ on a new LS or IS or ES.. I would expect more customer satisfaction and doing whatever it took to get my numbers up and my cars sold off of my lot!
Old 03-18-13, 10:44 AM
Fnquick
Driver School Candidate

The rest of the story, What if a customer comes in several weekends in a row, leaving young kids in cafe and taking two hour test drives. Then when it is time to buy the customer wants you to match the price of a RX with a bad carfax, and then a LS nav level car with a non-nav car???
Old 03-18-13, 10:51 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Fnquick
The rest of the story, What if a customer comes in several weekends in a row, leaving young kids in cafe and taking two hour test drives. Then when it is time to buy the customer wants you to match the price of a RX with a bad carfax, and then a LS nav level car with a non-nav car???
I would have to get some numbers upfront. I am pretty sure that everyone will do some research on what they might have to pay for a particular car. It is common sense that a Lexus are not cheap by any menas, and why would anyone compare an RX with a bad car fax?? Makes no sense to me. Sounds like someone wanted to pimp around in a car they couldnt afford from the start. Shame on the dealership for allowing the two hour test drives. JMO.