Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

TAIL of the DRAGON 2009' Mandatory CL Event!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-09, 09:42 AM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dressd2Kil
Maybe we will have a bigger turnout than last year. Like HKS350 said, be ready to do alot of driving. I will be going up to the dragon at the end of April with S2KI so maybe I will find some new hidden treasures for us to enjoy. I just hope I can keep up with everyone with my little 4 banger!
rob, you're so funny man. I'm pretty sure that your 4 banger will butt rape 80% of cars that will be attending. I had a heck of a hard time keeping up with you back two years ago since my transmission and suspension wasn't up to par. Heck, I had much less power. Hopefully this year, jeremy could help me out and change the head gasket on my car so we can slap on the good ole Sc'd and then I'll be able to stay closer.. Why don't you post a pic of your 4 banger for everyone to see rob.
Old 03-24-09, 05:41 PM
Dressd2Kil
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a picture from last fall of my s2k. I have not done much to it since them.
Old 03-24-09, 08:13 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome Dressed2Kill. You should check in more often LOL. Updated the frist post with plans!
Old 03-24-09, 09:27 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Jeremy, I'm checking in with the hotel that we stayed at last year in Pigeon Forge. The rates that was booked at last august was $78/night which includes two queen size bed. I'll give them a call tommorow and see if they can give us a group rate. I'm only holding 5 rooms now since not alot of people have shown interest.
Old 03-25-09, 06:26 AM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Thats fine. I'm also going to look into some places. 5 rooms is fine. Get with me before you book the hotel. I lost $100 deposit last year for booking too many rooms and no one showed up.
Old 03-25-09, 07:56 AM
Dressd2Kil
Driver School Candidate

I maped out the sunday leg of the trip to give everyone a better idea of the route we are looking at.
Pigeon Forge to the "Triangle" to Robinsville

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...1,1.142578&z=9
Old 03-25-09, 08:15 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Arg, checked in with Krista (aka "the boss"). On that weekend we are already signed up for a track event at VIR with the Porsche club that she needs to attend in prep for her instructor certification.

Will still assist with promotion once you get things underway - just let me know how I can help.
Old 03-25-09, 11:17 AM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

I maped out the sunday leg of the trip to give everyone a better idea of the route we are looking at.

Looks like 4-5 hours for the whole loop. Not to bad. Only @ 45mins to get from Pigeon Forge to the Devils Triangle. What do you guy's think? Want to keep it in the plans or drop it and catch some other roads back in NC on the way home?

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Arg, checked in with Krista (aka "the boss"). On that weekend we are already signed up for a track event at VIR with the Porsche club that she needs to attend in prep for her instructor certification.

Will still assist with promotion once you get things underway - just let me know how I can help.
Two years in a row. Man I'm starting to think your avoiding us.
Old 03-25-09, 06:12 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Lol, not avoiding you - love this trip. Just that Krista's track "hobby" takes up a lot of weekends during the months when we go. And when I don't plan the event I can't pick the weekend to work around that schedule.

If you guys pick another weekend (and assuming she doesn't have another event - already three weekends in May are taken) we'd certainly try to come. I realize there are too many other people involved in the event and timing to make that a reasonable request though, so will roll the dice and take my chances on your picking a time that's good for you guys. Very glad you all are going up regardless!
Old 03-25-09, 07:51 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Lol, not avoiding you - love this trip. Just that Krista's track "hobby" takes up a lot of weekends during the months when we go. And when I don't plan the event I can't pick the weekend to work around that schedule.

If you guys pick another weekend (and assuming she doesn't have another event - already three weekends in May are taken) we'd certainly try to come. I realize there are too many other people involved in the event and timing to make that a reasonable request though, so will roll the dice and take my chances on your picking a time that's good for you guys. Very glad you all are going up regardless!
Haha.. Married life is great isn't it dave.. The wife comes first nowadays.. I'm glad that krista is getting the instructor certification as I know that she has provided me with alot of tips in years past to improve my driving. Since my first year attacking the dragon, I feel that I'm a better confident driver now. It sucks that I can barely find time to enjoy my passion for cars and driving as work is overwhelming me these days. I've asked for the weekend of May 24th off therefore, I might not be granted to take off for the trackside event in early may.
Old 03-25-09, 07:55 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Do you think that we can divert the route after the "Triangle" in Maryville to cross into the Great Smokey Mountain on our way back? I'm sure alot of people will enjoy the scenery and relax driving through the mountains. I've mapped it out on the link below.

Last edited by Alexus_300; 03-25-09 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-25-09, 07:58 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

I've got to tell you guys, the learning experience at a HPDE (as well as the hanging out time in the paddock) is a step up from the on-the-open-road driving events... I just wish I could convince you to come out to one to see for yourselves. I might give up on posting/promoting them after this one if no one signs up... kind of depressing honestly.

You lose the scenery part somewhat and the variety of the road, but you gain extreme speeds (130+mph) without fear of tickets, the safety of a closed course (safer both for yourself and others... dedicated EMTs and corner workers) and an in-car driving coach that will help you learn more about car control than you'll ever get out of driving it by yourself.

Having said that, would still come to this meet if schedule allowed! I'd still be in the safety car in the back though
Old 03-26-09, 04:49 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I might give up on posting/promoting them after this one if no one signs up... kind of depressing honestly.
Don't give up, I want to go to the next one If I wasnt already going to my honeymoon, I would go to this one. My father and I have talked about doing something like this together for a long time.
Old 04-03-09, 06:31 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

BUMP this SHET! This will probly be my only vaction this year so lets make it big!!!!
Old 04-03-09, 09:57 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

well hello . . . long time no see CL =D

I have a loot of catching up to do and Jeremy, I'M COMING NO MATTER WHAT!!!

Quick Reply: TAIL of the DRAGON 2009' Mandatory CL Event!