Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Anyone from tampa want to come and help me fix my car...

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-06, 07:03 AM
turbodude
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone from tampa want to come and help me fix my car...

I will surely return the favor, since i can tune ems's,, fabricate anything, and build 1000hp supras. but I need another sc300 here to see if i can determmine why my vehicle is not working, Please let me know. turbodude@gmail.com
Old 01-20-06, 08:54 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

theres a lot of us in Otown... what exactly is going on?
Old 01-21-06, 11:00 AM
turbodude
Rookie

well at first the car just wouldn't idle. so i bypassed the fuel pump ecu, to see if that would help per the searched i found. Then i cleaned the tb and iac, to see if that would help. Now the check engine light is always on, and the motor idles fine, but not it won't rev. past 4k. feels like its in some sort of safe mode. Like a tt supra would feel if it blew a knck sensor. For some reason i am not pulling any codes. it is all way weird. never had a problem similar to this in any car before and i don't have many parts to switch out, so troubleshooting is difficult.
Old 01-22-06, 03:18 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

thats wierd, if the check engine light is on, you should have no problem pulling the codes. we've seen this happen with a few 1J's.... usually followed by knocksensor codes coming up.... as you stated. is your SC stock or swapped?
Old 01-23-06, 09:36 PM
turbodude
Rookie

stock with a exhaust. and thats it
Old 01-24-06, 07:18 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

try replacing the fuel pump and filter... how many miles are on them? i would also check the O2 sensors since you changed the exhaust, but that would probably send a code. just throwing out some ideas... fuel is a good place to start. even though you ran 12 volts constant to the pump, it could still be running at less than what is needed. and its a prety cheap fix. let me know what happens. im sure a few of us will roll out to tampa to chill some time, so if nothing else, we can all put our heads together and swap some parts.
Old 01-25-06, 01:49 PM
turbodude
Rookie

changed the pump and filter a while back when i decided i was gonna swap the car. so i know its not that. Also checked the pressure its fine. Haven't checked o2's. I was also gonna check my catalytic converter.
Old 01-28-06, 06:03 AM
turbodude
Rookie

anyone willing to help, i will buy the beer and pizza. and also weld anything you want, if you have had any thing you needed.
Old 01-28-06, 09:03 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

ill see if anyone local has any ideas... as apparently no one else has checked this thread. maybe a few of us will head out there. i know im busy this weekend, and im not sure whats going on next weekend, but its a possibility.
Old 01-28-06, 10:51 AM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by turbodude
I will surely return the favor, since i can tune ems's,, fabricate anything, and build 1000hp supras. but I need another sc300 here to see if i can determmine why my vehicle is not working, Please let me know. turbodude@gmail.com
I'd be glad to help you fix your car, but I have a GS400... So I'm not TOO sure I would be of much help. But hey, my mechanic skills are up to snuff... but I think you have that part covered! Let me know if you still want the help!

Lexgs40099@aol.com
Old 01-28-06, 12:03 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

ok, i just got off the phone with a friend that had a very simmilar problem. he did absolutely everything that you did, and it didnt work. he put in a new fuel pressure regulator and not its perfect. so, i would have to say try that. if all else fails go back to the beginning and start looking for vaccume leaks, or anything else that looks out of place. im also trying to get a few guys together to roll out there tomorrow. keep me posted.
Old 01-28-06, 02:37 PM
turbodude
Rookie

hmmm, to get a fuel pressure regulator. Thanks for all the responses guys. i really appreciate it.
Old 01-28-06, 09:14 PM
turbodude
Rookie

if anyone could come down i would be so greatful. and would help them whenever they needed it.
Old 01-29-06, 01:44 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Hey, I feel ur pain. I also am a mechanic and would be willing to check it out.I think ur check engine light would deff. be on since u bypassed the fuel pump ecu. About not reving , that's a whole nother story. I'm in plant city bout 20 min from tampa. Maybe with 2 heads together we can figure it out. I don't need anything in return, just would be happy if we could figure out ur issue. 2 heads sometimes better than 1. If u want pm me and i'll make the trip.

Last edited by BLAZE; 01-29-06 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-30-06, 04:15 AM
turbodude
Rookie

pmed.... thanks again guys

Quick Reply: Anyone from tampa want to come and help me fix my car...