Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

"Search" feature could use some improvement-for examples,SEE THE REST OF THE INTERNET

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-19, 01:50 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default "Search" feature could use some improvement-for examples,SEE THE REST OF THE INTERNET

If I am in a forum, and I run the ''Search this Forum" option, and there are no results to display, I am thrown into another window that displays the message: "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."
That's good advice, but that window has no "search this forum" option on it - I have to return to the previous screen!
And I have to initiate the search using the "Search this Forum" drop-down box, again.
So I am two clicks away from getting back to a search!

And, to make matters worse, what I typed into the search box is gone.
So if I mistakenly typed in "aligment", I can't just add the "n" and search again. I gotta retype the whole thing.

Compare this to google.com or news.yahoo.com or cnet.com, or, basically, any other web page out there that has ever existed.
On almost any other web page I've ever encountered, if the search comes up empty, the search box is still there!
And the search terms you typed are still there, too!

Is this a limitation of vBulletin? If so, why haven't they listened to their customer's complaints? I can't be the first!
Or is this a configurable option on vBulletin, and ClubLexus / InternetBrands has chosen to not enable this feature, just to annoy everyone?
The following users liked this post:
DaveGS4 (04-23-19)
Old 04-23-19, 08:08 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Thanks for the productive and positively worded suggestion Perry! I'll pass it along.