Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Clublexus forum host discourtesy

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-19, 09:43 AM
YODAONE
Lexus Champion

Received 407 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Clublexus forum host discourtesy

Mobile technology is a great thing unless your technology wakes you up at 2:30 in the morning on account of inconsideracy of clublexus.com.

My device is on 24/7 should a real emergency exist.

ClubLexus, Please inform membership what can and will be done to prevent such unfortunate conduct....

See attached image...2.32 A.M.

in

Old 01-28-19, 12:44 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

This is something that you need to control on your own device and notification settings. ClubLexus is a large website owned by a huge company and there are members all over the world in all kinds of timezones. Its not reasonable to expect a website like this to be cognizant of when it sends out automated emails.

I would recommend to you that you turn email notifications off after a certain time if you don't want to be disturbed at night. I receive emails 24/7...
Old 01-28-19, 12:49 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

Hey, now you are going to get a update notification of this thread!
Old 01-28-19, 12:50 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

You can also adjust your settings here not to receive those emails. I don't have it set to send me emails.
Old 01-28-19, 01:10 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
This is something that you need to control on your own device and notification settings. ClubLexus is a large website owned by a huge company and there are members all over the world in all kinds of timezones. Its not reasonable to expect a website like this to be cognizant of when it sends out automated emails.

I would recommend to you that you turn email notifications off after a certain time if you don't want to be disturbed at night. I receive emails 24/7...
SW17LS has it spot on, this is all within your control to set up both on the forum and your personal device.

Here's where you set up the default notification under "Messaging & Notification"
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pro...do=editoptions

Here's where you set it up on the forum with subscriptions and notification
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sub...php?folderid=0

Not sure what your device is, but I'd also suggest you look into various night-time modes that suppress notifications except for those contacts you specify get through.