Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

What is going on in the marketplace

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-18, 09:58 AM
beer
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default What is going on in the marketplace

So it looks like CL switch to some sort of new market place?

I don't think its working as it should. I go to this page:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...classifieds-3/

and under the 1IS on the right hand side it says the most recent thread is an authentic HKS body kit. I click the 1IS classified link and it goes to the new style marketplace, but the HKS kit is nowhere to be found..

there are also only 18 links for the 1IS marketplace. when it was the old style, it was pages and pages of classified adds. so where have all the others gone?

finally, it looks like the filtering system is not working. I have IS300 filtered and im still getting this add:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/market/897386
it specifically states its for the IS250 in the add.

I actually like the new layout, but its a mess and it looks like a lot of the features are not working as they should. just thought I would chime in.
Old 09-18-18, 06:02 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by beer
So it looks like CL switch to some sort of new market place?

I don't think its working as it should. I go to this page:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...classifieds-3/

and under the 1IS on the right hand side it says the most recent thread is an authentic HKS body kit. I click the 1IS classified link and it goes to the new style marketplace, but the HKS kit is nowhere to be found..

there are also only 18 links for the 1IS marketplace. when it was the old style, it was pages and pages of classified adds. so where have all the others gone?

finally, it looks like the filtering system is not working. I have IS300 filtered and im still getting this add:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/market/897386
it specifically states its for the IS250 in the add.

I actually like the new layout, but its a mess and it looks like a lot of the features are not working as they should. just thought I would chime in.
Thanks - everything above is working as expected as far as I can tell. The new marketplace has been around a few months while the old ones were slowly being phased out (announcements up about it as well).

ALL old classified forum links (along the left hand side) to the 'old' forums now lead to the new marketplace.

If you were to click on the sale link for the last 1IS post "HKS body kit" on the right hand side it would take you to that thread you mention in the old classifieds - it is not in the new marketplace. You can get to old threads in the old classifieds using search; they'll stay around for a few more months for open sales to complete and then be archived. At that time anything currently for sale will need to be reposted in the new marketplace (and really should be reposted at this point). To find the old threads, use search - there is no way to browse them since they're being discontinued. Iif you're the thread starter and search by your posts, or search for specific keywords in advanced search, pointing to the old classified forums. The others are still there, but many of them were months or years old and no longer available for sale.

I tried filtering in the new marketplace for IS300 and didn't see the thread you link (screen shot below). Can you try again and take a screen snip if you see it, including your search criteria with the IS300 box checked like I have below?

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-18-18 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-20-18, 03:56 PM
beer
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4

If you were to click on the sale link for the last 1IS post "HKS body kit" on the right hand side it would take you to that thread you mention in the old classifieds - it is not in the new marketplace. You can get to old threads in the old classifieds using search;

I tried filtering in the new marketplace for IS300 and didn't see the thread you link (screen shot below). Can you try again and take a screen snip if you see it, including your search criteria with the IS300 box checked like I have below?
if you're going to roll out a new marketplace, why keep an old on up that we cant even access? I don't want to search for anything specific, I just want to see a list of everything that is for sale on CL for the IS300 chassis.

it looks like the filtering system is now working better. it was not working when I posted the thread.

thanks,
B
Old 09-20-18, 07:36 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by beer
if you're going to roll out a new marketplace, why keep an old on up that we cant even access? I don't want to search for anything specific, I just want to see a list of everything that is for sale on CL for the IS300 chassis.

it looks like the filtering system is now working better. it was not working when I posted the thread.

thanks,
B

If you see an issue in the future please take a screen snip to confirm what you are populating in your filter - that'll help track down any problems or identify what you might have clicked wrong to assist.

You can access the old forums via search to find your own sale threads and view other members sales threads using keywords (suggest searching for a general keyword like 'IS300' that will appear in most threads you are looking to browse, or better if you are more specific in what you are looking for).

While you might not have an active in-process sale to complete with buyers asking questions, other members do and we're giving them a chance to do that. There isn't a conversion of open sales to the new marketplace because there are many new individual fields that wouldn't be populated (that need to be) and also many sold items never get posted as sold. It'll be a bit awkward for a few months, but the new marketplace has some real advantages and once more history builds there, it'll be much better to browse than the old one.