Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Why was my thread title changed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-18, 09:52 AM
MedicalDoc
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Why was my thread title changed?

I started a new thread a couple of days ago.
Today, responding to a member, I noticed that the title had been changed. I wasn't asked or even notified.
Can somebody explain this? Why was this done?

Last edited by MedicalDoc; 09-15-18 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-15-18, 02:25 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Assuming I am reviewing the correct thread since you didn't give a link https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...o-do-next.html

Looks like a moderator edited it to make it more descriptive. Your previous title "Your opinion, and what to do next." did not give members any idea of the content or context of the thread.

Often times members will pick the threads they want to spend their time reading through the thread title. It's courteous to other members for the thread starter to give folks some basic idea of what the thread is about in the title.

We get dozens of threads each week with titles like "Help!" or "URGENT" that we try to change just like this one. This is not an instance where you should expect to be notified by a moderator of the updated title.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq..._rule_new_post
Creating New Posts
Members are free to post replies in any threads or create new posts in the forums. Always try to make meaningful and complete posts and try to select the appropriate forum. At times, moderators may move your post to another forum that is more suitable for the topic you have posted. Please try to use a descriptive title for your post, something like “Need Help!” is not useful and will cause many experienced members to skip your post.

Old 09-15-18, 02:40 PM
MedicalDoc
Lead Lap

DAVEGS4,
Thank you for your response. I appreciate it.
You are correct, sir. I should have included the name of the thread.
I named the thread the way I did to peak curiosity. It was not a one or two word title, and as evidenced by the responses I was getting, it had its intended purpose.
The new name given to my thread is not appropiate. Although I answered some wheel inquires and suggestions, I neither wanted or needed those; I was being polite to other fellow CL members who were kind to respond to my missive.
In my opinion this is an overreach of a moderator and to the very least, a PM should have been sent to me.
Old 09-15-18, 02:45 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Sorry, but I don't agree and the volunteer moderator team isn't staffed to spend time notifying folks of such minor changes. The onus is upon you, the thread starter, to put a more descriptive thread title on from the very start as in the rules linked above.

Baiting members in to read a thread with a generic title isn't fair to other members who might want to spend their time elsewhere, especially in a subforum dedicated to general car chat (not 2GS or wheels threads).

If you have a suggestion for something more descriptive you'd like it changed to I'll be glad to update it if you don't like what the moderator changed it to.
Old 09-15-18, 02:54 PM
MedicalDoc
Lead Lap

Not baiting, inviting curiosity. I can not control where a member clicks.
I thought about it and decided this was the best place.
In any case, it is a moot point.
Again, I thank you for your time.