Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Introducing Infinite Scroll

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-18, 10:46 AM
IB Jason
IB Staff

Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by DennisMik
I am getting the pop up window with all the forum names when I click on the forum jump button. Since I am usually in the RX forum, I have to scroll down to see that name. The forum name is highlighted in gray and when I click on it, the highlight will turn to blue and nothing else happens. It does not do the forum jump.

I am using a windows pc, running Windows XP using Google Chrome browser.
Just wanted to jump in and say thank you for the feedback. I'll share this with our tech team to get a fix implemented.

In the meantime, if you're used to using the Forum Jump to navigate back to the same forum's thread list, I suggest instead trying the breadcrumbs in our floating header. If you scroll up ever so slightly when reading a thread, a bar will drop down from the top that includes links back to the forum you were reading, as well as other menu options.
Old 03-19-18, 12:31 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

As others have said, while I appreciate efforts to improve the forum, I find the infinite scroll feature to be somewhat annoying. Thus, I was pleased to learn that it can be disabled.

Last edited by lesz; 03-19-18 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-22-18, 07:27 AM
Jacket
Intermediate

Received 135 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
As others have said, while I appreciate efforts to improve the forum, I find the infinite scroll feature to be somewhat annoying. Thus, I was pleased to learn that it can be disabled.
That's putting it politely. It's brutal. The window is constantly changing position, context seems to change continuously and with the "related thread" feature on the bottom of the page, it's nearly impossible to figure out where you are at any given time. It's too "noisy" of a user experience.
The following users liked this post:
Carfan94 (09-14-20)
Old 03-22-18, 07:33 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacket
That's putting it politely. It's brutal. The window is constantly changing position, context seems to change continuously and with the "related thread" feature on the bottom of the page, it's nearly impossible to figure out where you are at any given time. It's too "noisy" of a user experience.
Just to make sure folks know, the 'related thread' feature can also be disabled in the user control panel independent of the infinite scroll (the toggle is just below it)
Jacket (03-22-18)
Old 03-22-18, 12:34 PM
Superman60
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I like it, it's like anything else change takes time to get use to.
Old 03-29-18, 03:24 PM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason
Just wanted to jump in and say thank you for the feedback. I'll share this with our tech team to get a fix implemented.

In the meantime, if you're used to using the Forum Jump to navigate back to the same forum's thread list, I suggest instead trying the breadcrumbs in our floating header. If you scroll up ever so slightly when reading a thread, a bar will drop down from the top that includes links back to the forum you were reading, as well as other menu options.
The Scroll is an interesting idea. Problem I'm having is that quickly scrolling all the way down doesn't get me to the last post. For some reason, it gets me partway thru the feed. Have to scroll several times to get to last text. On a Mac (10.13) using Safari (11) so maybe that's a factor. LOL changing any website is always a gamble
Old 04-09-18, 01:42 PM
IB Jason
IB Staff

Originally Posted by tallcaguy
The Scroll is an interesting idea. Problem I'm having is that quickly scrolling all the way down doesn't get me to the last post. For some reason, it gets me partway thru the feed. Have to scroll several times to get to last text. On a Mac (10.13) using Safari (11) so maybe that's a factor. LOL changing any website is always a gamble
We have a couple ways to expedite that scrolling process. If you're in a thread you've read before, a "View First Unread" button should be visible in the header to move to where you last left off. Alternatively, you can use the pagination options in the bottom bar (on the right side) to jump to the last page of the thread. Both of these should significantly decrease the amount of scrolling you need to then do to reach the very last post.
Old 04-11-18, 08:38 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 543 Likes on 413 Posts

My problem was it scrolled into the different forum, i.e, I was in SC forum, and all of a sudden, I'm in a GS forum....
Carfan94 (09-14-20)
Old 04-11-18, 09:59 AM
IB Jason
IB Staff

Originally Posted by GmanSC
My problem was it scrolled into the different forum, i.e, I was in SC forum, and all of a sudden, I'm in a GS forum....
This is due to our Related Threads feature, which provides access to threads our software believes are relevant to what you're currently reading. We're working to fine-tune the algorithm, but if you prefer to simply not see these threads, you can turn them off via the "Disable Related Threads" setting on your User CP's Edit Options page.
Old 04-12-18, 08:17 PM
Tank
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Thanks for the improvements.
Old 04-13-18, 09:25 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

The new forum feature is a complete and utter disaster. The biggest fail I have ever seen. I honestly don't even want to visit the forum any more. Such a pain in the *** to even get through reading one thread.
I am on a dozen other forums, they all work flawlessly. This one is like trying to operate some program that a 3 year old designed.
Carfan94 (09-14-20)
Old 04-13-18, 09:26 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by GmanSC
Yup. Complete garbage. Does not look like it was tested at all. Or maybe by someone that was heavily intoxicated.
Carfan94 (09-14-20)
Old 04-14-18, 07:54 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Not a big fan of it myself, but make sure you guys complaining read the thread above to see you can simply turn it off
Old 04-14-18, 09:31 PM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

OP. Thanks for this upgrade. I very much like it. Site just feels modern now.
Old 04-21-18, 01:32 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

While it is nice that the infinite scroll feature can be disabled, it is too bad that it is only disabled when one is logged in to the site.

There are times when I have enjoyed coming here just to read posts and when I have no intention of posting. During those times, I also have no interest in having to bother to log in. So, for example, when I'm having my morning coffee and just looking to spend a few minutes browsing internet forums without posting myself, I'm finding that the infinite scroll feature and the equally annoying "ask a question" pop-up, which also can't be disabled unless I'm logged in, lead me to decide to do my browsing elsewhere on the internet, instead of visiting here. Thus not only does that mean that I'm not amusing myself by reading here, but it also means that CL is getting fewer hits.

Quick Reply: Introducing Infinite Scroll