Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

IF YOU JOIN THIS FORUM to sell a car, YOU CANT?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-13, 09:14 AM
makugx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IF YOU JOIN THIS FORUM to sell a car, YOU CANT?

Greetings

Just wanted to point out the dumb move where the forum doesnt allow you to sell LEXUS cars if you don't have enough priviliges as you sign up.

It's not like I signed up yesterday. It's been months. And I've posted before.

So what's the deal with this forum?
Old 07-26-13, 09:24 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 611 Likes on 459 Posts

You have 5 posts, counting this one. Not really an active member in the forums. I'm sure the rules are put in place to keep people from potentially being ripped off.
Old 07-26-13, 09:48 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

What Mike said is absolutely accurate.... CL doesn't exist simply to allow somebody to pop in, dump their sales and run. Our classifieds are meant solely as a benefit for our ACTIVE members. This is also a rule to prevent ripoffs based on several unfortunate past incidents.

You have to meet the 30 days membership / 30 posts or 5 posts and 6 months (which you have just now crossed) to sell in our classifieds.

Sorry if you think it's 'dumb' but these rules are in place for a good reason and based on real problems our members have encountered. If you don't like them, I invite you to sell your car somewhere else... CL certainly isn't the only place on the internet for that.
Old 07-26-13, 04:37 PM
makugx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey thanks for responding in such detail. AS well to Mike728.

I'd like to say, I now understand em and it makes sense up to a point.
I came up with a better system to avoid this problems but I'm currently working on getting the venture funded and started.

Thanks for the info and I guess I'm now going to go post in classifieds!

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
What Mike said is absolutely accurate.... CL doesn't exist simply to allow somebody to pop in, dump their sales and run. Our classifieds are meant solely as a benefit for our ACTIVE members. This is also a rule to prevent ripoffs based on several unfortunate past incidents.

You have to meet the 30 days membership / 30 posts or 5 posts and 6 months (which you have just now crossed) to sell in our classifieds.

Sorry if you think it's 'dumb' but these rules are in place for a good reason and based on real problems our members have encountered. If you don't like them, I invite you to sell your car somewhere else... CL certainly isn't the only place on the internet for that.