Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

My replica lip has a crack and I don't know who to blame

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-08, 06:05 PM
Lexo350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Authentic what? replica? i thought Seibon was a 'replica' company... i wouldnt put it at the same lvl as JP/Wald/Fab, not even close...

ok so its a replica also of ings but its a higher end replica then? so is that what you are saying? look at this thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=362899

this was a carbon fiber siebon kit painted black if I'm not mistaken, if you look at the pictures there are no gaps nor is there cracks. so you tell me if the kit that 2slow bought was a seibon kit "replica" high end "replica" then why does he not have the same quality as the one being sold on the thread I just pointed out? maybe seibon does not carry the same names to where they cost triple like ings or wald /fab etc.... but the point I am trying to make is that teh guy bought a kit that was told to him it was a "seibon" authentic not ings not fab not wald but seibon. so now you tell me. if he was told that he has a seibon kit then why is the quality different from other sebon kits. what I am trying to say is that my kit was a replica a "CHEAP A$$" "REPLICA" but if I compare my kit to his kit it is totally the same meaning he did not get a seibon kit...
Old 08-13-08, 06:06 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

damn man, that sucks. im with everyone else when they say its EXACT's fault.
Old 08-13-08, 06:07 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They should change the name "Exact" to something else. They should have at least called you first when they found out that they can't fit it right.
Old 08-13-08, 06:12 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

F.Y.I: Exact motorsports is a Clublexus vendor.....
Old 08-13-08, 06:29 PM
Lexo350
Pole Position

I'm telling you guys its not Exact motorsports fault, like I said granted yes that they should have called to let him know but from looking at the pics it is exactly like mine when I had it, the gap and the crack. look at my previous post and go check out that thread and see for your self. that kit is a seibon kit and if 2slow's kit is a seibon then that quality and fittment should be like that one.

and you know what I believe the reason they did not call him is because it cracked right after they put it on because the kit had to give because it is not a perfect fitment just like how mine craced it happened right after I put it on.

Last edited by Lexo350; 08-13-08 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-13-08, 07:42 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2slow
I come back and the first thing i notice is this big crack!!!!
so he didnt tell you about the crack? was he hoping you didnt notice? or you saw the car first?

I ask John why there's a crack and he said that the lip didn't fit and he had to trim some of it off the rear deflector and it still didn't fit so it cracks. There are also many small cracks in the paint and a minor scuff near the big crack. He told me that he didn't want to put it in but he put it in anyways. John didn't inform me that the lip didn't fit nor did he ask for permission to put it on afterwards.
should have just gave up instead of trying to force it.

I was going to have them do my wheels but they told me they had to drill my rims to get the tpms fit. which is a bit wierd
Old 08-13-08, 08:03 PM
fluxx
Lead Lap

couldnt be that since the kit was forced on that causes the kit to fit incorrectly. therefore in one of the pictures theres alot of stretch to make it to the end causing a pull on one end. so of course there is going to be a gap when you stretch someting over a curved area. if you pull something tighter than it should be. the material will be straight and wont flow along the bumper like it should...
Old 08-13-08, 10:40 PM
illmike
Lead Lap

Lexo, the Seibon lip kit fits PERFECTLY...like a GLOVE.

I was just like you, i tried installing it myself and the kit almost cracked on me, i can hear it starting to give...and i didnt want to force it in because i knew the ends would split if i did...I thought the kit was just a ****ty fitment...

BUT...i took it to M1 to install for me instead. when i got my car back, the kit fitted PERFECTLY. it had 0 gaps and looked very clean, there were also no cracks.

I installed lip kits before and after trying to install the Seibon one myself it wasnt a DIY install. it takes a PROFESSIONAL body shop like M1 to get it installed right. The problem is Exact did not have any experience installing this type of lip kit. Therefore they thought it had to be force fitted in.
Old 08-13-08, 10:42 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wolverine
so he didnt tell you about the crack? was he hoping you didnt notice? or you saw the car first?

should have just gave up instead of trying to force it.

I was going to have them do my wheels but they told me they had to drill my rims to get the tpms fit. which is a bit wierd
They didn't even tell me when they called to tell me my car was ready. I walked up to my car and the first thing i noticed was the crack.

As of right now i don't know what to do. That's why i want some of the fellow CL members from Norcal to lend me their car to try to fit the lip on another 2is. If the lip can fit perfectly on another 2IS we'll take pictures and will have plenty of witnesses. We'll even try to fit the lip again on my car. I just need to find out who's right and who's wrong.

Anyone want to volunteer?
Old 08-13-08, 10:44 PM
illmike
Lead Lap

2slow...why dont you just have m1 install the lip kit for you? I can name 4 cars they installed the same lip kit on.
Old 08-13-08, 10:46 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

I would of. I live in San Francisco, and there are s***ty body shops here. Exactmotor sports was recommended from the norcal section.
Old 08-13-08, 10:46 PM
illmike
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2slow
They didn't even tell me when they called to tell me my car was ready. I walked up to my car and the first thing i noticed was the crack.

As of right now i don't know what to do. That's why i want some of the fellow CL members from Norcal to lend me their car to try to fit the lip on another 2is. If the lip can fit perfectly on another 2IS we'll take pictures and will have plenty of witnesses. We'll even try to fit the lip again on my car. I just need to find out who's right and who's wrong.

Anyone want to volunteer?
dont try to test fit the lip kit on yourself. trust me...you WONT be able to get it to fit right. the kit fits PERFECTLY just takes a GOOD bodyshop to install it.
Old 08-13-08, 10:47 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Yeah, it is exacts fault... I do not get why they tried to jam it on... now I am skeptical to take my car there anymore...
Old 08-13-08, 10:50 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by illmike
dont try to test fit the lip kit on yourself. trust me...you WONT be able to get it to fit right. the kit fits PERFECTLY just takes a GOOD bodyshop to install it.
Yeah. I'm going to have a body shop install the lip on another 2IS, and then my car again. I would never try to install it myself.
Old 08-13-08, 10:54 PM
illmike
Lead Lap

dont just take it to any bodyshop. find members on here who have the same lip kit and take it to where they got it installed....you NEED to take it to a bodyshop who has installed this SAME lip kit before. ANY bodyshops can install lip kits, but this kit is really tricky because it fits very perfect and tight. If you take it to a shop who has not installed this kit before, they will come out with the same results as Exact.