Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Vendors - where did they go?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-06, 06:59 PM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vendors - where did they go?

Hey all,

I was curious were all the CL vendors went. I've only been on CL for under a year, but I remember there used to be a lot more of them with various group buys and cool products. It seems like now we have a few major ones (Carson, D2, etc) and no more little companies. Nothing against the big guys (I appreciate all that you do for CL), but as a small business owner I would like to support other small business owners.

Am I crazy or has there been a shift in the vendor category?

4GRAINR
Old 07-24-06, 07:04 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Not my area of CL, but you are generally correct. CL has consistently been in the red for years and had to raise our advertising rates last year and focus on larger vendors. Simple matter of survival that as a small business owner you can appreciated as well.

We've also found the larger vendors in general have a better ability to make broader purchases for our members and support / back things up when something goes wrong.
Old 07-26-06, 04:30 PM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Not my area of CL, but you are generally correct. CL has consistently been in the red for years and had to raise our advertising rates last year and focus on larger vendors. Simple matter of survival that as a small business owner you can appreciated as well.

We've also found the larger vendors in general have a better ability to make broader purchases for our members and support / back things up when something goes wrong.
Dave,

Thanks for the information. I definitely understand the economics of moving to larger companies and trying to generate some more $$$ for CL. Has CL ever thought about partnerships with automotive magazines or other media types? I have flipped through a couple different mags (D Sport, Import Tuner, etc) and seen forums or forum members' cars featured. This might generate some PR for CL and in turn generate some $$. I'm also curious what CL's goal or purpose is. I know it's the best resource out there for Lexus owners and fans. The articles and information is incredible. All in all, I'm very pleased and happy to be part of the family. However, is the vendor/ad section designed to cover cost or turn profit? Maybe in some respects it is none of my business, and if that's the case, I totally respect that.

Has there ever been thought to braching out to different industries with respect to vendors? I could see a lot of pros/cons to this one, but I figured I would throw out the question. I would like to think that many companies would be interested in CL because of the target demographic. Granted, it is clear the demographic on here is across the board. We just happen to all own a Lexus or love them.

Anyway, time to get back to work so I can give more money to TM, D2 or some family member in the classifieds.

Over and out.
Old 07-26-06, 09:52 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Smile

Thank you for your thoughts 4GRAINR and Dave for answering. It's true Club Lexus has never made money. We want to continue offering a free membership website while covering the costs to upgrade the system. Add to that no moderators get paid to here, we can't even afford to get them thank you gifts. They are an amazing group of individuals.

For a current list of vendors please check here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=211117

And for a list of vendors I'm interested in adding please check here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=224208

Out of respect for Carson Toyota, TM Engineering, and D2 Autosport I'm not interested in any more parts or wheel companies. Those three guys do a great job already with great prices, products and customer service.

While Club Lexus cannot be legally held responsible for any issues a member may have with a vendor during business transactions, we are very selective with whom we associate our name with. All of our current vendors are top notch people and that is very important to me.
Old 07-27-06, 09:56 AM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Add to that no moderators get paid to here, we can't even afford to get them thank you gifts. They are an amazing group of individuals.:

Liz .... what are you talking about i have sent you many many many flowers and have sent you mannnnny money....... what are sugar daddy's for......
and i allways do those NUDE photo shooots for you when u send me to them
Old 07-27-06, 12:47 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by nyARISTO
Liz .... what are you talking about i have sent you many many many flowers and have sent you mannnnny money....... what are sugar daddy's for......
and i allways do those NUDE photo shooots for you when u send me to them
Yes but those things you send to me have nothing to do with CL. Where's my pictures today btw?
Old 07-27-06, 01:00 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

LOL.......... hahahahaha i got no tan lines......... hahahahaaahahahahah
but here's for you Liz

Last edited by nyARISTO; 07-27-06 at 01:04 PM.