Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Any thoughts on Lex Fest planning yet?

Old 01-12-06, 09:13 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Any thoughts on Lex Fest planning yet?

Didn't want to make multiple posts in the regional forums but I did want to know if we had anything in the works for the 2nd anual Lex Fest. I know its really early but last year we waited so long it was hard for people to plan ahead and come from far away regions for that weekend...If we can lock down a date and location early we might have a much bigger turn out. Any thoughts about this year yet Dave, or where we might have it this year? Am I jumping the gun in the middle of January
Old 01-12-06, 09:24 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
Didn't want to make multiple posts in the regional forums but I did want to know if we had anything in the works for the 2nd anual Lex Fest. I know its really early but last year we waited so long it was hard for people to plan ahead and come from far away regions for that weekend...If we can lock down a date and location early we might have a much bigger turn out. Any thoughts about this year yet Dave, or where we might have it this year? Am I jumping the gun in the middle of January

Nope prelim planning already underway and working to pick the date with Team Lexus A. They just published their schedule a couple of weeks ago and are waiting for a couple more details.

Will most likely be in Atlanta this year at the Road Atlanta raceway. Don't shoot me if it changes, just what our initial target is. Plus some special ideas we're trying to work out that you'll have to wait to hear about for a while
Old 01-12-06, 09:31 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Nope prelim planning already underway and working to pick the date with Team Lexus A. They just published their schedule a couple of weeks ago and are waiting for a couple more details.

Will most likely be in Atlanta this year at the Road Atlanta raceway. Don't shoot me if it changes, just what our initial target is. Plus some special ideas we're trying to work out that you'll have to wait to hear about for a while
Wow that is Great News and if its in ATL it would really help the southern guys who couldn't come out last year but we might lose a lot of the North East guys no? I know its a lot of hard work and we can't please everyone. Its just good to know we are already talking about it. By the way I am coming this year, I know i'm talking like I was there last year
Old 01-12-06, 09:50 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
Wow that is Great News and if its in ATL it would really help the southern guys who couldn't come out last year but we might lose a lot of the North East guys no? I know its a lot of hard work and we can't please everyone. Its just good to know we are already talking about it. By the way I am coming this year, I know i'm talking like I was there last year
Correct. Hopefully we can make it interesting enough that some of the hard core northern enthusiasts will caravan down And I'm sure we'll have a big crowd of the FL crew.

It's always been the plan to alternate Lexfest north and south so we can get exposure to both top and bottom.... design is to keep making the meet bigger and better every year so its worth the extended trip every other year.
Old 01-12-06, 10:07 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct. Hopefully we can make it interesting enough that some of the hard core northern enthusiasts will caravan down And I'm sure we'll have a big crowd of the FL crew.

It's always been the plan to alternate Lexfest north and south so we can get exposure to both top and bottom.... design is to keep making the meet bigger and better every year so its worth the extended trip every other year.
Or every year for those crazy *****... See ya'll in Hotlanta!
Old 01-13-06, 04:18 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

dave and adrian

if this is atlanta this time , i gurantee the south florida crew will be there.. although i did not drive up for atlanta nopi ,(hell i fly free so i flew) i give my word as long as my car is alive ,me and the fellows will make the trip.. no excuses this time about work and stuff for i am now off on weekends (praise god) so lets get this date rollin
Old 01-13-06, 04:27 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am looking forward to Lex Fest this year after having missed it last year with it just a short drive away last year. I tore the front fender on my car like a week before Lex Fest and my car was in the shop. But since I am moving to Birmingham in May Lex Fest will once again be a short drive away. I plan on being there so I can drool on your machines.
Old 01-13-06, 04:55 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Hmmmmmmmm a caravan would be nice everyone from CT NY NJ and above will have to pass through MD anyway.
Old 01-13-06, 03:29 PM
LexFather

Yes, please, come to 1SICKLEX in Atlanta.....You will be taken care of....

I got my fingers crossed, I know Dave is trying to get things finalized so we can get this ball rolling. I got the girls on standby

If its here, YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS IT!!!!

SELOC is based outta Atlanta too, so we have a strong core here already. I've driven from NY to ATL only 14hrs if your slow
Old 01-13-06, 03:40 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Is there or was there ever a NELOC????
Old 01-13-06, 05:24 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by cherplex
Is there or was there ever a NELOC????
Well we have a very, very slow and small chapter in Maryland but we still call it SELOC, lol
Old 01-13-06, 05:33 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Well we have a very, very slow and small chapter in Maryland but we still call it SELOC, lol

Gimme some info maybe I can help get the ball rollin.
Old 01-13-06, 08:13 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

man, glad i checked this subforum today. i was beginning to wonder when the lexfest planning would begin! i'm anxious to start discussing ideas and such, and i'm going to organize a big NE carvan down south. i've already talked to quite a few members and we're all planning to make the trip down. hopefully it won't interfere with my wedding (we're shooting for august 6th right now, in a few days that'll most likely be set). if it does, well i'll be really sad but i'll still help plan! otherwise, you can bet karen and i will be there along with the NE crew.

dave, feel free to PM me for anything or just keep me posted...
Old 01-13-06, 08:14 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cherplex
Gimme some info maybe I can help get the ball rollin.
i'll be a NELOC! PA isn't really "south".
Old 01-13-06, 08:19 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

hey maybe we can get a subforum like the chicago lexus club. NELOC so that way we can organize the caravan better and plan other events

Search this Thread