LC Model (2018-present)

Are rear seats sufficient for baby seat?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-19, 10:50 AM
danibear
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Are rear seats sufficient for baby seat?

I am 32, my wife is 31. We don’t have a baby for now, but in the next close years, we will probably have one (or two)...
My only concern is there sufficient space in the rear seats to install a baby seat?

My wife has a SUV, so if I buy a LC500, I need at least to be able to carry our future little one(s). So that I can deal with day care baby sitting transportation as well. Need to be fair to the wife...... you know....or I will have to consider MB E450 coupe...never considered BMW any more after real 640/650 coupe are gone....

I don’t need full rear seats for adults.

Thank you you so much, guys.
Old 07-15-19, 10:57 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

https://www.lc500forum.com/forum/3-2...-friendly.html

Lou
The following users liked this post:
danibear (07-15-19)
Old 07-15-19, 11:22 AM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by danibear
I am 32, my wife is 31.... Need to be fair to the wife...... you know....
Thank you you so much, guys.
In my opinion, if you plan on having your wife AND child in the car, you would not be being “fair”. Unless you let her drive.
Old 07-15-19, 11:38 AM
danibear
Pit Crew

Thank you so much for the ultra quick and helpful info. This is a deal break for me. Sad, I will be forced to consider E450 coupe or Audi A7.
Old 07-15-19, 11:40 AM
danibear
Pit Crew

Come on, Lexus...... not happy...
Old 07-15-19, 12:18 PM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 312 Likes on 180 Posts

How about BMW M850i? That one's a bit of a beast, with a little more space - also a little more expensive...
Old 07-15-19, 01:23 PM
danibear
Pit Crew

Too expensive, we are also considering a bigger house in the coming 2-3 years, so I guess my max on the new car is around 85k.

Personally not a big fan of BMW, my father’s friends BMWs.....er....didn’t leave me good impression....also, check the extended warranty cost should tell you the BMW aftermath cost. Not wise to me. I am not a billionaire any way.

Just my own thoughts, could be wrong, of course.
Old 07-15-19, 03:39 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

A7 is a fantastic choice. My A8L was a lovely vehicle. Unfortunately someone took her out with a minivan. Maintainance will be more expensive but Audi has come a long way. Lower mileage cpo is the best bang for the buck in my opinion. The S7 is something else...

Last edited by Lavrishevo; 07-15-19 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-15-19, 03:53 PM
danibear
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
A7 is a fantastic choice. My A8L was a lovely vehicle. Unfortunately someone took her out with a minivan. Maintainance will be more expensive but Audi has come a long way. Lower mileage cpo is the best bang for the buck in my opinion. The S7 is something else...
Hey, thanks. Tell me more about your Audi experience, I heard Audi reliability is even poor than BMW, and engine drinks oil....

i definitely like Audi exterior design, especially A7. But the fake plastics meshes turn me down a little. I know Benz E450 has fake meshes too, but to my eyes in the dealership, not too bad, hides well.

Painful, LC500 was my perfect choice a few hours ago....
Old 07-15-19, 03:59 PM
DRGibbons
Advanced

Received 465 Likes on 249 Posts

I say ditch the kid and buy the LC. You can always make another sometime later!

Old 07-15-19, 04:30 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by danibear
Hey, thanks. Tell me more about your Audi experience, I heard Audi reliability is even poor than BMW, and engine drinks oil....

i definitely like Audi exterior design, especially A7. But the fake plastics meshes turn me down a little. I know Benz E450 has fake meshes too, but to my eyes in the dealership, not too bad, hides well.

Painful, LC500 was my perfect choice a few hours ago....
Consumer reports gives them rather high quality ratings. Better than BMW and Mercedes. Oil consumption was an issue for certain 4 cylinder engines in the A4. The 6 and 8's did not suffer from this in my experience. They are complicated and arguably over engineered cars but a blast to drive. I had the supercharged V6 in my A8 and it is a great engine. The twin turbo V8 is a monster. Overall, I was very happy with the experience. I had a 2014 cpo and had some minor issues fixed. Nothing that caused to the car to break down or anything. Motor mount, trunk motor started acting up, and a suspension sensor. Always a nice loaner and excellent customer service. They are just very expensive to fix out of warranty. Nothing felt cheap in the 8 series. Fit and finish is fantastic.

Last edited by Lavrishevo; 07-15-19 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-15-19, 04:39 PM
danibear
Pit Crew

Consumer reports gives them rather high quality ratings. Better than BMW and Mercedes. Oil consumption was an issue for certain 4 cylinder engines in the A4. The 6 and 8's did not suffer from this in my experience. They are complicated and arguably over engineered cars but a blast to drive. I had the supercharged V6 in my A8 and it is a great engine. The twin turbo V8 is a monster. Overall, I was very happy with the experience. I had a 2014 cpo and had some minor issues fixed. Nothing that caused to the car to break down or anything. Motor mount, trunk motor started acting up, and a suspension sensor. Always a nice loaner and excellent customer service. They are just very expensive to fix out of warranty. Nothing felt cheap in the 8 series. Fit and finish is fantastic.
Thanks! Great news to me. I am more into A7 now.
Old 07-15-19, 04:47 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

If you buy new just make sure to break it properly and change the first oil after about 1000 miles. Audi and all these German cars will claim 10k miles intervals. Trust me you want to be closer to 5k - 6k OCI. The turbo engines are hard on oil even though it's full synthetic.
Old 07-15-19, 04:58 PM
danibear
Pit Crew

If you buy new just make sure to break it properly and change the first oil after about 1000 miles. Audi and all these German cars will claim 10k miles intervals. Trust me you want to be closer to 5k - 6k OCI. The turbo engines are hard on oil even though it's full synthetic.
Thank you for the tip, sir. My father always say new cars require frequent oil change in the first 2 years, like 2000-3000 miles intervals. Nowadays, all new cars shows 10,000 miles first oil change. When I asked the dealership to do oil change for my wife’s GC suv at 3500 miles, the dealership tend to defer that. Why they doing this, don’t Understand.

Yes, I am pretty cool with frequent oil change for new cars.
Old 07-15-19, 05:04 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

It really depends on the type engine with how frequent you should change the oil. Forced induction such a turbo and supercharged engine are always harder on the oil. Naturally aspired lower outout V8 like in my SC and LS430 you can do 7500 miles on a good synthetic no problem. Never hurts to change it early as well.

The first oil change is to get out the excess metal in the oil from the engine breaking in process. This applies to any car. That is why I recommend it so early. From then on its pretty normal.

Quick Reply: Are rear seats sufficient for baby seat?