GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

DCTMS feedback so far based on my experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-19, 01:18 PM
Amuse350z
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default DCTMS feedback so far based on my experience

So I pulled a trigger on a custom CF @DCTMS Wheels + **** for my 2015 F Sport on May 10th.

Deposited the funds to them on the same day to get the order initiated. I've been dealing with Ivan from DCTMS. He was pretty good in communication until I paid the funds, to basically ignoring emails. He said the whole process until I receive in my hands would be 5 weeks. Sure, no problem.
  1. Followed up on 5/28 to see how it was coming along and seeing if I could get any pics. No response.
  2. Followed up on 6/23 with few additional questions and asked for an update. No response.
  3. Called them on 6/24 (this is well over 5 weeks) and Ivan picked up. I asked for progress and seeing how much longer it would take, and asked bunch of other questions. He did not answer any of them but said that the product should be finished and should be shipped back to them. Then I would need to pay the remaining balance, and they will ship the item to me. He said he will send me pictures, so I said good.
  4. Received pictures on 6/25 via email. He included a wheel that was not particularly mine + additional CF Middle piece (then said that is just for pictures and not mine)... Also included 3 CF *****, that were all different in height. WTF?
  5. Replied back on 6/24 - asking questions, how much it would be additional for me get the middle CF piece. Also asked about why those 3 CF heights were different and if I had a choice of picking one. No response.
  6. Followed up on 6/26 - asked for status update. No response
  7. Followed up on 7/1 - asked for update. No response
  8. Followed up today (7/8) - asked for update.

I'm sure i will not receive any response. I'm going to give them until Weds 7/10 before I file a claim with PayPal. I even emailed one of the CL vendor member from DCTMS and that has also gone ignored. This type of customer service is just horrid and I will not spend my money on them.

Sorry, just wanted to vent!!! Go with someone else if you can.

Last edited by Amuse350z; 07-08-19 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-08-19, 02:02 PM
jdpdata
Instructor

Received 444 Likes on 305 Posts

I had similar bad experience with Josh. He was very responsive until I placed order. Then weeks went by without any responses. I ordered on 10/30 didn't receive it until after Christmas. So more than 8 weeks for me. Ivan, however was great. Shipped immediately once I got a hold of him on the phone. Not sure what is their problems with responding to customers. Horrible service indeed, but I'm very happy with the product. I would have tried Elvin on IG instead if I knew about him back then. He's more expensive but top notch quality and customer service.
The following 2 users liked this post by jdpdata:
Amuse350z (07-08-19), NickMayer (07-10-19)
Old 07-08-19, 02:38 PM
eddie420

Received 610 Likes on 439 Posts

Same here. I initially thought he was great with my GS350 steering wheel. Then long stretches of quiet, all in all it took about 6 weeks or so to get it from him.

Then I bought a BMW 535xi steering wheel. Guess I did not learn my lesson. Same quiet and lack of response.

I was recently going to buy a new wheel for my RX but this time I decided to pass on DCTMS. Horrible customer service.

You are better off talking to Elven. Great guy who just wants to do good work and will give great prices. I should have gone to him earlier. https://www.instagram.com/elvin_6188/
The following 2 users liked this post by eddie420:
Amuse350z (07-08-19), NickMayer (07-10-19)
Old 07-08-19, 02:58 PM
Amuse350z
Driver

Lol... what do ya know.. as soon as I post this up, they sent me the core deposit money request. LOL.. Now I'm really trying trying to convince myself if I want to spend money on these guys who dont give a fk about customer service. Oh well. I might as well let it kill some time and sleep on it now. Ran outta patience on these guys.

Last edited by Amuse350z; 07-08-19 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-08-19, 05:26 PM
chinee
Racer

Received 938 Likes on 575 Posts

Like a hot potato... Drop 'em!

I have absolutely no patience for bad service. You're not doing me a favor, or giving me something free.
The following 2 users liked this post by chinee:
Amuse350z (07-09-19), NickMayer (07-10-19)
Old 07-10-19, 01:45 PM
NickMayer
Advanced

Received 161 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Amuse350z
Lol... what do ya know.. as soon as I post this up, they sent me the core deposit money request. LOL.. Now I'm really trying trying to convince myself if I want to spend money on these guys who dont give a fk about customer service. Oh well. I might as well let it kill some time and sleep on it now. Ran outta patience on these guys.
I'll +3 going with Elvin, even now if you can. There is something to be said for getting great customer service. I don't think I've ever waiting longer than 10minutes for him to respond to *any* comment on Instagram, much less a PM.

I just did a shift ****, but I wish I had known about him before I did side mirror covers and spoiler. Again, his are more expensive (i went custom tuning on amazon) but the quality is top notch.

Still chomping on the bit for steering wheel. I wouldn't be comfortable spending money and getting no responses.

Last edited by NickMayer; 07-11-19 at 01:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
NebulaGrey (07-10-19)
Old 07-11-19, 12:23 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Nick what year is ur GS?
Old 07-11-19, 01:00 PM
NickMayer
Advanced

Received 161 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Nick what year is ur GS?
I have a non-F sport, 2015
Old 07-13-19, 10:50 AM
kbot415
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I actually received my steering wheel from DCTMS recently and can comment on this. I would have to agree that communication is not Ivan's forte, but I can assure everyone that he runs a legitimate business. I am in a unique situation in that I live in the bay area and actually visited Ivan's shop in Santa Clara and personally met the guy. He's pretty cool and a genuine auto enthusiast.

That said, his manufacturer is in China or Taiwan and he does let you know upfront that the lead time is approximately 4 weeks. I placed a deposit and there was nothing left to do but wait.

I got a significant discount for paying cash and turning over my core to Ivan, but I couldn't be happier with the product, it's gorgeous! Attached is a picture of my wheel directly from his Instagram feed.

DCTMS has some stock available to sell right away, but if you want to customize, you're going to have to wait. To be fair, if you place a customized order to elvin today, I'm sure you'd have to wait a few weeks as well.

I was able to choose the wheel shape, leather color, leather type (perforated, smooth, alcantara, etc), stitch color, and stitch pattern to my liking and Ivan did not disappoint.

I'm not defending Ivan's responsiveness, lord knows that he needs to work on that. But I can say that his pricing and product is excellent.

jdpdata (07-13-19)
Old 07-13-19, 11:41 AM
jdpdata
Instructor

Received 444 Likes on 305 Posts

The wait is given, I don't mind waiting for 5-8 weeks for production in China. But lack of responses after a dozen emails sent is inexcusable. From what I hear, Elvin response time is very good. He is more expensive, but I'd rather pay more for better service and a higher quality product. That being said, I still like my DCTMS stuff. They just gave me a horrible experience that I can't recommend them for anyone else going forward.
Amuse350z (07-15-19)
Old 07-13-19, 03:32 PM
eddie420

Received 610 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by kbot415
I actually received my steering wheel from DCTMS recently and can comment on this. I would have to agree that communication is not Ivan's forte, but I can assure everyone that he runs a legitimate business. I am in a unique situation in that I live in the bay area and actually visited Ivan's shop in Santa Clara and personally met the guy. He's pretty cool and a genuine auto enthusiast.

That said, his manufacturer is in China or Taiwan and he does let you know upfront that the lead time is approximately 4 weeks. I placed a deposit and there was nothing left to do but wait.

I got a significant discount for paying cash and turning over my core to Ivan, but I couldn't be happier with the product, it's gorgeous! Attached is a picture of my wheel directly from his Instagram feed.

DCTMS has some stock available to sell right away, but if you want to customize, you're going to have to wait. To be fair, if you place a customized order to elvin today, I'm sure you'd have to wait a few weeks as well.

I was able to choose the wheel shape, leather color, leather type (perforated, smooth, alcantara, etc), stitch color, and stitch pattern to my liking and Ivan did not disappoint.

I'm not defending Ivan's responsiveness, lord knows that he needs to work on that. But I can say that his pricing and product is excellent.
Ivan and Josh are both fine people but their customer service is horrible. Elvin's prices are reasonable and his response times are out of this world. I talk to him all hours of the day and he will tell you "I am going to sleep now. Send me message, I reply as soon as I wake." I'd much rather deal with a personable guy than one that does not respond for weeks at a time. DCTMS products are great, but the service is bad so...
The following 2 users liked this post by eddie420:
Amuse350z (07-15-19), NickMayer (07-16-19)
Old 07-15-19, 06:07 AM
Amuse350z
Driver

Originally Posted by eddie420
Ivan and Josh are both fine people but their customer service is horrible. Elvin's prices are reasonable and his response times are out of this world. I talk to him all hours of the day and he will tell you "I am going to sleep now. Send me message, I reply as soon as I wake." I'd much rather deal with a personable guy than one that does not respond for weeks at a time. DCTMS products are great, but the service is bad so...
I couldn't agree more. Also, don't tell the customers it's 5 weeks turn around time when it's not. If they told me from the get go it will be 8-10 weeks, would've been much better and I would have respected that timeline. But if you tell me 5 weeks, then go MIA on me, it's a problem.

I'm just not a fan of people promising me something that they cannot keep. From what I can tell, DCTMS subcontract these out elsewhere to get it back to them, then ship the item back to you.

Anyways, I went ahead and paid and they shipped it the next day. I don't doubt the work will be good but had I known before, I would've gone with Elvin.

I will update once I receive my wheel/****. Hope to get them this week.
Old 07-15-19, 01:11 PM
CaptRog21
Pole Position

Received 100 Likes on 54 Posts

Sucks to see DCTMS struggle so hard. I ordered my wheel and **** over the Chinese New Year so that didn't help my wait time but Ivan was always acceptable quick with response time, usually within a day or so. As for the quality, no argument there. Top notch. However, I am thinking about now getting a rear CF spoiler and CF side mirrors from Ivan.
Old 07-15-19, 05:14 PM
Amuse350z
Driver

So i received the parts. Nice work indeed at initial sighting. Then i came to notice a crack in the rear piece, as well as some gap on the f sport logo on the wheel, located bottom left side. I sent the pics over to Ivan. I’ll see what they say.

Yes. No big deal and i won’t see it once installed but for the price, i didn’t expect to receive a cracked piece.... i wouldn’t consider a top notch quality with a cracked plastic piece. They need better QC or just not accept these types of returned cores.

Last edited by Amuse350z; 07-15-19 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-15-19, 05:26 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by Amuse350z

So i received the parts. Nice work indeed at initial sighting. Then i came to notice a crack in the rear piece, as well as some gap on the f sport logo on the wheel, located bottom left side. I sent the pics over to Ivan. I’ll see what they say.

Yes. No big deal and i won’t see it once installed but for the price, i didn’t expect to receive a cracked piece.... i wouldn’t consider a top notch quality with a cracked plastic piece. They need better QC or just not accept these types of returned cores.
The gap around the f-sport logo looks horrible. I'd expect an exchange for a non defective one.
The following 2 users liked this post by peasodos:
Amuse350z (07-15-19), thisguy_06 (07-16-19)

Quick Reply: DCTMS feedback so far based on my experience