LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Headrest DVD help

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-19, 10:48 AM
gvitalik
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headrest DVD help

Hi All,

I have a rear headrest dealer installed dual DVD system. I can't figure out how to have audio from 2 DVDs . It only plays whatever audio comes on a radio frequency. When I play 2 different DVDs and plug 2 headphones into rear audio controls and turn the power on with the DVD radio frequency on, it plays same audio as on the radio through the headphones. I'm wondering what do I need to do to make it, so I can have 2 distinct audios playing via headphones and allow me to listen to something else on the main audio unit.

Old 05-20-19, 03:50 PM
mncz
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This forum is pretty quiet. Usually Hankind is the only one to take time to respond with an answer.

Honestly, I have no clue. Same dual DVD setup in my 2005. The only audio we get is from headphone jacks in the DVD players. Never tried the factory rear radio jacks, but I just assume they only play the usual audio sources. I've dug into the cable routing of these DVD players, and never noticed them tied into the aux stereo jack shown above. A couple lines run north, just inside the console, I believe for power. Had an issue with no power, followed the cords, and did some repair on the cords near the shift gate.
The following users liked this post:
hankinid (05-20-19)
Old 05-20-19, 07:50 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 425 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by mncz
This forum is pretty quiet. Usually Hankind is the only one to take time to respond with an answer.

Honestly, I have no clue. Same dual DVD setup in my 2005. The only audio we get is from headphone jacks in the DVD players. Never tried the factory rear radio jacks, but I just assume they only play the usual audio sources. I've dug into the cable routing of these DVD players, and never noticed them tied into the aux stereo jack shown above. A couple lines run north, just inside the console, I believe for power. Had an issue with no power, followed the cords, and did some repair on the cords near the shift gate.
Tks, mncz.

Our LX is an '01, so no rear screens.

OP, i'd register and post the question on ih8mud.com...I don't think you can search without a user name. You want the 200 series tech forum. Mud is THE nexus of all things Land Cruiser and LX.

hth