LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Seat Memory and Key Fob

Old 05-15-19, 02:41 PM
MrIntl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Memory and Key Fob

So after a cursory search, I could not find anything related to my issue. I have two of the memory seats programed on the door and all works well. I thought I also programed the key fob to correlate to each of the memory seat buttons but alas that seems to have failed. Every time I get into the car and either use the key fob to unlock or the keyless proximity lock when I approach the driver door, it defaults to memory 2 with either key and I am memory 1. I have tried multiple times to reprogram this per the owner's manual but it does not take. Am I missing something? Do I have to wipe the whole system and start from scratch?

Thanks for the help everyone!
Old 05-16-19, 06:29 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 978 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by MrIntl
So after a cursory search, I could not find anything related to my issue. I have two of the memory seats programed on the door and all works well. I thought I also programed the key fob to correlate to each of the memory seat buttons but alas that seems to have failed. Every time I get into the car and either use the key fob to unlock or the keyless proximity lock when I approach the driver door, it defaults to memory 2 with either key and I am memory 1. I have tried multiple times to reprogram this per the owner's manual but it does not take. Am I missing something? Do I have to wipe the whole system and start from scratch?

Thanks for the help everyone!
Few key points that you will need to take in order to have this programmed properly, a) when you to memory pair with key fob, you need to make sure that you only carry ONE key fob with you inside car during the pairing process; b) a successful pairing will give you a long beep for confirmation; c) when you using the key fob to recall the memory, it ONLY works when you unlock the driver's door with the key fob.
Old 05-19-19, 12:57 PM
MrIntl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it work this time. Thanks for the help hzhao. Tried it after driving vs sitting in the garage in the AM. Not sure what the difference was but it took this time around!.