LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Navigation real time traffic

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-19, 07:16 PM
Stacey2447
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Navigation real time traffic

So I have the Lexus lx inspiration. Supposed to be this one in a million or at least only 500 made. But yet I can’t get to see the traffic on my way to work!! I have tried every setting imaginable. Any tricks I’m not seeing ??
Old 03-14-19, 08:07 PM
sheikhmax
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check Subscription
Old 03-14-19, 08:15 PM
Stacey2447
Driver School Candidate

Where is that
Old 03-15-19, 06:28 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 978 Likes on 565 Posts

For 2014+ model years and up, LX switched traffic info to HD traffic services and there is no subscription required. However, you will need to check if your area traffic info is covered or provided by local HD broadcasting.
Old 03-15-19, 07:27 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

Be certain you have Traffic Info turned on, Navigation on screen Menu button is second from bottom on the lower left
corner, open up Map Information and be sure Traffic Info is lit up.

hzhao is correct and there are two answers. The Navigation system gets its real time traffic information two different ways.

1) Tune your radio to an AM or FM station that is broadcasting in HD. You will see a gray HD logo near the frequency if they
are sending it, HD logo turns gold when you are receiving it. Sound brightens up (particularly on AM band) and both
Traffic and Weather information is updating. You do not have to listen to these terrestrial stations exclusively, just for a
minute or two will update your screens.

2) The workaround that has multiple benefits besides the Traffic and Weather updates is Lexus Enform App Suite.
Many threads on this free app. Download and register, when the app is up and running on your paired phone it also provides
the information we're looking for. The additional features of LEAS are that you can use your phone to enter destinations both
before you drive or while driving.
The following users liked this post:
hzhao (03-15-19)
Old 03-18-19, 03:14 PM
Stacey2447
Driver School Candidate

Thank u ! I tried the app. Still didn’t see the traffic. I’m just going to have to wait till it’s first service.
Old 08-25-19, 11:04 AM
max1000000
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m having the opposite problem: I’m getting live traffic updates even though I’ve turned them off.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this please?

Thanks

Max
Old 08-26-19, 09:05 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Well blimey, you're driving on the bloody left side of road...LOL

The Map Menu selection for Map Information will clear the Red/Yellow/Green "corridors"
that denote traffic density on our USA roads. 2018 and 2019 can also show Speed Limit.
These will show or be hidden regardless of having an actual route entered and active.

Are you describing that the system breaks in on your drive when you have a distinct "Point B"
entered into the system? Usually announces that your chosen route has congestion and would
you like an alternate. Choices are No, Yes or show Map. Established route is in Blue, alternate
is shown in Pink.
Old 08-26-19, 09:27 AM
max1000000
Driver School Candidate

Blimey indeed

Many thanks. No, I’ll be driving along listening to some music being bluetoothed to my system from my phone when suddenly the radio bleeps and this bloke starts talking about traffic conditions in my area - even though In settings I’ve turned live traffic updates off.

Cheers

Max
Old 08-27-19, 12:02 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Are you running a phone based Nav in your phone such as Waze or Google Maps.
Sounds like the notifications are coming from the phone not the Lexus native system.
Old 08-28-19, 12:10 AM
max1000000
Driver School Candidate

You know instinctively that makes sense to me. But actually it happens when I'm using neither the car satnav nor Google Maps. What I mean by "not using the car satnav" is that is that I don't have a destination entered into it; it's just showing the road where I am. Yet always right at the most interesting point of whatever I'm listening too, it beeps and the radio cuts in unhelpfully starts telling me about traffic conditions. To stop it, I just push the radio on/off button and it usually continues playing what I was listening to.

As a matter of interest, this discussion is making me realise that although I'm listening via Bluetooth, the traffic announcements are presumably temporarily switching the unit to radio for the announcement, and then switching back to bluetooth for me to carry-on listening to my phone?
Old 08-28-19, 03:55 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Your symptoms are curiously opposite of what I encounter. When Waze is running on my phone with
the "voice and sounds" set to "play as Bluetooth phone call" it will mute any source and play a Nav message.
Screen shows a phone call in progress with my phone number. Moments later my original source resumes.

The Lexus native Navigation (inexplicably) does Not mute audio sources and just talks over any sounds.
Worse, it speaks during phone calls..."no Honey, the Nav voice did not say turn left into the House of Ill repute!"
Old 08-28-19, 11:38 PM
max1000000
Driver School Candidate

I’m pleased it’s not just me then!

Your one one might be fixable in the phone’s Control Centre rather than in the Lexus SatNav? Mine is clearly a SatNav issue.

And your one also counts as one of the greatest excuses of all time
Old 08-30-19, 09:40 PM
hazilim
Driver School Candidate

mcomer: If I turn Traffic Info on & tune to an HD station, what must I then do in order to hear the traffic & weather info?
Old 09-03-19, 08:00 AM
hazilim
Driver School Candidate

My LX570 is a 2015. It still has the original map database (2014). I can't seem to get the Map Information page to show Traffic as an option.
Could it be that I need a newer map database in order to get the Traffic & Weather via HD?
The local dealer wants about $200 to install the newest map database.
Bob

Quick Reply: Navigation real time traffic