ebay find.. obx header

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-18, 11:22 AM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default ebay find.. obx header

found while surfing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Racing-Sports-Exhaust-Header-for-2008-thru-2014-Lexus-IS-F-5-0L-V8/163349035534?epid=8025404752&hash=item26085c7a0e:g:dJQAAOSwWXFb2zFz:rk:1f:0

best of luck to whoever tries this out first
The following users liked this post:
JPxMODz (12-18-18)
Old 12-18-18, 11:29 AM
Patton6964
Advanced

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

I wouldn't dare....
Old 12-18-18, 01:30 PM
JPxMODz
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

I know guys who had OBX on other platforms with good outcome. I'd rock these for the price
Old 12-18-18, 02:19 PM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

I would run it if someone else buys it. LOL these Chinese copies all have fitment issues. And this is a copy of the Sikky v2, which I believe is not the best fitting header out there. I'm not sure about all that though.
Old 12-18-18, 02:42 PM
Patton6964
Advanced

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

It's already a pain in the *** to install the headers on this car. So you pay for a poopy set of headers and who knows what will happen, might end up having to pay for another set and another install. If it was on a different platform where it was easy to install I could understand the risk. But for me I'd rather pay the extra money for the ppe headers I know will fit with proven gains.
Old 12-18-18, 03:55 PM
JPxMODz
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

^^^Yeah definitely risky considering how big a job this is. Hate like hell to have car all ripped apart only to find out these headers don't fit
Old 12-18-18, 06:17 PM
McPierson
Instructor

Received 180 Likes on 99 Posts

Dang! I’m at the point of pulling my manifolds and fixing the crack that I think exists. These are in my budget... it would be more fun to pull the manifolds knowing I’m putting in headers... I don’t mind denting things... ohh man, I’ve got the borescope charged to go looking for the soot from a leak. If I see some these might be getting clicked.

Thanks, uh, I think.
Old 12-18-18, 06:28 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker4096
I would run it if someone else buys it. LOL these Chinese copies all have fitment issues. And this is a copy of the Sikky v2, which I believe is not the best fitting header out there. I'm not sure about all that though.
Sikky V2 headers fit perfectly....better fitment than the PPE headers (which some members have had fitment issues with). Believe you're thinking of the v1 Sikky headers with all the issues.

V.
Old 12-18-18, 06:39 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,948 Likes on 1,371 Posts

^^^^Please don't spread things that are not true

Lou
Old 12-18-18, 07:47 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^Please don't spread things that are not true

Lou
^^^^Youre the king of giving people links to other piat, asking them to search.....a quick search and you'll find what I'm talking about 👎.

Although 'most' of the issues came from incorrect installation...but there have been some where PPW sent out another set of headers.

V.
Old 12-18-18, 09:22 PM
RRocket
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 66 Posts

I have a friend who bought an OBX turbo manifold. Not because he wanted it...but because he was budget constrained. Not everyone can drop $2k+ on a manifold, headers, etc. I also note on some forums, this one included, if the item for sale isn't a bazillion dollars, it must be crap. It's not always the case. At any rate, he got his manifold. He looked it over carefully. One of the area the weld was "ok" (not bad, but not great). He had that touched up. Then he had it coated. So he got a manifold, which was a copy of a proven design, for much less money and coated to boot. And guess what? It worked out just fine.

Personally, I've used cheaper parts on some of my cars...even my 911. Because I flat out refused to spend THOUSANDS for a muffler and a small pipe for my 911 (look at a 911 exhaust..basically nothing to it). I ended up using a TopSpeedAuto/Pro1 Performance exhaust on my 911 and another on my GS. Was VERY pleased with the sound and quality and they didn't cost me a fortune, either. Wish they made one for the IS-F and my wife's Audi TT 3.2L
Old 12-19-18, 03:30 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 118 Posts

How many people with Xforce exhausts on, mines been on for 2 years no problems stainless steel and the welds and brackets look excellent 5 year warranty and made in china. OBX make a LOT of after market exhausts so maybe someone will take the chance, not me just bought a milling machine and one of Elvins steering wheels for Christmas SO happy Christmas everyone and stay safe.
Old 12-19-18, 05:22 AM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by RRocket
I have a friend who bought an OBX turbo manifold. Not because he wanted it...but because he was budget constrained. Not everyone can drop $2k+ on a manifold, headers, etc. I also note on some forums, this one included, if the item for sale isn't a bazillion dollars, it must be crap. It's not always the case. At any rate, he got his manifold. He looked it over carefully. One of the area the weld was "ok" (not bad, but not great). He had that touched up. Then he had it coated. So he got a manifold, which was a copy of a proven design, for much less money and coated to boot. And guess what? It worked out just fine.

Personally, I've used cheaper parts on some of my cars...even my 911. Because I flat out refused to spend THOUSANDS for a muffler and a small pipe for my 911 (look at a 911 exhaust..basically nothing to it). I ended up using a TopSpeedAuto/Pro1 Performance exhaust on my 911 and another on my GS. Was VERY pleased with the sound and quality and they didn't cost me a fortune, either. Wish they made one for the IS-F and my wife's Audi TT 3.2L
I had a friend with an OBX turbo manifold. After it got hot it couldn’t take the weight of the turbo. It kept breaking. He was cheap, so he made another bracket to hold the weight of the turbo.

Think of that... a manifold so cheap it can’t hold a turbo. That’s OBX. Sure you can rig a car together well enough to work... but really?
Old 12-19-18, 06:02 AM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The term you get what you pay for applies here, having my share of cracked turbo manifolds that were built locally, I would not buy these obx or take them for free it be a waste of time to install them only to pull them off again in a few months maybe year. Just google obx cracked headers and you get your answer. And the isf generates alot more heat in the bay then the hondas mitsubishi nissan....
Old 12-19-18, 06:55 AM
McPierson
Instructor

Received 180 Likes on 99 Posts

I'm guessing it would need a new dipstick tube. Imagine calling Sikky to say " Hey I'm installing these counterfit headers for half price, but 0 RnD. Would you sell me your dipstick tube?"

Quick Reply: ebay find.. obx header