RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Amazon alexa to start rx 350

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-18, 05:59 AM
nightdiff
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Amazon alexa to start rx 350

I linked Amazon alexa to start my rx350 last night it works great!
Old 11-11-18, 06:02 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

how how how how how
Old 11-11-18, 06:55 AM
nightdiff
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
how how how how how
You type lexus into the skill search on the Amazon alexa application then follow the instructions in the skill application
Old 11-11-18, 07:36 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts

Amazon Amazon

for more information
Old 11-11-18, 06:34 PM
larrytrk
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

That’s really cool!!
Old 11-11-18, 07:04 PM
Machine13
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

One can also start their 4RX with their voice using an Apple Watch with the Enform Remote app installed. As well as lock/unlock doors, check status information, and find the vehicle’s location on Apple maps.
Old 11-12-18, 01:12 PM
AirForce8
Pit Crew

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Ha this is awesome, thanks for the heads up. Worked perfectly.
Old 11-12-18, 02:39 PM
nightdiff
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by AirForce8
Ha this is awesome, thanks for the heads up. Worked perfectly.
No problem!
Old 11-12-18, 06:13 PM
AirForce8
Pit Crew

One thing I already don't like about this feature: the doors have to be locked for the car to start.

Scenario: I'm upstairs getting ready and I decide I want to preheat the car. I ask Alexa to start the car but it doesn't work because I didn't lock the doors when I got out the night before. I parked in the garage so I had no reason to lock the doors.

Why can't Lexus lock the doors as part of the process of remote starting the car? If I have to ask Alexa to lock the doors before I ask her to start it, it kinda becomes not that convenient anymore. Especially when she doesn't even bother to tell you the car didn't start because the doors are unlocked.

At the very least she should say I couldn't initiate remote start because the doors are unlocked, would you like me to lock and start?

​​​
​​​
Old 11-13-18, 07:16 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 503 Likes on 380 Posts

One thing I already don't like about this feature: the doors have to be locked for the car to start.

Scenario: I'm upstairs getting ready and I decide I want to preheat the car. I ask Alexa to start the car but it doesn't work because I didn't lock the doors when I got out the night before. I parked in the garage so I had no reason to lock the doors.
Why can't Lexus lock the doors as part of the process of remote starting the car? If I have to ask Alexa to lock the doors before I ask her to start it, it kinda becomes not that convenient anymore. Especially when she doesn't even bother to tell you the car didn't start because the doors are unlocked.
At the very least she should say I couldn't initiate remote start because the doors are unlocked, would you like me to lock and start?​​​
​​​
I would wonder why you need to pre-heat your car that's parked in a garage. At any rate, the simple solution, to me, would be to simply touch the door handle after parking at night.
Old 11-13-18, 07:28 AM
AirForce8
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ravenuer
I would wonder why you need to pre-heat your car that's parked in a garage. At any rate, the simple solution, to me, would be to simply touch the door handle after parking at night.
I would wonder why you'd be interested but OK.... It got down to 17 degrees here last night and was in the low 40's in the garage. I have remote start so why get into a car that is not warmed up? Before I get out the night before I put the heater on high and the seat warmer on high(and now lock it) . Very cozy when I get in. I hope you no longer wonder about it.
Old 11-13-18, 07:54 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Wink

I would wonder why you'd be interested but OK.... It got down to 17 degrees here last night and was in the low 40's in the garage. I have remote start so why get into a car that is not warmed up? Before I get out the night before I put the heater on high and the seat warmer on high(and now lock it) . Very cozy when I get in. I hope you no longer wonder about it.
I guess it all comes down to individual tastes. My garage also runs in the 40s, but I find my car comfortable when I get in.
Old 11-13-18, 07:57 AM
AirForce8
Pit Crew

I guess it all comes down to individual tastes. My garage also runs in the 40s, but I find my car comfortable when I get in.
A lot of things can go into this. Just an example, I'm at 11% body fat. You get chilly without fat. You're probably more "insulated" than I am.
Old 11-13-18, 08:01 AM
ravenuer
Racer

A lot of things can go into this. Just an example, I'm at 11% body fat. You get chilly without fat. You're probably more "insulated" than I am.
LOL! That's a distinct possibility!
Old 11-13-18, 08:06 AM
AirForce8
Pit Crew

LOL! That's a distinct possibility!
Just yanking your chain bro. 😊 Honestly my biggest issue is remembering to remote start the car. Usually I get to the garage and I'm like damn man forgot again.

Quick Reply: Amazon alexa to start rx 350