GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Excited!!! Picking up a 2015 gs350 today

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-18, 11:30 AM
jordanhigg
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Excited!!! Picking up a 2015 gs350 today

i have never had a gs350 and it’s always been my favorite vehicle but the price point is always to much for me but I’m finally pulling he trigger.

i found a used 2015 f sport with 55k miles (private party), has many if not all the options I could think of besides DRCC but it definitely have Mark L. Sound, bsm, rear shade, rear air, etc

this is my work car so I will not be doing anything modification to it but I am going to dynamate the whole inside of the car for a quieter ride. I am hearing impaired and freeway noise while on any Bluetooth is an issue.

i am so excited to pick her up in a few hours
The following users liked this post:
Boomin (09-21-18)
Old 09-21-18, 11:34 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Congratulations!

What color? Be sure to post some pictures when you pick it up. I have a '15 and it's my favorite car I've owned to date.
Old 09-21-18, 11:40 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,417 Posts

Originally Posted by jordanhigg
i have never had a gs350 and it’s always been my favorite vehicle but the price point is always to much for me but I’m finally pulling he trigger.

i found a used 2015 f sport with 55k miles (private party), has many if not all the options I could think of besides DRCC but it definitely have Mark L. Sound, bsm, rear shade, rear air, etc

this is my work car so I will not be doing anything modification to it but I am going to dynamate the whole inside of the car for a quieter ride. I am hearing impaired and freeway noise while on any Bluetooth is an issue.

What do you mean by rear air? If you mean temperature and fan controls for the rear A/C this is a feature found only on the Luxury optioned GS 350.

I assume it also has Intuitive Parking Assist. Does it by chance have HUD?

Congrats! Enjoy!!!
Old 09-21-18, 03:34 PM
garyeh
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats! Welcome to the GS club!
Old 09-21-18, 04:08 PM
chinee
Racer

Received 938 Likes on 575 Posts

I am remembering how I felt when I picked up my 2015 GS a few months ago. The butterflies....

Congrats! Post some pics! Brag a bit! Brag a lot!
Old 09-21-18, 05:54 PM
jordanhigg
Driver

Well she is home in my driveway now and got a paintless guy coming in the am to pop out a dent.

i don’t think it’s a loaded model. It’s an f sport with Mark L sound and dual pane front windows.

rear air is just the vents no control.

rear sun shade, bsm, folding mirrors.

i drove home from long beach and when I hit the surface streets getting closer to home I rolled up to a stop light (3 lane) and a Black bmw was two spots over and looked my way cause the middle car was back a few feet. I didn’t know what model other then a 3 series and light went green and we both took off and he definitely tried to beat me. I let off about 65mph and after a few miles he passed and it was a 330i. I guys a 335 would of been even closer but it was definitely some fun.

Old 09-21-18, 05:56 PM
jordanhigg
Driver

I am going to get a front lip, tint, and black out the chrome front and rear and maybe the side mirrors. Have not decided exactly
Old 09-21-18, 09:49 PM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

Congrats, Welcome to the 4GS Club. Very nice Spec!
Old 09-22-18, 10:04 AM
FI4runner
Intermediate

Received 85 Likes on 41 Posts

I am going to get a front lip, tint, and black out the chrome front and rear and maybe the side mirrors. Have not decided exactly
Congrats!! Very nice. Nebula Gray is the fastest color by the way ;-) lol

Sounds like you’re on the same path I am (Did front lip, plastidipped grill surround Anthracite Gray, rear emblem and chrome trim, still need to do window trim in vinyl).
Keeping it clean and low key (I have clients to haul around sometimes and can’t have a kids type car).
The Vossen VFS-2’s and Tanabe springs look factory in my opinion. FYI ;-)
I’m a car guy and have always had tastefully modded vehicles - and so far after these wheels I’ve never had so much positive feedback. Downside is everyone thinks it’s a $70K vehicle that isn’t familiar with car makes/models/costs.

Last edited by FI4runner; 09-22-18 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-22-18, 10:45 AM
jordanhigg
Driver

Those wheels look good. I was deciding between a non f sport and throwing wheels on it or getting an f sport and not changing the wheels. I do like the f sport wheels so I am going to keep them.

fianlly someone like myself that takes clients around and has products in their car.
Old 09-22-18, 09:01 PM
hiyabuddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The first F-Sport I saw was at my local Lexus dealer. It was a 2014 Nebula Gray Pearl with Cabernet interior. It looked so beautiful, but it wasn't CPO. I just saw another one at my dealer in the same color configuration (2015 model). It looks magnificent. Coming from a 2004 Camry and having driven a 535i, C-300, IS 300, RX 350, NX 200t/300, GX 460, LS 460, and 740i, The GS is my absolute favorite car. I'm fond of the 2013-2015 models the most because I've driven the newer models and found them lacking what my cars have had. The only car that beats this guy is the GS-F but I would miss my heated steering wheel and AWD in the snow.
Old 09-22-18, 09:25 PM
garyeh
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hiyabuddy
I'm fond of the 2013-2015 models the most because I've driven the newer models and found them lacking what my cars have had.
Is there something missing in the 2016-2018 that 2013-2015 GS has?
Old 09-22-18, 09:46 PM
FI4runner
Intermediate

Those wheels look good. I was deciding between a non f sport and throwing wheels on it or getting an f sport and not changing the wheels. I do like the f sport wheels so I am going to keep them.

fianlly someone like myself that takes clients around and has products in their car.
Thx!
Yep, I own an industrial business that caters to other business owners. I didn’t want to change the car dramatically, but at the same time wanted to make it “mine”. LOL
Good luck on the mods! Sounds like what you have in plan is enough that every other GS350 won’t look the same.
Old 09-22-18, 10:13 PM
hiyabuddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by garyeh

Is there something missing in the 2016-2018 that 2013-2015 GS has?
For starters, the engine is different. Slightly less responsive and less oomph than the 2GR-FSE (2013-2015 engine). I'm being kinda nitpicky here, but the electronic trunk closer is nice, but if you want to open it in a hurry you have to wait. On the older models the trunk just pops open. Full screen maps is a plus on 2016-2018 but for me Enform starts up slower and my phone connects slower via bluetooth. Brake hold honestly doesn't work, I tried it and it felt like the car wanted to take off as soon as I tapped the gas to disengage brake hold. Also changes in packages, especially the cold weather package. I'm not sure if the newer models have the same water repellent glass (dual pane), windshield wiper de-icer, and high intensity heater. Also a lack of headlamp washers.

These are region/climate related faults. It seems like the stereo on the older GS (non-ML) also sounded way better. I'm glad they kept the seat the same because it's comfortable, as is the ride quality.

The car still felt solid, just not too sold on the digital display. Yes, I just turned 26 and I don't want an LCD screen over physical gauges. I actually dislike the completely digital tachometer/speedometer on the 2019 740i rental I've had for the past month. Call me a luddite but there's some things that if they aren't broken, then you shouldn't fix them.

If they could slap the 5.0 liter V8 inside of 2013-2015 GS, I'd cash in my savings for that car. There are more cosmetic differences that I could go into detail about. Your best bet is take a drive to your Lexus dealer and ask to look at a 2018 GS 350 F-Sport. You'll notice they come pretty much loaded and have Mark Levinson. Then give the car a good once over next to yours. I love the new grill for the F-Sport, but wished they kept the headlights looking the same. I am unsure but the new Bi-LEDs don't seem to be auto leveling. That's the first thing you notice when you start up the car in the dark/dusk. On a 2016-2018 your headlights remain stationary, on a 2013-2015 your headlights point up and down then center themselves.

The safety system is redundant for me. On the lowest sensitivity it noticed the car in front of me and began to panic to auto brake the car. My foot was already on the brake before it began beeping and cut my music. My foot is actually is more mindful of the brake despite having a lead foot. Other than that I like the blindspot monitor and like the safety system if my girlfriend wants to drive the car. She's driven the loaners I've had and there are times when I've thanked Lexus for their new safety system.
Old 09-22-18, 10:32 PM
FI4runner
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hiyabuddy
For starters, the engine is different. Slightly less responsive and less oomph than the 2GR-FSE (2013-2015 engine). I'm being kinda nitpicky here, but the electronic trunk closer is nice, but if you want to open it in a hurry you have to wait. On the older models the trunk just pops open. Full screen maps is a plus on 2016-2018 but for me Enform starts up slower and my phone connects slower via bluetooth. Brake hold honestly doesn't work, I tried it and it felt like the car wanted to take off as soon as I tapped the gas to disengage brake hold. Also changes in packages, especially the cold weather package. I'm not sure if the newer models have the same water repellent glass (dual pane), windshield wiper de-icer, and high intensity heater. Also a lack of headlamp washers.

These are region/climate related faults. It seems like the stereo on the older GS (non-ML) also sounded way better. I'm glad they kept the seat the same because it's comfortable, as is the ride quality.

The car still felt solid, just not too sold on the digital display. Yes, I just turned 26 and I don't want an LCD screen over physical gauges. I actually dislike the completely digital tachometer/speedometer on the 2019 740i rental I've had for the past month. Call me a luddite but there's some things that if they aren't broken, then you shouldn't fix them.

If they could slap the 5.0 liter V8 inside of 2013-2015 GS, I'd cash in my savings for that car. There are more cosmetic differences that I could go into detail about. Your best bet is take a drive to your Lexus dealer and ask to look at a 2018 GS 350 F-Sport. You'll notice they come pretty much loaded and have Mark Levinson. Then give the car a good once over next to yours. I love the new grill for the F-Sport, but wished they kept the headlights looking the same. I am unsure but the new Bi-LEDs don't seem to be auto leveling. That's the first thing you notice when you start up the car in the dark/dusk. On a 2016-2018 your headlights remain stationary, on a 2013-2015 your headlights point up and down then center themselves.

The safety system is redundant for me. On the lowest sensitivity it noticed the car in front of me and began to panic to auto brake the car. My foot was already on the brake before it began beeping and cut my music. My foot is actually is more mindful of the brake despite having a lead foot. Other than that I like the blindspot monitor and like the safety system if my girlfriend wants to drive the car. She's driven the loaners I've had and there are times when I've thanked Lexus for their new safety system.
I was curious on what your response would be, and this was surprisingly informational. Thank you for the detailed response.

Quick Reply: Excited!!! Picking up a 2015 gs350 today