GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

2 Pilot Sport 4S Free Tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-18, 05:56 AM
TARS
Driver

Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts
Default 2 Pilot Sport 4S Free Tires

Guys... I have 2 (not 4) almost brand new and in great shape, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (265/30 ZR-20) with 1,500 miles on them. I'm offering them for free to anyone here that owns a GS-F and that have a real immediate use for them, not to have them as spares! Of course, the human thing to do is to at least pay for shipping... I'm located in FL, so if you are in CA, the shipping might not be trivial.

This is a small effort from my part, but in good faith. I'm just looking for someone here that can benefit from using them so they don't go to waste.

If you are interested, you own a GS-F, you have an immediate use for them, and your 20" wheels are the right size, don't hesitate to answer this post.
Old 09-21-18, 08:48 AM
anbark22
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey TARS,
I really got excited about your offer of free tires, until I realized they are 20”. My F is at the dealership now awaiting the arrival of a rear tire. Took it in for warranty work and they called to inform me I have a nail in the rear and quite naturally it’s unrepairable.

I have not seen it yet but requested pics. Estimate d cost is $371.00 otd. Would love to have gotten a free one. Only 13K mileage. Also, I’m here in North Florida. Could’ve easily driven to you. Ha ha

Thanks again for your unselfish generosity and paying it forward.

Peace.
Old 09-21-18, 09:17 AM
Damian55
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in very much need. Running a 275/35/20 and found that the 35 rubs. That 30 would be ideal. Call me my number is (832)686-9562
Old 09-21-18, 01:12 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

sent you a PM
Old 09-22-18, 05:37 AM
TARS
Driver

Originally Posted by anbark22
Hey TARS,
I really got excited about your offer of free tires, until I realized they are 20”. My F is at the dealership now awaiting the arrival of a rear tire. Took it in for warranty work and they called to inform me I have a nail in the rear and quite naturally it’s unrepairable.

I have not seen it yet but requested pics. Estimate d cost is $371.00 otd. Would love to have gotten a free one. Only 13K mileage. Also, I’m here in North Florida. Could’ve easily driven to you. Ha ha

Thanks again for your unselfish generosity and paying it forward.

Peace.
Anbark, it would have worked great with you being in northern FL and in need of tires! Sucks that you have to replace that one single tire at 13K miles... kind of right at the middle of the life of the tire. Hopefully the opposing tire is not too far gone to be a good match for the new one.

My pleasure and thanks for the nice comment, it seems there are a few guys that have responded that could use them, at this point the tires should not go to waste and someone will enjoy them for free. Pretty cool!
Old 09-22-18, 09:48 AM
Damian55
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TARS
Guys... I have 2 (not 4) almost brand new and in great shape, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (265/30 ZR-20) with 1,500 miles on them. I'm offering them for free to anyone here that owns a GS-F and that have a real immediate use for them, not to have them as spares! Of course, the human thing to do is to at least pay for shipping... I'm located in FL, so if you are in CA, the shipping might not be trivial.

This is a small effort from my part, but in good faith. I'm just looking for someone here that can benefit from using them so they don't go to waste.

If you are interested, you own a GS-F, you have an immediate use for them, and your 20" wheels are the right size, don't hesitate to answer this post.
Hey TARS,
I was just wondering if you've found someone for these tires yet. In my previous post I was a little short of words. I have a 16' GSF that recently got 20" wheels (BC Forged) I made the mistake of having a 35 series for the fronts and rub the inner walls when I do wider turns. I was actually looking to buy a 265/275 in a 30 series to avoid further damage to the liner. If you still have them id appreciate the tires and would be more than willing to even pay something for them. It's kind enough that you offer them for free but it would only feel right to pay shipping and then a little something for them. Regardless let me know my number is (832)686-9562.
Old 09-22-18, 10:28 AM
TARS
Driver

Originally Posted by Damian55
Hey TARS,
I was just wondering if you've found someone for these tires yet. In my previous post I was a little short of words. I have a 16' GSF that recently got 20" wheels (BC Forged) I made the mistake of having a 35 series for the fronts and rub the inner walls when I do wider turns. I was actually looking to buy a 265/275 in a 30 series to avoid further damage to the liner. If you still have them id appreciate the tires and would be more than willing to even pay something for them. It's kind enough that you offer them for free but it would only feel right to pay shipping and then a little something for them. Regardless let me know my number is (832)686-9562.
Damian, actually I did find someone for the tires... you. I was just looking for a better airport from which to respond to let you know. It seems that you have the most significant issue that could be fixed by my tires, so I believe that you will benefit the most. I was also hoping that like me, you had a front wheel application for these tires since they will not be ideal for the rear. Rest assured they will not rub, provided adequate front wheel offset and/or no extreme spacer. Thanks for elaborating on your situation.

Man of my word, I said they were going to be free, so they will be free. PM me your address so I can research shipping. I will be back home next weekend and will attend to this that following week (Oct. 1 to 5, somewhere in there). Send all further correspondence private (PM), for obvious reasons.

Thank you to the few guys that responded directly or through PM, I hope I had more tires to give away. Back home, I have some Proxes R888R waiting for me that I can not wait to get to know better.

Again, thanks to all!
Old 09-22-18, 01:13 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Looks like we're all done here. Thanks TARS!
The following users liked this post:
TARS (09-22-18)