Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

LC 500H and loving those fries

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-18, 10:45 AM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
Default LC 500H and loving those fries

Sitting at a set of lights today at lunchtime and I see a nice car in the lane beside me....Can see the Lexus wheels, and I think to myself...hmm, that's a nice car, and not one I have seen on the road in my neck of the woods. Look closer and it's a 2018 LC 500H, one of the more expensive offerings in the Lexus lineup.

Then I glance to see the driver..middle aged lady, who had just pulled out of a Walmart parking lot and was chowing down on her bag of McDonald fries while waiting for the lights to change.

Hmmm.....I am not one of those guys who details their car or really get's that worked up about it, but I am pretty sure that if I had just bought a new LC 500H, one of the last things I would be do sitting in the drivers seat is eating a bag of greasy, salty french fries .

Seemed a little incongruous to me, but I guess she likes those fries and couldn't wait to get home or back to the office.
Old 09-18-18, 11:03 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Maybe she borrowed it.
Old 09-18-18, 11:08 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

People with $$$$$$$ don't care much about that...perhaps she leased it.
Old 09-18-18, 11:12 AM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
People with $$$$$$$ don't care much about that...perhaps she leased it.

Yeah..so much $$$$$ and she goes to a Walmart McDonalds for lunch.
Old 09-18-18, 11:22 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,511 Likes on 1,807 Posts

I sometimes go to the Taco Bell drive through in my Lexus. Even if I had a G-wagen I'd still do it. Besides, people with money are often really busy. Maybe she hadn't eaten all day.

Eating in the car isn't so bad if you detail it often. I vacuum the carpets and seats and wipe down the surfaces of my car about once a month, so any food left behind isn't going to be there long. It's honestly pretty rare for us to have the occasion of eating in the car - mostly it's just Starbucks if anything.
Old 09-18-18, 11:27 AM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
I sometimes go to the Taco Bell drive through in my Lexus. Even if I had a G-wagen I'd still do it. Besides, people with money are often really busy. Maybe she hadn't eaten all day.

Eating in the car isn't so bad if you detail it often. I vacuum the carpets and seats and wipe down the surfaces of my car about once a month, so any food left behind isn't going to be there long. It's honestly pretty rare for us to have the occasion of eating in the car - mostly it's just Starbucks if anything.
Yeah, definitely necessary. You DO NOT want roaches breeding in your car...those Youtube videos look scary.
Old 09-18-18, 11:52 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,714 Likes on 2,299 Posts

Plot twist. She stole it.
Old 09-18-18, 12:39 PM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Originally Posted by arentz07
it. Besides, people with money are often really busy. Maybe she hadn't eaten all day.

McDonalds...Walmart....Lexus.

Which one is the odd one out?
Old 09-18-18, 12:58 PM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Maikerusan
Yeah..so much $$$$$ and she goes to a Walmart McDonalds for lunch.
That's how she saved the money over the years for her first Lexus!
If she sees this forum, a tip for her......try Sam's Club for the samples, then if still hungry get a $1.50 hot dog.
Old 09-18-18, 01:02 PM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

lol you sound like rich people dont like junk food but I'll play. I'm going to say walmart.
Old 09-18-18, 01:47 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,511 Likes on 1,807 Posts

I think it's more of "LC" than Lexus, tbh. The only local person I know of that has an LC around here is a dentist. Not exactly known for being broke.

But regardless, I have always said even if I end up driving a Lambo, I would never be too good for fast food. Or for even eating in the car. Obviously I am pretty **** about keeping my car clean, but I won't do so at the expense of my passengers or even my own sanity. What's the point of taking the LC out for a Wal-Mart run if you can't enjoy yourself while doing it?
Old 09-18-18, 01:52 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I really don't see the correlation. I for one am someone who has no problem eating in the car, as I clean the interior pretty often. Fast food fries is the easiest food to eat in the car. Now if she was devouring a taco in her car, then I'd raise an eyebrow lol.
Old 09-18-18, 02:11 PM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Guess I am old fashioned then. To me, cars were never for eating in. Might explain why I never go to drive through fast food joints.
Old 09-18-18, 02:16 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

I'll drink coffee in my car (hello Starbucks drive-thru) and I'll eat a snack, like a cookie or a scone that can easily be cleaned up. I prefer not to have fast food in my car as I don't like the smell it leaves behind, and am just not much of a fast food guy in general anyways. I would make an exception if required, but that's what I generally do.
Old 09-18-18, 02:49 PM
signdetres
Racer

Received 870 Likes on 502 Posts

I regularly (like a couple times a week) go to the beach with my GS and get sand everywhere, sun screen all over the interior, etc. I go to the gym daily and get back in the car completely drenched in sweat. Who cares? It's a car and it's meant to be lived in and enjoyed. If I had a Rolls, I'd continue to do the same. Good for her.

Some of the people that go to the gym I go to come in their Wraiths, their Huracans, etc. I'm sure they're getting in just as sweaty and gross. Life is short. Live it to the fullest.

Last edited by signdetres; 09-18-18 at 02:52 PM.

Quick Reply: LC 500H and loving those fries