ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 7ES owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-01, 07:45 AM
Welcome to CL
Official Welcome Wagon

Received 170 Likes on 27 Posts
Arrow Welcome to Club Lexus! 7ES owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Members,

When you get your new (or new to you) ES please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

- Model and package (ES, ES Hybrid, ES F-Sport, etc)
- Color of the exterior and Interior
- Options

and congratulations!

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-06-18 at 06:48 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Welcome to CL:
2020300h (02-26-22), Rileybear (01-26-22)
Old 09-16-18, 08:04 PM
Garion
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys, Just purchased (9-3-18) the 2019 ES300H loaded. I have one issue. The rear speakers carry only about 5-10% of the sound. There is no way to balance the sound between the front and back speakers. I took the car back to my local dealer and he agreed that it was bad, but there was nothing they could do about it. Does anyone else have this issue? Or a solution???
The following users liked this post:
Lweber40 (04-05-20)
Old 09-17-18, 04:48 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 611 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Garion
Hi Guys, Just purchased (9-3-18) the 2019 ES300H loaded. I have one issue. The rear speakers carry only about 5-10% of the sound. There is no way to balance the sound between the front and back speakers. I took the car back to my local dealer and he agreed that it was bad, but there was nothing they could do about it. Does anyone else have this issue? Or a solution???
Congrats on the new ESh and welcome to the forum! I would be surprised if the new model didn't have bias adjustments for front and back, like every other car out there.

Take some pic's of your new ride for us!
Drivelex (06-24-19)
Old 09-17-18, 04:50 AM
SuperMido
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Garion
Now I don't have the car (yet) but looking at the image below; It seems like this is how the sound system was made by design. There's only 2 small 9 cm speakers in the back doors, and the rest is all in the front. And you just got a subwoofer in the back.

Now, is your complaint that when sitting in the front it feels front biased and un-enjoyable? Or the back passengers not liking it?

Also, I think you should start a new thread, this one is only meant for introductions not issues.

Last edited by SuperMido; 09-17-18 at 04:57 AM.
Old 09-19-18, 04:02 AM
mikesrx350
Instructor

Received 253 Likes on 180 Posts

glad i am not crazy, couldn't understand how a ML can sound the way it did on test drive

thanks for info
Old 10-03-18, 10:36 PM
kaytoven
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey guys, I just bought the F Sport model with the white exterior and red interior. I'll upload pictures of modifications and stuff that I end up doing along the line.
Old 10-04-18, 05:57 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kaytoven
Hey guys, I just bought the F Sport model with the white exterior and red interior. I'll upload pictures of modifications and stuff that I end up doing along the line.
Congrats! Let's see some baseline pic's!
Old 11-02-18, 11:27 AM
lux300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I bought ES300h luxury model on 10-12-2018. Love this car. Can't figure out if this model have auto fold side mirror option or not. Does anyone know?
Old 11-02-18, 11:45 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lux300
Hi, I bought ES300h luxury model on 10-12-2018. Love this car. Can't figure out if this model have auto fold side mirror option or not. Does anyone know?
Not if you live in the states. Congrats anyways!
Old 11-02-18, 01:12 PM
mndaves
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hi! Last night we picked up our CPO 2019 ES350, Luxury model with HUD, rear sunshade, power trunk kick sensor and panoramic moon roof added. Exterior is Atomic Silver, interior is Chateau leather with Linear Espresso wood trim. We may have the only CPO 2019 ES in the country... Original buyer was a 2017 LS owner, bought the 2019 ES to get a smaller vehicle and after three weeks and less than 300 miles decided he wanted an LS back. So he bought a 2019 LS. Dealer couldn't sell our car as "new" so they certified it. Our gain! They took something off the MSRP plus we have a 5 year, 11 month bumper-to-bumper warranty (3 years 11 mos remaining new car warranty plus two year CPO warranty). And our first six service trips are included. We purchased a bunch of extras (chip guard film, paint and upholstery protection and tire protection plans) PLUS a five year extended warranty. So we have a warranty for one month shy of ELEVEN years!!! And our first 10 services are included. Since we traded in a 2005 LS430 which we purchased CPO in 2008, we've upgraded 14 years in vehicle age and light years in technology. We will miss the LS - by far the most luxurious car we have ever or will ever own. But so far we're very happy with the ES. Thanks for all the threads so far; I've been reading up on the ES since we first saw the car last Saturday and despite the minor (to us) issues identified by owners thus far we think we've made the right choice. I've added three pics from our delivery room visit last night.

Last edited by mndaves; 11-02-18 at 02:05 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by mndaves:
LexNYC83 (04-17-20), Rileybear (01-26-22), TXWJ (02-26-22)
Old 12-04-18, 10:09 AM
687Jim
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our new ES350 is Sunlit Green. Premium And Mark Levinson Packages. Picked it up last Friday. Traded a 2016 ES which was very good but this new one is better. First Impressions, a little overwhelming because it is totally new. Starting to learn all of the new stuff. Issues. Printing on all of the dash buttons is small and hard to read. My wife, who has vision problems will have a hard time learning this car. All the navigation buttons are now on the steering wheel, not good, especially at night when they are unreadable. The stalk was better.
Still, this is the best driving experience of any car I have ever owned. The quiet and lack of vibration has to be experienced to be believed. The ML audio system is awesome, big if, if your source material is high quality. But even spoken word is perfection.
Trunk is a little bigger, kick opener works well after you understand is that all you need to do is a quick little kick under the rear bumper.
Cruis control will now take you to a dead stop and then start if you push the Res button. Lane tracing is different and maybe improved. In the absence of lane markers, car will now lock on to the vehicle in front and follow. Just hope he knows where he is going. Also steering assist will attempt to keep you in the middle of the lane, even on curves. Took my hands off the wheel in a turn and the car made the turn but I got warnings and alerts. Not Recommended!
The electronics are definitely improved. Much better. Apple CarPlay is wonderful. Set your destination in Maps or with Siri or Waze, plug it in and the full functional app appears on the screen. Switching over SiriusXM from old to new car took about a minute on the SiriusXM website.
Old 12-04-18, 11:51 AM
EV02is
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Es300h
Atomic Silver/chateau
Ultra Luxury

Love the car... never thought I would buy an ES. I’ve put on about 250 miles and have averaged 52mpg with mixed driving. Track pad does take some getting used to at first, but I am starting to get the hang of it.

As others have mentioned, only gripe is the front biased sound from the ML audio, lack of power folding mirrors and no USB port under the arm rest.

also just an aesthetic issue, but I wish the rear tail light LED bars were more pronounced like the previous gen. On the way home yesterday, I followed behind an 19fsport and realized they aren’t very distinctive.

Rileybear (01-26-22)
Old 12-11-18, 12:36 PM
Snevets69
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We have had a 2019 ES350 for about a week with the exact same audio problem. Our service guys punted saying there is nothing wrong with it! Our sales person thinks it might be a wide spread problem since he checked other 2019 ES350s and found the same issue. My wife called Lexus corporate (1800-25lexus) to document the issue but doubt if any action will be taken.

Al G
Rarewolf (10-18-21)
Old 12-20-18, 03:20 AM
isisjk
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2019 ES300h

I bought new 2019 Lexus ES300h end of Oct 2018.
The car is doing great except for 2 things

Water leaks from sunroof when heavy rain or hose water directly to roof. eg car wash. its not much but IT DOSE LEAK

Audio system.....

Standard PIONEER and Premium MARK LEVINSON both have same problem. Audio volume ratio from front to rear is about 9 :1 for PIONEER and 8 : 2 for Premium , In easier words when you put volume level at 10, sounds comes out from front speakers at 9 and 1 from rear.
If you change balance 100% to rear you can only hear 10% of volume level 10 which is very tiny. It feels like 2 desktop PC speakers and a tiny rear speaker which meant to be 10 (17 for premium) speakers surround sound system.
Sound quality itself is not bad at all just rear speakers not functioning as they supposed to do.
These two are my main concerns at the moment. They havent broke my heart yet because it is a great car.
7th generation LEXUS ES300H is a great vehicle to drive. Real life fuel consumption is 5 ~ 6 litres per 100km 50 litre full fuel tank range about 900 ~ 1000km(550 ~620 miles) depends how you drive.
ECO mode gives great economy , Normal is normal and SPORT mode real turns the car in different level. The sport mode allows faster and more aggressive throttle response unlike other hybrid cars IT GOES it feels more than 160kw(210HP)
WHO SAYS ALL CVT SUCKS ? I LOVE IT !!
and thanks to new chassis(GLK platform?) despite without adaptive dampers it corners nicely , dont get me wrong its not cornering machine like 86 or MX-5 but for its size and characteristic Very Impressive.
SEATS are super comfy , massive boot size , too many to show off..... sunroof and audio sob sob.... T T

The most of new generation models of all car makers have done mistakes.

DIFFERENCE IS IGNORE FOR PROFIT OR ADMIT & LEARN.

I HAVE FATE IN LEXUS.

Old 12-30-18, 12:00 PM
Car9
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello. I just bought an ES350 F-Sport in Matador Red Mica with black interior and following options:

Adaptive variable suspension with drive modes
Blind spot monitor w/rear cross traffic alert and parking assist w/auto braking
Triple beam LED headlights
Navigation/Mark Levinson audio package
F-sport heated leather steering wheel w/windshield wiper deicer and fast response interior heater
Trunk mat/cargo net/wheel locks, etc.

Lots to learn coming from an eleven year old vehicle.

Starting about one year ago I looked at different compact luxury sedans - Mercedes C class, Audi A4, BMW 3 series. I couldn't make up my mind so I quit looking. Then when I narrowed my choice to A4 AWD, it was not easy to find exterior color I liked with the upgraded stereo and ventilated seats (it's hot in Texas). Also, 2019 A4s just arrived (late December) at dealerships. I saw myself waiting months before I could find one. I didn't want to special order because I wanted to test drive the actual vehicle I would buy.

I was not familiar with Lexus. Where I live, lots of people own the IS model. I read that the IS has a mouse that's frustrating to use. So I wasn't sure about that. Then I saw something about a new for 2019 the ES350 F-sport. Looking at the local dealerships' inventory, I found that I could get everything I wanted and a red exterior. I didn't get my hopes up yet, because the ES is midsized, without AWD and I didn't really need a large back seat area. I went to look at it and did a test drive in a demo model that didn't have the navigation with the large screen.

The salesman then showed me the red one that had the navigation and all the things I wanted. I fell in love with it and bought it. Once getting it home, I really, really love it! The matador red mica is so pretty. The ventilated seats are great! Love the air blowing on me. Can't wait until it gets hot here (am I crazy?). Also I like the remote start, and, well everything!
bostonsnow (06-03-23)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 7ES owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!