IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Traded IS350 in on a M4

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-18, 11:10 PM
dblambo85
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Traded IS350 in on a M4

Well never thought I'd go back to BMW but I did lol... I wanted to get back in a coupe (no wife or kids). I looked at CPO RCF's for awhile and test drove ones with and without perf pkg. It was kinda hard to find them In very nice condition for a good price.
After drivingseveral I just felt like something was missing?! They just didn't have that certain aggressiveness that I was looking for which led me to cross shopping between other brands. Finally led me to BMW and I found a 15 CPO with DCT. Car had an 83k sticker new so it has most options. Im still not use to it, but I'm figuring it out slowly haha. I'm sure I'll be back in a lexus one day, but I hope they will make a few important changes to the performance line as technology advances

Old 08-21-18, 12:38 AM
Raghza
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats, that's a very nice car! Any pics of the interior?
I'm 100% a BMW guy myself, but I chose a Lexus as my daily driver due to reliability. Let's hope the M4 won't give you much troubles and you can enjoy it, since it's one hell of a car!
Old 08-21-18, 01:19 AM
jennypenny
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome car. I am looking at the C43 AMG as my replacement. If my promotion comes through, C43 soon!
Old 08-21-18, 06:39 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by jennypenny
Awesome car. I am looking at the C43 AMG as my replacement. If my promotion comes through, C43 soon!
The C43 is more of a 340 competitor. Not a real AMG. The C63 AMG is the full M4 competitor.

I'd go Audi RS3 in that performance segment though. I want something a little smaller
Old 08-21-18, 07:15 AM
Gsr3is
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Beautiful car. Congrats on the new ride. The new I6 turbo Engine in the M series is really really good. Have fun. Where are you in texas?
Old 08-21-18, 07:16 AM
dblambo85
Rookie

Originally Posted by Raghza
Congrats, that's a very nice car! Any pics of the interior?
I'm 100% a BMW guy myself, but I chose a Lexus as my daily driver due to reliability. Let's hope the M4 won't give you much troubles and you can enjoy it, since it's one hell of a car!
Thanks! Na I don't have a pic of the interior and I'm away from my car at the moment otherwise I'd take ome haha. It's got the all black extended merino leather though and some carbon fiber trim pieces. The infotainment system is sooo much better!! One thing I'll mention, even though the Harmon Kardon in the M4 sounds pretty good I believe the ML system sounds more clear.
I agree with you 100% on reliability as for a DD. This is kinda my back up daily lol. I'll prob keep it till close to end of warranty then trade or sell it
Old 08-21-18, 07:21 AM
dblambo85
Rookie

Originally Posted by Gsr3is
Beautiful car. Congrats on the new ride. The new I6 turbo Engine in the M series is really really good. Have fun. Where are you in texas?
Thanks I'm in the North Dallas area, yeah these are about a month old pics. I have since replaced the rear badge with a black M4. Also just added a Active Autowerkes Midpipe and Dinan Rear exhaust. Sounds deep and can hear turbo a lot more!!
Old 08-21-18, 10:45 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,079 Likes on 1,570 Posts

Great pick up. I prefer the coupe over the counterpart sedan. Usually it's the other way around for me but the F30/F80 sedan is SO SO dated.

It is a much better car than the RC-F.... I wish Lexus had taken the RC-F seriously but they were given a heavy platform and aging technology to work with so engineers did their best. I'd MUCH rater have a GS-F than RC-F. I hope the next RC-F is a much lighter, focused beast w/ a TT V6.

As far as performance cars, the RS4 would be the competitor to the M3/M4. The RS3 is a great great fast rocketship, but it's a bit tiny and the inside looks a bit on the lower end. Don't get me wrong I'd take an RS3 but if i was cross shopping against an M2, not an M4. M2 is more driver focused than RS3. The RS3 has a good size though. It's what the 3 series used to be in the old days. The proportions are slightly weird if you stare too long, though. On paper as far as lap times, these cars are very close to one another.
Old 08-21-18, 04:45 PM
dblambo85
Rookie

Originally Posted by E46CT
Great pick up. I prefer the coupe over the counterpart sedan. Usually it's the other way around for me but the F30/F80 sedan is SO SO dated.

It is a much better car than the RC-F.... I wish Lexus had taken the RC-F seriously but they were given a heavy platform and aging technology to work with so engineers did their best. I'd MUCH rater have a GS-F than RC-F. I hope the next RC-F is a much lighter, focused beast w/ a TT V6.

As far as performance cars, the RS4 would be the competitor to the M3/M4. The RS3 is a great great fast rocketship, but it's a bit tiny and the inside looks a bit on the lower end. Don't get me wrong I'd take an RS3 but if i was cross shopping against an M2, not an M4. M2 is more driver focused than RS3. The RS3 has a good size though. It's what the 3 series used to be in the old days. The proportions are slightly weird if you stare too long, though. On paper as far as lap times, these cars are very close to one another.
I also looked at RS model audi, love the setup on those but the looks just don't really appeal to me at the price point they are at IMO. I'd love to have an RS7 though haha that was out of my budget lol
Old 08-21-18, 05:58 PM
jennypenny
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
The C43 is more of a 340 competitor. Not a real AMG. The C63 AMG is the full M4 competitor.

I'd go Audi RS3 in that performance segment though. I want something a little smaller
Yes, I know that the C43 is not an AMG. But I think the main message is that existing Lexus owners moving away from the brand to look for performance.

I love the RS3, but you cannot get the RS3 new in the right specs in my country
Old 08-21-18, 07:45 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by jennypenny
Yes, I know that the C43 is not an AMG. But I think the main message is that existing Lexus owners moving away from the brand to look for performance.

I love the RS3, but you cannot get the RS3 new in the right specs in my country
Honestly, the C43 AMG is all you really need. It's still fast as hell and has that Mercedes class. I would personally pick an S4 in that category but wouldn't argue with anyone that prefers the C43. The current 340 is the worst in the category but the next gen is right around the corner.
Old 08-21-18, 08:51 PM
dakest
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats! very nice car I came to Lexus from BMW and I'm regretting it now!
Old 08-21-18, 09:15 PM
RKSTRAT
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Nice. But every other car around here is a BMW.
You need an AMG to get noticed. And even then, not so much.
Glad I am driving my IS. I get LOOKS!
Old 08-22-18, 06:51 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts

congrats on the M4!! i still love BMW & their styling as well especially the 3/4 series even on its current platform, however i still prefer the looks of the IS and i always get compliments stares and thumbs up everywhere i go. once my car is tuned i don’t feel like i’d need anything more
Old 08-22-18, 11:13 PM
jameshan
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Congrats. Great pick. That is my next car as well.

Quick Reply: Traded IS350 in on a M4