LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Fresh and clean

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-18, 06:38 PM
Cubbylex
Intermediate

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Fresh and clean

I just had a complete detail done today by Detail Werk in the Dallas area. They did come to the house and spent almost 3 hours washing, claying and hand waxing my 460. The interior was also cleaned snd detailed using Swissvox products. The wax is 50% carnuba and it really does bring out the sparkle of the mica. I hope the pictures show how nice it is.

Old 08-17-18, 09:16 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Hi CubbyLex, your car looks great! I forgot about all the nice options in your car. The dark matte wood trim looks awesome. How much did the whole detailing package cost?
The following users liked this post:
Cubbylex (08-19-18)
Old 08-17-18, 09:48 PM
Cubbylex
Intermediate

Hi

My apologies for not putting cost. This package was $350 plus tax. As with any detail place, they have several packages and options to chose from.

I liked thar they came to my home, but some packages require dropping your vehicle at their place of business. I believe the “new car detail” starts at 2500.00 and takes 3-5 days.

However a basic wash, dry, vac is about 60.00

Best

Old 08-17-18, 10:47 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Awesome job and awesome LS 460.
Cubbylex (08-18-18)
Old 08-18-18, 01:23 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 210 Likes on 188 Posts

sorry to rain on your parade.. looks great outside but seeing your cream interior reminds me on why I do not want a light interior.. I know prices are higher in the US.. but what exactly did they do to the interior? I can still see the staining and the dirt in the creases etc, at 350 and a mobile service I am guessing the interior is just a simple cleaning with no fixing of the leather issues etc? I have the same problems with my black leather and I will be getting them rectified.
Old 08-18-18, 08:33 AM
Kuhan
Pole Position

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Did they do a full paint correction in addition to wash and wax?

They car looks great for the year!
Cubbylex (08-18-18)
Old 08-18-18, 10:21 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Paint correction is expensive and takes more time. I doubt you can get all that for $350

The $2500 new car detail would include paint correction, ceramic coating and much more. Probably needs a couple of days too.
Cubbylex (08-18-18)
Old 08-18-18, 01:15 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by jdanielca
looks great outside but seeing your cream interior reminds me on why I do not want a light interior.. I know prices are higher in the US.. but what exactly did they do to the interior? I can still see the staining and the dirt in the creases etc, at 350 and a mobile service I am guessing the interior is just a simple cleaning with no fixing of the leather issues etc? I have the same problems with my black leather and I will be getting them rectified.
Luckily, black leather is a lot easier to clean and refinish than the lighter colors, so you should be OK there. The light color leather needs a lot of cleaning and there's not really a lot you can do with the creases/cracks other than repaint the leather.
Cubbylex (08-18-18)
Old 08-18-18, 02:37 PM
tlin
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That wood trim package looks phenomenal - love that matte finish and color combination.
Cubbylex (08-18-18)
Old 08-18-18, 04:42 PM
Cubbylex
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jdanielca
sorry to rain on your parade.. looks great outside but seeing your cream interior reminds me on why I do not want a light interior.. I know prices are higher in the US.. but what exactly did they do to the interior? I can still see the staining and the dirt in the creases etc, at 350 and a mobile service I am guessing the interior is just a simple cleaning with no fixing of the leather issues etc? I have the same problems with my black leather and I will be getting them rectified.
totally understand where u r coming from on leather. No, there was not leather repair in this price. It was clean and treat. I know it needs repair but it needed a full detail prior to having repair. It will be the front seat and the drivers side rear has a stain from clothing that will have to be corrected as well.

Also, there was no paint correction either, this is the original paint and I am second owner. Originally from California car and then here in Texas our weather isn’t too harsh.

Prior or to my ownership, the rear bumper had been redone from original purchaser backing into another object. So that paint isn’t original.

While I understand some people’s rejection of light interior, I don’t share that feeling because it gets too dang hot here in summer and it is adults that drive the car and we are very restrained in food items, like drinks only.

Anyway, I am happy and that’s what counts right?

Best
Old 08-18-18, 07:37 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Owning from new its pretty easy to keep the light interior nice, when buying used though its tougher. Regular cleaning would have kept those creases from forming,

Car looks great!
Cubbylex (08-19-18)
Old 08-19-18, 01:30 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 210 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Cubbylex

totally understand where u r coming from on leather. No, there was not leather repair in this price. It was clean and treat. I know it needs repair but it needed a full detail prior to having repair. It will be the front seat and the drivers side rear has a stain from clothing that will have to be corrected as well.

Also, there was no paint correction either, this is the original paint and I am second owner. Originally from California car and then here in Texas our weather isn’t too harsh.

Prior or to my ownership, the rear bumper had been redone from original purchaser backing into another object. So that paint isn’t original.

While I understand some people’s rejection of light interior, I don’t share that feeling because it gets too dang hot here in summer and it is adults that drive the car and we are very restrained in food items, like drinks only.

Anyway, I am happy and that’s what counts right?

Best
colour is all subjective haha personal taste hey i have an idea for you.... get quilted seat covers. I do not know of any american sites but have a look at what I mean on instagram: wellmats and cantra I think they might have cream or maybe something that could match nicely and you can avoid all this staining from clothes and it doesn't look 1/2 bad. I am gonna decide on one of them and get a set.
Cubbylex (08-19-18)
Old 08-19-18, 03:05 AM
Cubbylex
Intermediate

Hi Steve,

You are totally correct on the “from new”perspective.

I will be having the seats repaired so they look as good as new and then take care of them as they should have been.

The. Original purchaser apparently was a trust fund person, who wasn’t that concerned with it.

However, I am very grateful to have found it as I needed a bigger car interior with the dependability that Lexus offered. I know every vehicle has their own idiosyncrasies, but basically, after much research, the Lexus won me over.

Coming from American luxury cars, they just don’t have the touch and feel of quality this one does.

While I am unable to do a lot of diy things, I love this site because there is an amazing amount of good info to guide in taking care of our cars.

Thanks to all who contribute.

Best
Old 08-19-18, 05:20 AM
rick3242
Pit Crew

Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

that came out wonderful - I love that wood and interior color combinations. Will they travel to NC
Cubbylex (08-19-18)
Old 08-19-18, 07:41 AM
Fhobbs
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts

Ditto on the light interior being best in this southern heat.
Cubbylex (08-19-18)

Quick Reply: Fresh and clean