NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Tail Gate/ Tail light removal??????

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-18, 05:19 PM
klycambo
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Tail Gate/ Tail light removal??????

Seeing if anybody knows how or video some where to remove the the tail light on the tail gate? or remove the top portion of the tail gate where the Lexus symbol is. I'm trying to wrap my NX but I cannot find anybody or any instructions to take off everything.
Old 08-20-18, 08:02 AM
gompka
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by klycambo
Seeing if anybody knows how or video some where to remove the the tail light on the tail gate? or remove the top portion of the tail gate where the Lexus symbol is. I'm trying to wrap my NX but I cannot find anybody or any instructions to take off everything.
Tail lights you have to remove all the plastic trim, the long side pieces just snap off if you pull them, then i believe there are a few removable plastic doors with screws under them on the tail gate and then the plastic cover should snap off and you can get to the tail light bolts. Its also fairly easy to take the whole tail gate off, just a few bolts at the top hinges and the linear actuators.
Old 08-21-18, 08:10 PM
klycambo
Driver

Originally Posted by gompka
Tail lights you have to remove all the plastic trim, the long side pieces just snap off if you pull them, then i believe there are a few removable plastic doors with screws under them on the tail gate and then the plastic cover should snap off and you can get to the tail light bolts. Its also fairly easy to take the whole tail gate off, just a few bolts at the top hinges and the linear actuators.
Thanks for the reply. I gotten to the point where I took off the three bolts for the taillight piece on the tailgate but it seem like I need to take the top portion off first. I notice there are clips holding it but it doesn't seem like a simple process. Just trying to figure out the process. Here a picture for reference.
Old 08-24-18, 12:55 PM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Hope this helps
The following users liked this post:
Katrcf (08-28-18)
Old 08-30-18, 09:09 AM
klycambo
Driver

Originally Posted by skyshadow

Hope this helps
Thanks for the picture. I already remove those bolts before I got your picture but idk if I just pull really hard on it or something else. Do you happen to have more pictures of the assembly?
Old 08-30-18, 09:12 AM
gompka
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Most of the interior pieces just required a quick pull to get them to pop off, as long as you got the bolts out and all that is left is clips i would go to one corner and give it a quick tug.
Old 08-30-18, 10:25 AM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I do not have any more pics of that piece being removed. I will say that Gompka is correct. It looks like to me that you just have to release the clips. You can buy a clip tool or try like they are stating and tug on it.