GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS350 F-Sport Triple beam led headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-18, 07:17 AM
jonathanz
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default GS350 F-Sport Triple beam led headlights

Does anyone know why no dealer carry any Fsport with Triple beam headlights? trying to get back into GS but no dealers with triple beams.
Old 07-18-18, 07:37 AM
IndyIS
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I have them on mine and I love the way they look. But they're a pricey option, so I suspect a lot of builds coming from Japan don't have them mostly due to the additional cost it adds to the overall price - I'm sure it's a pricey option that a lot of folks would rather use towards other options, or aftermarket mods. Took me a while to find my car in the color and options, so yours is out there saying "come and get me come and get me" (quoting Duke from City Slickers).
Old 07-18-18, 07:38 AM
jonathanz
Advanced

Originally Posted by IndyIS
I have them on mine and I love the way they look. But they're a pricey option, so I suspect a lot of builds coming from Japan don't have them mostly due to the additional cost it adds to the overall price - I'm sure it's a pricey option that a lot of folks would rather use towards other options, or aftermarket mods. Took me a while to find my car in the color and options, so yours is out there saying "come and get me come and get me" (quoting Duke from City Slickers).
how did you start your search for triple beam? reach out to every Lexus dealers in your area?
Old 07-18-18, 08:01 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

you can search on Cars.com. Limit the results to F-Sport and at the bottom, there is an option to type in keywords. Type in "triple". Just a quick search, I'm seeing a few scattered about. My local dealer has one. Cincinnati has one, Milwaukee, Alaska...etc...
Old 07-18-18, 08:19 AM
jonathanz
Advanced

Originally Posted by jtrue28
you can search on Cars.com. Limit the results to F-Sport and at the bottom, there is an option to type in keywords. Type in "triple". Just a quick search, I'm seeing a few scattered about. My local dealer has one. Cincinnati has one, Milwaukee, Alaska...etc...

just tried the keyword "triple" search, didn't work. still other "PROJECT HEADLIGHT" show.
Old 07-18-18, 08:45 AM
IndyIS
Driver

cars.com is one way to search, which I also used, but I did my search a bit different than just typing "F-Sport" or "Triple Beam". I had my list of "must have options" (triple beams, Mark Levinson, power trunk, cold weather package, heated steering wheel - anything else in addition to these was just a "nice to have") plus I only wanted Smoky Granite Mica exterior, black interior, and it had to be an AWD F-Sport.

Since the triple beams are the most obvious option when looking at a car, I literally searched cars.com for AWD and narrowed down to gray and black exterior, with gray and black interior (some folks still call Smoky Granite Mica black, which is nuts to me). Then I scrolled down the page without clicking on any links looking for a picture of the car that had triple beams. If they didn't have triple beams, I didn't waste time clicking the listing. If there was no picture, I didn't click on the link either.

I also searched Google with "Lexus of... and inserted the state name, for example Lexus of Maryland since I don't know all the Lexus dealers around nor do I know the cities they're located. I then went to the dealer websites and searched for the new GS models. Most dealers don't have many in stock so was a quick hit to the website.

The way I ended up finding my actual car was a total fluke. I emailed one of the Lexus dealers in Maryland and the gal who answered my email said that car just sold. But said they give a 10%-12% discount off MSRP if I was willing to wait for the next car to arrive. I was intrigued... after a week, I called and the gal said nothing is on the way, however there are a couple they can "get in". After several more questions, she said they couldn't offer the same level of discount, which seemed odd. After probing, she slipped and said the car would be a dealer trade with either Lexus of Ann Arbor or Lexus of Lansing and that's why they don't offer any discount. Plus I had to pay them to transport the car to Maryland for me to buy. Oddly enough, she emailed me the vehicle spec sheet with the VIN for the car they would trade, and that spec sheet didn't have Lexus of Ann Arbor's name, it had Lexus of Rockville - they were passing it off as their own.

I didn't need any more of her time. I called Lexus of Ann Arbor directly... one day later I made the deal, 2 weeks later I flew to MI to pick it up and spent the Memorial Day weekend with family in Indiana before driving back to NC. Done.

What's all this mean? Well, you need to have patience, and you need to ask a lot of short, pertinent questions to find holes/changes in the story. And yes, this makes me sound like I'm losing my mind, but when you know what you want, you go after it by any means necessary. And yes, I absolutely drove my wife nuts with the constant "can you believe" or "how do you feel about a road trip to NYC?" commentary. I'll be holding on to the current car for a while
The following 2 users liked this post by IndyIS:
jonathanz (07-18-18), MOB561 (09-02-20)
Old 07-18-18, 08:48 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

You’re on the wrong coast. I am at my dealer right now. They have two F Sports, both with the triple beams.

The following 3 users liked this post by JDR76:
corpnupe85 (07-23-18), FSportOnly (07-28-20), MOB561 (09-02-20)
Old 07-18-18, 09:00 AM
jonathanz
Advanced

Originally Posted by IndyIS
cars.com is one way to search, which I also used, but I did my search a bit different than just typing "F-Sport" or "Triple Beam". I had my list of "must have options" (triple beams, Mark Levinson, power trunk, cold weather package, heated steering wheel - anything else in addition to these was just a "nice to have") plus I only wanted Smoky Granite Mica exterior, black interior, and it had to be an AWD F-Sport.

Since the triple beams are the most obvious option when looking at a car, I literally searched cars.com for AWD and narrowed down to gray and black exterior, with gray and black interior (some folks still call Smoky Granite Mica black, which is nuts to me). Then I scrolled down the page without clicking on any links looking for a picture of the car that had triple beams. If they didn't have triple beams, I didn't waste time clicking the listing. If there was no picture, I didn't click on the link either.

I also searched Google with "Lexus of... and inserted the state name, for example Lexus of Maryland since I don't know all the Lexus dealers around nor do I know the cities they're located. I then went to the dealer websites and searched for the new GS models. Most dealers don't have many in stock so was a quick hit to the website.

The way I ended up finding my actual car was a total fluke. I emailed one of the Lexus dealers in Maryland and the gal who answered my email said that car just sold. But said they give a 10%-12% discount off MSRP if I was willing to wait for the next car to arrive. I was intrigued... after a week, I called and the gal said nothing is on the way, however there are a couple they can "get in". After several more questions, she said they couldn't offer the same level of discount, which seemed odd. After probing, she slipped and said the car would be a dealer trade with either Lexus of Ann Arbor or Lexus of Lansing and that's why they don't offer any discount. Plus I had to pay them to transport the car to Maryland for me to buy. Oddly enough, she emailed me the vehicle spec sheet with the VIN for the car they would trade, and that spec sheet didn't have Lexus of Ann Arbor's name, it had Lexus of Rockville - they were passing it off as their own.

I didn't need any more of her time. I called Lexus of Ann Arbor directly... one day later I made the deal, 2 weeks later I flew to MI to pick it up and spent the Memorial Day weekend with family in Indiana before driving back to NC. Done.

What's all this mean? Well, you need to have patience, and you need to ask a lot of short, pertinent questions to find holes/changes in the story. And yes, this makes me sound like I'm losing my mind, but when you know what you want, you go after it by any means necessary. And yes, I absolutely drove my wife nuts with the constant "can you believe" or "how do you feel about a road trip to NYC?" commentary. I'll be holding on to the current car for a while
sound like an journey but deff worth the time, i know the exact specs i want since i had an 2015 GS350 F sport AWD before, as of this time i would like an FULLY loaded GS350 F sport RWD.
since I had white before, i would go with Blue with Red but i'm willing to settle White with red and I located one in MD"link below".
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5876/overview/
Old 07-18-18, 09:01 AM
jonathanz
Advanced

Originally Posted by JDR76

You’re on the wrong coast. I am at my dealer right now. They have two F Sports, both with the triple beams.

haha, geez, thanks for sharing, good thing they aren't blue or else i might fly myself over!
The following users liked this post:
MOB561 (09-02-20)
Old 07-18-18, 09:01 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

have you tried contacting a local dealer? Looks like typical price for AWD, F-Sport with triple beam lights will run around $59K MSRP. You could try sorting it that way and look at the photos. Not sure what part of NY you're in, but there are likely a ton of dealerships around you.
Old 07-18-18, 09:04 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

The F-Sport in Milwaukee is blue...and that is the only one in the US currently with triple led lights...(blue, that is)
Old 07-18-18, 09:15 AM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

If you have time to wait just custome order 😁 my msrp was only 3k more for lights DRS and HUD to be added compared to the top end cars in stock (60k vs 57k). I negotiated 5k off before incentives on custom order because another dealership said they would give any discounts on a new car on the custom order or my local dealer matched that offer.
Old 07-18-18, 09:52 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

yeah, better hurry though. I think the last day to get an order in is 20th of the month. If they get it in, in time, add 5 months. So likely get a 2019 model...
Old 07-18-18, 10:07 AM
IndyIS
Driver

Originally Posted by jonathanz
sound like an journey but deff worth the time, i know the exact specs i want since i had an 2015 GS350 F sport AWD before, as of this time i would like an FULLY loaded GS350 F sport RWD.
since I had white before, i would go with Blue with Red but i'm willing to settle White with red and I located one in MD"link below".
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5876/overview/
A couple times I considered settling and getting a SGM with red interior since I could find plenty of them, but really didn't want the red interior since my 2013 had the cabernet interior. I'm so glad I held out because I love my 2018! If you happen to locate a blue on red in the Raleigh area, I'm glad to go look at them for you and shoot over pics if needed.
Old 07-18-18, 10:08 AM
jonathanz
Advanced

wow, thanks for the tips guys, time to reach out to my local dealer!

Quick Reply: GS350 F-Sport Triple beam led headlights