Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2015 IS350 hesitation at lower RPM from take off

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-18, 02:54 PM
RShaklford
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 IS350 hesitation at lower RPM from take off

I知 really not sure if this is normal or not. I have a 2015 IS350 with 24k miles on it. I bought it about six months ago. I love it. But I致e noticed if I知 at a dead stop and I try to floor it, it値l take a second for it to respond, and then the acceleration up until about 4K rpm just seems kinda lacking. Once I hit 20 mph it takes off just like I would expect it to from flooring it. I have it in sport mode almost always. I always turn the traction control off. I tried resetting the ECU but it didn稚 really seem like it did much. There seems to be some major lag in the throttle response. Idk if this is what I知 noticing. I could be driving though. And just stomp the pedal to the floor and let back up. And if I did it quick enough the engine would respond minimally if at all. Could it be my TPS? Someone told me maybe a dirty MAF but I just feel like a car with so few miles on it makes that unlikely. Maybe this is just how the cars run and I知 being nit picky. Idk. Suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
Old 07-16-18, 03:52 PM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Not sure champ. I seen a similar thread posted before. In the mean time are you under warranty?
Old 07-16-18, 04:23 PM
RShaklford
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by WhyHateTho
Not sure champ. I seen a similar thread posted before. In the mean time are you under warranty?
Yeah, for quite a while.
Old 07-16-18, 07:24 PM
Oberon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RShaklford

Yeah, for quite a while.
Consider the RR racing tune. I have an is300 AWD, 2GR-FSE, same engine. Greatly reduced the throttle lag for me; lots of 350 owners on here feel that way as well.
Old 07-16-18, 09:29 PM
RShaklford
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Oberon
Consider the RR racing tune. I have an is300 AWD, 2GR-FSE, same engine. Greatly reduced the throttle lag for me; lots of 350 owners on here feel that way as well.
That would void my warranty though right?
Old 07-17-18, 04:23 AM
Oberon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RShaklford

That would void my warranty though right?
Yeah it would.... Sorry honestly forgot aboutot that. When I got it though, Rafi offered to give me a tune that doesn't increase the rev limit. Peak power is supposedly before the 7.2k, according to other forum members. Since you can flash back and forth easily, I can't imagine how they could detect it if you haven't gone over the factory rev limit. May be worth thinking about.

I went ahead and raised the rev limit, even though I'm under warranty (13k). It may be short-sighted but I've had no power train issues with Toyota products ever, much less under 50k.
Old 07-17-18, 07:55 AM
RShaklford
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Oberon
Yeah it would.... Sorry honestly forgot aboutot that. When I got it though, Rafi offered to give me a tune that doesn't increase the rev limit. Peak power is supposedly before the 7.2k, according to other forum members. Since you can flash back and forth easily, I can't imagine how they could detect it if you haven't gone over the factory rev limit. May be worth thinking about.

I went ahead and raised the rev limit, even though I'm under warranty (13k). It may be short-sighted but I've had no power train issues with Toyota products ever, much less under 50k.
I知 pretty sure they can see how many times you致e flashed the ECU and log it whenever they do it themselves after you bring it in. I知 not sure whether they would be able to deny your warranty if they see you致e flashed the ECU before you brought it in though.
Old 07-25-18, 12:53 AM
jay90011
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

To resolve that lag you are experiencing you have two options.
1. Disconnect the battery terminals for 15 minutes to reset the ecu. The ecu will begin to learn your driving habits the first 100 miles after the reset.
2. You can buy and install the apexi throttle controller.

I have option two with the rr racing tune and no longer have that lag. The throttle controller also does not void your warranty.