RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel + Goodies!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-18, 02:44 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel + Goodies!!!

I just got notice that my custom steering wheel is on its way to me! Here are some photos of the completed wheel with some extra goodies! I asked for circuit red leather with black stitching, black carbon (y trim, steering buttons, paddle shifters with red (+,-), and carbon shifter. Will update with new steering wheel installed once iI receive it ASAP!!! I love this guys work, he did my CF mirrors (replacement kind not cheap overlay with 3M tape) and the work was flawless, so I pulled the trigger on this one and this looks amazing!!! Look for him on IG at Elvin_6188, I've seen other steering wheels he's done in person and the quality is top notch. It's a tad more pricey than some other places that sell these steering wheels, but he uses OEM Lexus parts so thats why the quality is so high and why I chose to go with him. Also, no one else offers the carbon paddle shifters and full carbon shift **** and I personally think they are bad freaking ***!!!

Last edited by mjn88; 07-14-18 at 03:09 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by mjn88:
1BAD4DR (07-14-18), BossMoss (07-16-18), elvin6188 (07-16-18)
Old 07-14-18, 04:53 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Sweet!

Elvin Wong right?
Saw his stuff on the FB RCF/GSF Society and he sure as hell makes great gear! I sent him all my specs via email too. I'm anxious to see n hear if that Circuit Red truly matches up w the interior? Read it may be a tad lighter but very close. Like the CF Paddle touch. That stuff will look stunning and I look forward to seeing pics of it all installed!!
Congrats M !
Old 07-14-18, 05:08 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Elvin Wong right?
Saw his stuff on the FB RCF/GSF Society and he sure as hell makes great gear! I sent him all my specs via email too. I'm anxious to see n hear if that Circuit Red truly matches up w the interior? Read it may be a tad lighter but very close. Like the CF Paddle touch. That stuff will look stunning and I look forward to seeing pics of it all installed!!
Congrats M !
Thanks! And yeah he said the leather should be a 90% match. The quality of his work is top notch, I highly recommend him. I got a few more surprises coming this coming week! Can't wait to reveal it!
Old 07-14-18, 05:11 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Awesome!

Originally Posted by mjn88
Thanks! And yeah he said the leather should be a 90% match. The quality of his work is top notch, I highly recommend him. I got a few more surprises coming this coming week! Can't wait to reveal it!
I totally agree on his work!

Forgive my bluntness, but exactly what is it you do for a living M? Your taste for the extreme Carbon Fiber equals what I once had on my line of high end Ducati's! Stunning!
Old 07-14-18, 05:16 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
I totally agree on his work!

Forgive my bluntness, but exactly what is it you do for a living M? Your taste for the extreme Carbon Fiber equals what I once had on my line of high end Ducati's! Stunning!
I'm in the real estate business. I'm 29 year old college drop out. I manage a few residential homes, as well as a few transitional sober living homes, out in Orange County. Trust me, i'm not super rich, i'm just able to do research and get lucky enough with good deals!
The following users liked this post:
mistermatt (10-21-20)
Old 07-14-18, 09:15 AM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Whoooooly crap that is awesome. I was wondering about the CF shift paddles and shift ****. Can you pm me a pic of your mirror replacements in CF and price? Thanks I’m CA are you I’m in Whittier.
Old 07-14-18, 12:20 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Elvin is awesome! He did my steering wheel, which was the first Blue Carbon fiber one he ever did! Congrats on your new goodies!!
Old 07-14-18, 02:34 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1BAD4DR
Whoooooly crap that is awesome. I was wondering about the CF shift paddles and shift ****. Can you pm me a pic of your mirror replacements in CF and price? Thanks I’m CA are you I’m in Whittier.

Here are some pics i took from today! You can also check out my instagram at mjn_88
I paid $400 for the replacement mirrors, these mirrors aren't the 3M taped mirrors, they replace the original housing. You cannot buy the carbon paddles or carbon shift **** alone. Elvin only sells them as a package with the carbon steering wheel. The quality of the parts he makes are incredible though! He makes the best carbon steering wheels i've ever seen IMO. Check out his work on his IG

Last edited by mjn88; 07-14-18 at 02:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
elvin6188 (07-16-18)
Old 07-15-18, 10:42 AM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Looks beautiful man! Can't wait to see it on the car
Old 07-15-18, 03:28 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Looking good, I really like those mirrors. Much better than taped on covers. I got in touch with him today to price a few items. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-15-18, 03:45 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SoSlow
Looking good, I really like those mirrors. Much better than taped on covers. I got in touch with him today to price a few items. Thanks for sharing.
No problem! Sharing is caring! I got some crazy things coming up for the F very soon!!
Old 07-15-18, 06:21 PM
TRANC3
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

@mjn88 looks great!

What did you use to tint the rear lights?
Old 07-15-18, 06:44 PM
Katrcf
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks great. I’m in hunt bch so Oc as well. I’d love my girl to see your car in person so she can decide on the mirrors. She keeps going back and forth. Any chance of buying you lunch at the beach one day?
Old 07-15-18, 10:58 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TRANC3
@mjn88 looks great!

What did you use to tint the rear lights?
Im not sure if it's tinted vinyl or window tint film. I got it done at Templar wraps. I think it might be window tint film because of the thickness.
Old 07-15-18, 11:00 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Katrcf
Looks great. I’m in hunt bch so Oc as well. I’d love my girl to see your car in person so she can decide on the mirrors. She keeps going back and forth. Any chance of buying you lunch at the beach one day?
Hahah you don't gotta buy me lunch but I will be more than glad to show you the mirrors. I would highly recommend them over the cheap 3M taped ones on ebay but it all depends on your budget. These mirrors cost $400 shipped by Elvin. His carbon work is excellent. Message me on IG it's mjn_88

Quick Reply: Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel + Goodies!!!