RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

I'm getting F'ed up tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-18, 02:47 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default I'm getting F'ed up tomorrow!

I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve. Car is being delivered tomorrow morning. Funny, 3 months ago, I didn't know what the RC-F was. But as soon I found out what it was, I knew I had to have one. 2 months of serious looking and planning and now just 1 more get up and she will be here. Pretty sure new wheels and exhaust will be on the short list, but overall, the car seems to be very nice as is. Undecided on the suspension, I only drove one for about 20 mins. I love that it's such a unique and rare car.
The following users liked this post:
Katrcf (06-24-18)
Old 06-22-18, 03:01 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Good luck! Should be fun learning a new car as there will be definitely a learning curve there. After being worried for several months, I can now push the car very hard in the corner into progressive oversteer putting the TVD to test, which I could never dare to in the beginning.

I agree with modifications as other than more aggressive/roll resistant performance tires and desperate need for a great sounding exhaust, the car is perfect as it is. I have no urge to modify anything other than those two.
Old 06-23-18, 12:24 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Congratulations

Good on you man.
2017 with Wheels, Tires, and as of this week Armytrix Valvetronic Exhaust!

To be continued.....
Old 06-23-18, 12:29 PM
bob67
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Like me, unaware that a RCF ever existed, just RC-350/F's. Was looking at a RC-350, when one of the salespeople came on by and said for a few thousand more, take a look at this one down the next row, and compare what you would be getting!
Test drove that RCF, liked it, bought it!
Old 06-23-18, 01:04 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts

post pics when you take delivery!
Old 06-23-18, 01:44 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Pretty sweet ride. Needs a good detail, their poor attempt probably did more damage than good. Polish left in all the seams and around the clear film. Couple more rock chips than I expected. Appears lowered, but can't see how without pulling a wheel. I know there isn't a spare, but is there supposed to be a lug wrench and jack? I got nuttin. Sure is fun to drive. I can see an exhaust is needed. Didn't come with any owner manuals, is there a link to download them?

Old 06-23-18, 03:01 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

Received 171 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by SoSlow
Pretty sweet ride. Needs a good detail, their poor attempt probably did more damage than good. Polish left in all the seams and around the clear film. Couple more rock chips than I expected. Appears lowered, but can't see how without pulling a wheel. I know there isn't a spare, but is there supposed to be a lug wrench and jack? I got nuttin. Sure is fun to drive. I can see an exhaust is needed. Didn't come with any owner manuals, is there a link to download them?
Here's the manuals:

https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive...nuals-warranty

And you should have various items in the trunk, under the floor:

Old 06-23-18, 03:38 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, definitely lowered. I can confirm now. Did it come with stock springs? I would get rid of the springs, since you never know what type they are. Most of the springs for RCF are garbage (except, maybe swift springs) and have poor spring rates. Coil overs is the right way to do it.

Rock chips are easy to fix DIY. Takes hardwork and patience, but you can get it to look perfect and flawless. Here is my thread on two rock chips I repaired and the end result:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...d-results.html
Old 06-23-18, 03:40 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Looks like from your pics this RCF got the OEM "base wheels"? There are three levels of wheels. They are all forged 19 inch OEM made by BBS in Japan's Lexus factory.

I can't tell if your RCF is lowered?

Under the floor boards in the trunk you should find the jack and tools needed to take the wheel off. There is no spare tire. There is a "repair kit" and an "air pump" which is not much help if your tire is managed beyond repair.

Safety is a must. Please read the following:
https://www.popularmechanics.com/car...a3663/4283377/

Pay close attention to where the jack contact points are located. It's in the car's owners manual. I realized you said you don't have any. So I'll try to explain.

I would advise NOT getting under the car if the ONLY thing you got holding up the car is the jack. You will need proper jack stands at the proper support car points BEFORE getting under the car. Also properly placed wheel chokes/blocks to prevent the car from rolling. I use a TRIPLE redundancy system. The jack, at least two jack stands properly placed (I usually use 4 jack stands), and two cement/concrete blocks placed on each side (driver and passenger) just under one of the car's "frame railings" without touching it. This is in case of a catastrophic failure of all supports used already to hold up the car.

The following picture is for an IS and GS. But the oribcprinis the same.

Some will argue that the "pinch wield" points will not be strong enough to jack up the car and will bend. I have done this at least half a dozen times to change my oil in my RCF without any problems and no bending. Some also argued to use a specialized block or just cut a groove in a hockey puck. I just use my floor jack and lift the RCF carefully without any problems at the jack points described in the owners manual.

Old 06-23-18, 03:54 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,291 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Looks like from your pics this RCF got the OEM "base wheels"? There are three levels of wheels. They are all forged 19 inch OEM made by BBS in Japan's Lexus factory.
The early RCF base wheels are the best looking wheels IMHO. I have 'em on my ISF The later base wheels do nothing for me and the optional wheels are far to hard to clean and again, IMHO, do not belong on the car.

Lou
Old 06-23-18, 05:03 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Definitely no tools, no jack. They put a slime kit with compressor back there. I can manage, but making a list of non disclosed items and stuff like this that should have been included so that I can be compensated during my 7 day period. I have a floor jack and a ranger quick jack for lifting the car, but it would be a good idea to have a stock one in the car, just in case. Not having a tow hook could be an issue. At least they didn't put locking lugs on the wheels without a key.

I prefer these wheels to any of the other mega spoke wheels. The split 7 spoke wheels from 17 look nice though.

Rolla - nice work on the touch up. Rainy here today, haven't even had a chance to wash it and get a real idea of what is what. All things considered, the issues I have are minor.
The following users liked this post:
Lend0 (06-01-20)
Old 06-23-18, 08:04 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

Received 171 Likes on 100 Posts

Definitely no tools, no jack. They put a slime kit with compressor back there. I can manage, but making a list of non disclosed items and stuff like this that should have been included so that I can be compensated during my 7 day period. I have a floor jack and a ranger quick jack for lifting the car, but it would be a good idea to have a stock one in the car, just in case. Not having a tow hook could be an issue. At least they didn't put locking lugs on the wheels without a key.

I prefer these wheels to any of the other mega spoke wheels. The split 7 spoke wheels from 17 look nice though.

Rolla - nice work on the touch up. Rainy here today, haven't even had a chance to wash it and get a real idea of what is what. All things considered, the issues I have are minor.
I just got a Quickjack myself, makes life a lot easier.

I did have trouble lifting this car the first time since the frame of the quickjack was pushing into the plastic underbody covers and I didn't want to crush whatever was under there. I ended up cutting some sections of 2x6s plus using the pinch weld lift blocks they sell...works well. Please be careful the first time you use your quickjack.

I have a low profile floor jack, but it wasn't low profile enough to get under the front and reach the lift point there....
Old 06-24-18, 06:19 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

You are absolutely right about the hard to clean part! PITA!!! Thank goodness my OEM wheels (the middle trim) are dark in color so hides the brake dust a bit.

Originally Posted by flowrider
The early RCF base wheels are the best looking wheels IMHO. I have 'em on my ISF The later base wheels do nothing for me and the optional wheels are far to hard to clean and again, IMHO, do not belong on the car.

Lou
Old 06-24-18, 03:28 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Yeah, definitely lowered. I can confirm now. Did it come with stock springs? I would get rid of the springs, since you never know what type they are. Most of the springs for RCF are garbage (except, maybe swift springs) and have poor spring rates. Coil overs is the right way to do it.

Rock chips are easy to fix DIY. Takes hardwork and patience, but you can get it to look perfect and flawless. Here is my thread on two rock chips I repaired and the end result:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...d-results.html
The springs are RS*R brand. The drop looks nice and the ride isn't rough. Verdict still out, but they seem to be a reliable company. Also the rear has 5mm spacers, looks nice and flush. Front doesn't have spacers. I will probably leave everything as is for awhile. I will replace the wheels and get the right offset to eliminate the rear spacers and bring the front wheels out some. An exhaust will come first, all I hear is a little intake, no exhaust. V8 needs to be heard.
Old 06-24-18, 04:26 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

The springs are RS*R brand. The drop looks nice and the ride isn't rough. Verdict still out, but they seem to be a reliable company. Also the rear has 5mm spacers, looks nice and flush. Front doesn't have spacers. I will probably leave everything as is for awhile. I will replace the wheels and get the right offset to eliminate the rear spacers and bring the front wheels out some. An exhaust will come first, all I hear is a little intake, no exhaust. V8 needs to be heard.
Yeah, those are the one's I referred to as "garbage" springs. Did you get the alignment checked? With such a big drop, alignment goes off typically. RSR spring rates are fairly poor compared to stock. Swift springs are much better in this respect. A member on this board, blew his front two shocks when he was on RSR super downs. The springs don't match the valving of the OEM shocks well. I have had such experience on my daily driver car with Tein H-techs blowing my shocks. Possibly, you might experience some softness/understeer while pushing the car due to tendency of such springs to "plough" in a tight turn.

Quick Reply: I'm getting F'ed up tomorrow!