Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

anyone going to the NYC Lexus event

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-18, 05:28 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts
Default anyone going to the NYC Lexus event

oddly I got an email yesterday, and it's Memorial Day weekend. Let's see if my wife will approve, but I signed us up for Sunday. The last time I attended a Lexus event was in summer 2005, at Belmont Raceway. The LS500 is called a street drive, but appears they have autocross setup with the RCF and LC's. Suddenly something kicked in at the marketing department, and I got the test drive offer and invite to this event.
Old 05-18-18, 05:37 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,168 Likes on 863 Posts

This must be an invitation-only type event - do you have any more details or link/web info on it?
Old 05-18-18, 01:19 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Yes I registered to go depends on the weather. I went to one last year at Belmont Park when LC was launched. Will report on how it goes.

BMW and Cadillac are running similar events all few weeks apart.

Last edited by RNM GS3; 05-18-18 at 01:23 PM.
Old 05-18-18, 01:43 PM
MelF1fan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I signed up for Sunday. I did Belmont park last year. That F event was great. If this years is anywhere close, it will be worth it.

I also will be attending the BMW event the Thursday before at the Meadowlands. These are all by invite. (i've owned both brands though not necessary to get invited).
Old 05-18-18, 02:05 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 152 Posts

ehhhh.. if they are offering the $7k F-model certificates, I'll make the 4 hours drive.
Old 05-18-18, 03:15 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm going to BMW event in Jersey on Sunday. Havent been to a Lexus event since probably 2007 or so.
Old 05-20-18, 07:19 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Yes I registered to go depends on the weather. I went to one last year at Belmont Park when LC was launched. Will report on how it goes.

BMW and Cadillac are running similar events all few weeks apart.
Odd, the last one I went to was Belmont in 2005. I don't know what happened all these years, and suddenly I got this and the Lexus test drive offer. The interesting thing, is that the Lexus test drive is at the dealer 3 miles from my house. That is "not" the one I registered to in Lexus Drivers. For BMW and Caddy it has to be across the river, but for Lexus, my wife gave the green light. Actually booked a hotel lol and need to get out the NY E-ZPass and put the NJ in the esd bag. meaning with hotel we can spend Sat. as well in NYC.
Old 05-20-18, 07:24 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MelF1fan
I signed up for Sunday. I did Belmont park last year. That F event was great. If this years is anywhere close, it will be worth it.

I also will be attending the BMW event the Thursday before at the Meadowlands. These are all by invite. (i've owned both brands though not necessary to get invited).
I don't know if you noticed, but the confirmations seem to have gone downhill. I signed up for a BMW thing at the Phila. Cricket Club. Never got any confirmation so I said never mind. Then I got a voicemail we're sorry we missed you? (I know the obvious would be spam folder etc.). Some co. out of Greenwich CT handles BMW and if you need something I feel they don't do a good job. Last year I was registered for 2 time slots and they did attempt to reach me by cell to cancel one slot, so that was good. I just mean that the confirmations should be more automated. Porsche was very good, but here we go again, haven't been invited since 2015...

p.s. you guys twisted my arm I registered for the Caddy at Citi Field, Sunday 17th. More looking forward to Lexus since it's been so long, and will like to see how they handle the autocross. imho BMW is king, we did the 540's in the pouring rain. Porsche? I asked the guy, any tips? "Always on the gas, or brakes, never coasting." He was so disinterested!

p.p.s. the confirm is East Rutherford, not Citi Field? Perfect. It starts out saying Citi Field, but next step Met Life. Our slot was rained out last year, so might as well esp. since it's on the NJ side.

Last edited by Johnhav430; 05-20-18 at 07:57 AM.
Old 05-22-18, 11:35 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

what is this event called?
Old 05-23-18, 07:56 AM
isekii
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This event is called the Lexus Driving Tour.
It's happening at Citifield Parking lot.
I'll be there Saturday. Hopefully they have some certs considering the GS-F since my GS 350 FSport Lease is coming up at the end of december.
Old 05-23-18, 08:23 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

I am very much looking forward to it, skipped the BMW and did sign up for Caddy, but most excited about this one. Why not check out the LS500 street drive (this is I believe around the field and not on a course), and then see what a Lexus can do in an autocross? And like some others here, have not been to a Lexus event since 2005. Maybe in 11 yrs. I get a 2018 LS500, never say never (but I doubt it and I don't want to be 11 yrs. older for just a car lol)

edit p.s. the email has no info other than an acknoledgement (say people crash the event--they do at BMW), and I signed up my wife. At least GM generated a scannable barcode for check-in/registration. Lexus should automate a little better...

Last edited by Johnhav430; 05-23-18 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-23-18, 04:08 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

I signed up for 2pm on Friday, since Sat and Sun are full. Should be less people too on a weekday.

Went to BMW event on Sunday, it was a total blast!
Old 05-25-18, 05:03 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Was there at 2pm today, pretty cool event. My wife and I were the only two people there today, so we got a lot of attention!
Old 05-25-18, 11:07 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I was there earlier today for the 10 am event, it's pretty cool, they even record you when your driving the LC500 on the autocross, you are first you watch a short video , then you're able to drive around in the LS500 around Citifield\Flushing Meadows Park in a convoy , then get to drive the RC-F, and LC500 on a autocross, then drive the hybrids, then the gas powered RX350 & NX. Surprised to see they had the 2019 ES 350 on display and UX was not expecting that. I was in a rush so wasn't really able to spend any time inside the new ES 350. The BMW event I previously attended at the same location was a little different because you're actually allowed to take out on the streets on your own , the downside people took advantage of the cars, like push it to the limit that the NYPD took notice and pulled over some drivers, or go around twice on the loop or purposely drive away from the pre programmed loop, so you would have to wait for a specific car sometimes longer than the other.
Old 05-26-18, 05:10 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexusChris
I was there earlier today for the 10 am event, it's pretty cool, they even record you when your driving the LC500 on the autocross, you are first you watch a short video , then you're able to drive around in the LS500 around Citifield\Flushing Meadows Park in a convoy , then get to drive the RC-F, and LC500 on a autocross, then drive the hybrids, then the gas powered RX350 & NX. Surprised to see they had the 2019 ES 350 on display and UX was not expecting that. I was in a rush so wasn't really able to spend any time inside the new ES 350. The BMW event I previously attended at the same location was a little different because you're actually allowed to take out on the streets on your own , the downside people took advantage of the cars, like push it to the limit that the NYPD took notice and pulled over some drivers, or go around twice on the loop or purposely drive away from the pre programmed loop, so you would have to wait for a specific car sometimes longer than the other.
I first mistaked the new ES for the new LS. This is probably the best looking ES Lexus ever built.

Quick Reply: anyone going to the NYC Lexus event