LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Long time GS owner and LS lurker, finally a LS owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-18, 12:35 PM
whytry
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Long time GS owner and LS lurker, finally a LS owner

Hello all,

ive has several GS’s over the years and recently a 750li, before finally picking up a 2013 LS460L. It’s being delivered so I have a couple days until it arrives but I wanted to post up and ask about must do mods... It’s got air suspension and the rear console has the reclining seats and superset controls , not executive package setup so I know I want the controller to tie into the factory setup, and the Oliver exhaust setup to give it a little more rumble and of course tinted windows. But other that that what else would you guys steer me towards mod wise?

Wheels as well, but wheels will be a little bit unless I find something I can’t pass up...

Last edited by whytry; 05-24-18 at 09:59 PM. Reason: My bad. Not executive package....
The following users liked this post:
corpnupe85 (06-21-18)
Old 05-15-18, 12:59 PM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

Nice , congrats. You can do the DVD/Nav bypass. I've had good luck with Beatsonic products
Old 05-15-18, 01:44 PM
whytry
Advanced

Originally Posted by JLAWS
Nice , congrats. You can do the DVD/Nav bypass. I've had good luck with Beatsonic products
in terms of the bypass. Which one are you using? Can I or is there one that allows to show what’s on my phone/Ipad thru the bypass?
Old 05-15-18, 03:14 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Hi Whytry, congrats on your 2013 460L. You are in for a treat, with many miles and years of driving pleasure! Looking forward to pictures inside and out.

As for mods, these are the ones I have done.

iPhone mirroring with Beatsonic kit
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...nt-camera.html

Lloyd Luxe Mats with Lexus logo
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...exus-logo.html

Painting grille black
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...l-edition.html

Installing a metal dead pedal
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...pedal-mod.html

Installing OEM mudguards
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ud-guards.html

I have also done the window tints (35% all around, 20% rear).
Old 05-15-18, 03:55 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,501 Likes on 1,804 Posts

Congrats! And the executive package too, thats really something special.
Old 05-16-18, 08:23 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by whytry
Hello all,

ive has several GS’s over the years and recently a 750li, before finally picking up a 2013 LS460L. It’s being delivered so I have a couple days until it arrives but I wanted to post up and ask about must do mods... It’s the executive package and air suspension setup so I know I want the controller to tie into the factory setup, and the Oliver exhaust setup to give it a little more rumble and of course tinted windows. But other that that what else would you guys steer me towards mod wise?

Wheels as well, but wheels will be a little bit unless I find something I can’t pass up...
The first mod I did was a staggered wheel and tire setup (20"). You can see my signature for the other bits I did. I find one of the best mods was the bypass module. Looks wise, the side view mirrors and tail lights brought my 08 into the more modern/updated look

Welcome to the dark side.
Old 05-16-18, 10:05 AM
whytry
Advanced

Thanks everybody! I have loved this car for awhile now and finally am part of the dark side.

Wheels are a must, just have to decide on what ones. I will post up pictures it’s delivered
Old 05-16-18, 12:16 PM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Hello all,

ive has several GS’s over the years and recently a 750li, before finally picking up a 2013 LS460L. It’s being delivered so I have a couple days until it arrives but I wanted to post up and ask about must do mods... It’s the executive package and air suspension setup so I know I want the controller to tie into the factory setup, and the Oliver exhaust setup to give it a little more rumble and of course tinted windows. But other that that what else would you guys steer me towards mod wise?

Congrats and welcome! Wow, an L with executive package is a very rare find! I'm personally not into too many mods but the one that I'm planning on doing is adding the following Grom Audio VLine 2 for Google maps/Waze, music apps, etc. It's not a nav bypass though. Good luck and enjoy!
https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/le...nt_system.html
Old 05-16-18, 10:55 PM
whytry
Advanced

Wow looks like I got some researching to do to figure out best options for iPhone integration.

and thank you! I hope to post some
pictures as soon as it’s at my house!!
Old 05-22-18, 06:01 PM
whytry
Advanced

I’m trying to figure out the data systems controller for the factory airbags. I know the box I need, ASC680,but what harness is it? I can’t figure it out. Is it the H-087G?
Old 05-22-18, 08:01 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

I’m trying to figure out the data systems controller for the factory airbags. I know the box I need, ASC680,but what harness is it? I can’t figure it out. Is it the H-087G?
Have you received the car yet? Looks like you are planning some interesting mods, so it would be great to see how your car looks now!

I believe the harness is H-087G. It's listed in CJITTY's first post on his thread.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...fo-thread.html
Old 05-23-18, 12:56 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

whytry - Nice find. I would have probably held off to find an executive. But with 5 in the family, a 4 seater would have been difficult.

Some tasty mods in my opinion? Tinted windows, ASC (I'm glad the local guys talked me into, it sits too high in stock form), prestigious society by-pass, oh and what else ... hmmmmm ... oh yeah, Exhaust Vents. My car is so satisfying now. To look at and listen to.
Old 05-24-18, 10:02 PM
whytry
Advanced

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
whytry - Nice find. I would have probably held off to find an executive. But with 5 in the family, a 4 seater would have been difficult.

Some tasty mods in my opinion? Tinted windows, ASC (I'm glad the local guys talked me into, it sits too high in stock form), prestigious society by-pass, oh and what else ... hmmmmm ... oh yeah, Exhaust Vents. My car is so satisfying now. To look at and listen to.

oops not executive package. My bad everybody......

Ilike like your thinking! I'm going to order th double stacks for it too. I got some ideas for wheels but nothing in stone yet.

for tint - 5% rear, 20 doors, and 35 front windshield.......
Old 05-25-18, 06:17 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,501 Likes on 1,804 Posts

35 front windshield?!? Aggressive lol
Old 05-25-18, 09:43 AM
whytry
Advanced

Originally Posted by SW17LS
35 front windshield?!? Aggressive lol
Yeah, maybe little but I have a "skin condition" so per my Dr. I can have every window in my vehicles tinted and not get a ticket for it. All of my previous cars had tinted windshields as well.

Quick Reply: Long time GS owner and LS lurker, finally a LS owner