ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-18, 02:36 PM
Crazybrit
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tires

I just put Michelin MXV 4 93v on my car the old tires I had on weren’t in bad shape I just got the car these tires are what I put on all my cars it’s drives awsome Very quiet even over 100 mph I highly recommend this tire if anyone is thinking about what one to put on I managed to get out the door at discount tire for $768 great deal
Old 04-24-18, 03:25 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,236 Likes on 868 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazybrit
I just put Michelin MXV 4 93v on my car the old tires I had on weren’t in bad shape I just got the car these tires are what I put on all my cars it’s drives awsome Very quiet even over 100 mph I highly recommend this tire if anyone is thinking about what one to put on I managed to get out the door at discount tire for $768 great deal
Please try using a period at the end of your sentences. Makes it easier to read...
Old 04-24-18, 05:16 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,343 Likes on 1,691 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
Please try using a period at the end of your sentences. Makes it easier to read...
Driving and writing at 100mph🤔
Old 04-24-18, 07:08 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,236 Likes on 868 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Driving and writing at 100mph🤔
Hmmm. Sounds very safe... Send me your details and I'll take out a policy...
Old 04-24-18, 07:21 PM
L3XUSFAN
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

For those of you in the market for tires. Based on what I found to be good was the pirellii cinturato p7 a/s +, Michelin Premier A/S and then the primacy MXV4. The pirellis were cheaper but more smoother then the premier a/s. The premier a/s kept its wet traction and handling better when the tire was worn half way compared to the pirellis. Also the premier a/s was shown to have a higher change of going the full 60k on tread wear. Then for the primacy, it was the smoother riding tire but you would not get the 55/60k miles out of them, more like 30-40k. I have the premier a/s (94v) and the ride is a little firm and you can feel some road feel. However still way better than the bridgestone's that came with the car. Really anything is better than the bridgestone's.
Old 04-24-18, 08:08 PM
zes
Advanced

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

So based on the overwhelming recommendations by this board I got a set of Cinturato p7 a/s plus on my ESh and expected them to be tomb silent. But they are not :-(. There is quite a bit of road noise actually more than in my wife’s Altima which has the MXV4s.
Somebody please please tell me that the p7s will quieten down after they wear a bit? Otherwise I have to live with these for many years.. They seem to be quiet on very smooth pavement but quite noisy on rougher surfaces..

Old 04-24-18, 08:40 PM
L3XUSFAN
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by zes
So based on the overwhelming recommendations by this board I got a set of Cinturato p7 a/s plus on my ESh and expected them to be tomb silent. But they are not :-(. There is quite a bit of road noise actually more than in my wife’s Altima which has the MXV4s.
Somebody please please tell me that the p7s will quieten down after they wear a bit? Otherwise I have to live with these for many years.. They seem to be quiet on very smooth pavement but quite noisy on rougher surfaces..

I've driven in a car with these tire (only a few miles not much) and there was very little noise or same amount to other tires. The Michelin's on the altima will be better as i've heard that is a very good riding tire. However you should have 30 day's to bring the tires back. Also make sure the tire specifically indicates a 'plus' on it as there are two version (plus and non plus). Maybe go back to the tire shop and see what they say (may need to re-balance).
Old 04-24-18, 09:27 PM
Albo
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I want to change to the p7 so bad but these Bridgestones are practically brand new I just cant see wasting them like that.
Old 04-24-18, 11:15 PM
Poppa
Instructor

Received 166 Likes on 119 Posts

I went with the Pirelli's on my car a year or so back and love them. I have not noticed an excessive amount of road noise and the ride is def. superior to the ride I got with the Bridgestone Turanza's that came on the car. I hated the Turanza's... The Pirelli's are much quieter and provide a much smoother ride.. the only other tire that I've had in this size Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus Size: 225/45R/18 (XL) was a set of Michelins that I once had on a 2007 Avalon... I would say they were pretty much equal to the pirellis with regard to ride comfort... now as far as treadwear... I believe the last several sets of tires that came on my cars had speed ratings of V... I've never gotten more than 30 to 35K miles out of a set of these tires and I'm one that keeps my tires psi up to spec and I rotate my tires every 5K miles.

Roland
Old 04-25-18, 04:49 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by zes
I came from the Bridgestones, so my bar was set pretty low. The P7+'s are a huge improvement in both ride comfort and noise. What PSI are you running at?
Old 04-27-18, 11:14 PM
mangeshn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Es350 yokohona tyres

MY ES350 came with yokohama factory fitted tires. I have 3 levels of basement parking. In last 3 years, i have replaced my from tires twice.
Lexus service advisor says, due to basement parking this issue arises, which is very surprising.

Can i switch to other tyre makes like Dunlop or bridgestone etc

Regards,
Mangesh
Old 04-28-18, 01:10 AM
Poppa
Instructor

Received 166 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by mangeshn
MY ES350 came with yokohama factory fitted tires. I have 3 levels of basement parking. In last 3 years, i have replaced my from tires twice.
Lexus service advisor says, due to basement parking this issue arises, which is very surprising.

Can i switch to other tyre makes like Dunlop or bridgestone etc

Regards,
Mangesh
Hello Mangesh... maybe I'm missing the point but how can parking your car in a basement wear your tires out? Unless the service advisor is talking about going up and down 3 levels of ramps every day.. and even at that, I don't understand how that would wear your tires out unless you're really taking those curves hard and fast day after day... sometimes service advisors make things up when they don't really know the answer... as far as switching to other tire manufacturers.. sure you can, However I would recommend staying away from Bridgestong Turanza's.. The Turanza's came on my last two new cars, including my Lexus... Absolutely hated the Turanza's and I can't speak for others on this board, but I think it's a pretty common theme here that most can't wait to get rid of the Bridgestones....

Roland
Old 04-28-18, 01:18 AM
mangeshn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Roland, Yes u r correct up and down daily.
But I don't do those movie style crazy drives while doing ups n down....
Old 04-28-18, 04:47 AM
zes
Advanced

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Mangesh, Unless you drive like James Bond drove his BMW 750iL in Tomorrow Never Dies, don’t see why the tires would wear out prematurely.

Roland, I have the Cinturato All Season P7 Plus. I do not think one can get the Cinturato P7 Plus. I think my problem may be that the “All Season” version may have slightly more aggressive treads.
The following users liked this post:
Poppa (04-28-18)