RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

What's the closest sounding exhaust to gt haust master?

Old 04-20-18, 03:11 PM
Xzria
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default What's the closest sounding exhaust to gt haust master?

I love the GtHaus, but it's just way too expensive. I love the deep sound it gives and the crackles. I'm up for anything, if straight pipping it does all that I'm also down. I don't really wanna pay more than 3000 for full exhaust. I just want a deep sound, crackles when down shifting, and when reving.

Videos of the gt Haus
https://youtu.be/gx4zgYf8JzQ
https://youtu.be/9Tk7YT5tB5k

Old 04-20-18, 03:15 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

I would say, Borla. From tone/bass/pitch, it seems to have similar properties of being more bass heavy, rumbly noise. Very popular on this board. It also seems to cost less than $2000 and also on special price, can be much lower. Invidia tends to be more mellow and subdued, but you definitely can hear it over the stock exhaust (from the videos I have seen). Invidia is around $1300.
Old 04-20-18, 04:12 PM
Xzria
Driver

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I would say, Borla. From tone/bass/pitch, it seems to have similar properties of being more bass heavy, rumbly noise. Very popular on this board. It also seems to cost less than $2000 and also on special price, can be much lower. Invidia tends to be more mellow and subdued, but you definitely can hear it over the stock exhaust (from the videos I have seen). Invidia is around $1300.
Say if I got the borla exhaust and got the resonator deleted on it would it change the sound too much? I just want to get it a little louder and add more crackles. Also what you think about also deleting the secondary cat?
Old 04-20-18, 04:13 PM
Xzria
Driver

Originally Posted by Xzria
Say if I got the borla exhaust and got the resonator deleted on it would it change the sound too much? I just want to get it a little louder and add more crackles. Also what you think about also deleting the secondary cat?
Because the borla is loud, but I'd want it louder than that .
Old 04-20-18, 09:49 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Definitely will be much louder, if that is what you want (Borla + resonator delete + sec. cat delete). You can also look into straight piping with wider diameter piping it from the primary cats all the way back and no mufflers and resonator.

This is how it will sound

Old 04-20-18, 10:09 PM
Xzria
Driver

Definitely will be much louder, if that is what you want (Borla + resonator delete + sec. cat delete). You can also look into straight piping with wider diameter piping it from the primary cats all the way back and no mufflers and resonator.

This is how it will sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_HMKE09sF8&t=77s
To what a 3 inch pipe? Yea Ive thought about doing that, but wasn't sure how it would sound exactly. I do love the deep sound the gt haus and the borla have. Any recommendations you have to get more crackles? Love to get pops/crackles when down shifting and reving.
Old 04-20-18, 10:16 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

To what a 3 inch pipe? Yea Ive thought about doing that, but wasn't sure how it would sound exactly. I do love the deep sound the gt haus and the borla have. Any recommendations you have to get more crackles? Love to get pops/crackles when down shifting and reving.
2.5 inches is fairly standard across all exhausts. Resonator delete usually makes the exhaust more raspy.
Old 04-20-18, 10:29 PM
Xzria
Driver

2.5 inches is fairly standard across all exhausts. Resonator delete usually makes the exhaust more raspy.
Do you think it would be dumb to get the borla and delted the resonator and secondary cats rather then just straight pipping and doing that same thing with a 2.5 or 3 inch pipe? Would they sound the same?
Old 04-20-18, 10:44 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Do you think it would be dumb to get the borla and delted the resonator and secondary cats rather then just straight pipping and doing that same thing with a 2.5 or 3 inch pipe? Would they sound the same?
They both would be very loud, but will not sound the same most likely. One has mufflers while the other one does not. That alone makes the sound characteristics different.
Old 04-20-18, 10:51 PM
Xzria
Driver

They both would be very loud, but will not sound the same most likely. One has mufflers while the other one does not. That alone makes the sound characteristics different.
Thank you by way. Also deleting the muffler would make it not as deep huh? Also say if they both didn't have the muffler would they be the same or would they still sound different?
Old 04-21-18, 12:03 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you by way. Also deleting the muffler would make it not as deep huh? Also say if they both didn't have the muffler would they be the same or would they still sound different?
If diameter and exhaust routing is the same then yes, they would sound quite similar.
Old 04-21-18, 12:23 AM
Xzria
Driver

If diameter and exhaust routing is the same then yes, they would sound quite similar.
Sorry for all the dumb questions I appreciate the help.
I wish I knew what was done to this rcf

​​​​​​https://youtu.be/WBBmqNrZtXc
Old 04-21-18, 12:24 AM
Xzria
Driver

Sorry for all the dumb questions I appreciate the help.
I wish I knew what was done to this rcf

​​​​​​https://youtu.be/WBBmqNrZtXc

Old 04-21-18, 01:03 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

It has the Guerilla exhaust, I believe. Looks like Britain. Personally, I don't like the noise. Too AMG-ish. My ideal exhaust note for RCF, is the Novel exhaust, but it costs a fortune.

Old 04-21-18, 01:32 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

To raspy if I here you early in the morning I would wrap your tail shaft around your differential don't give Lexus a bad name.3 inch will make a deeper sound than 2.5.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's the closest sounding exhaust to gt haust master?