RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

What is your 4RX single most favorite feature

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-18, 08:36 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Default What is your 4RX single most favorite feature

I wonder what is everyone's single most (and 1 least) favorite feature on your 4RX
Old 04-04-18, 06:57 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 466 Likes on 355 Posts

I like the quiet, serene ride and comfortable cabin.
I don't like the complicated controls and the ridiculous 700+ page owners manual.
Old 04-04-18, 07:04 AM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

1. The pre collision braking is my favorite feature.
2. My most used feature is the Lexus enform remote.
3. The worst feature is that remote start with the key fob is taken away when your enform subscription ends.
Old 04-04-18, 08:29 AM
guxu
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

ACC plus lane keep. It is far from auto pilot. But it makes my (long) driving less stressful.
Old 04-04-18, 09:23 AM
kg11
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I get a new car about every 10 years, so the tech changes impress me the most, but they are now common so others who keep more up to date take them for granted.

The keyless entry with the illuminated door handles and the touch to lock on all four doors is something I appreciate every day. However, that's not necessarily a RX350 thing (though the illumination I think is nicer than others I have seen).

The touch sensitive interior lights might be a lexus feature that is easy to overlook but is nice to have.

The position of the display is better than most other cars.
Old 04-04-18, 10:09 AM
DMVRX350F
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Panoramic View Monitor - I've never had this option on any of my other cars, and having this makes a world of difference. It eliminates most (if not all) close calls, and makes cutting tight turns and parking a breeze. I just wish there were more options, allowing you to customize it a bit.
Old 04-04-18, 10:39 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

My 2 cents...I would say that it's the roomiest and most comfortable out of all my cars. I wish there were less body roll though, especially on Sport + mode.
Old 04-04-18, 10:50 AM
Jiggz858
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

The quiet buttery ride tops my list. The worst part, hesitation and droning on take offs.
Old 04-04-18, 12:33 PM
RLSinCO
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought my wife an RX450h with every conceivable option...the one feature she had to have after driving my BMW was HUD.
I drove the car to my office and the feature I love is the radar cruise that operates in stop and go traffic - that will be a must have on my next car.

Dislike: Easily the clunky user interface for Media, NAV, etc. She's been driving the RX series for over 17 years and this has been the recurring theme in the last 3 generations - I can't figure out why Lexus engineering can't seem to get this right!
Old 04-04-18, 02:02 PM
crf3973
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Favorite- the look of the F sport trim in ultra white with the triple beam headlights. It’s the best looking SUV currently available IMO...

least favorite- I know it’s mjnor, but it really bugs me that the full menu on the infotainment system is so restricted when the vehicle is moving... this should be optional to turn on or off...
Old 04-04-18, 02:58 PM
DaytonaV
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

+1

trippled LED sold me. but the infotainment/nav sucks. just give me car play in 2019

Originally Posted by crf3973
Favorite- the look of the F sport trim in ultra white with the triple beam headlights. It’s the best looking SUV currently available IMO...

least favorite- I know it’s mjnor, but it really bugs me that the full menu on the infotainment system is so restricted when the vehicle is moving... this should be optional to turn on or off...
Old 04-04-18, 03:07 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Can't disagree with you. It sounds like we have the same car

It is a lawyer thing... so Lexus won't get sue.
Old 04-04-18, 03:19 PM
CharmCtyIS
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I really appreciate the rear cross traffic alert when I'm backing out at the grocery store.

Least favorite? Haven't come across one so far. I don't have the hesitation or drone issue so I consider myself fortunate.
The following users liked this post:
MissLacey (05-30-19)
Old 04-04-18, 03:53 PM
My450H
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jiggz858
The quiet buttery ride tops my list. The worst part, hesitation and droning on take offs.

The silence of the hybrid at a stop or slow moving traffic, which is a new thing for me, easily tops my list.

I don't mind a little droning sound, but can't agree with you on hesitation. I drive on eco mode and it still feels alrite. Sport mode is very responsive for me but then I am not an aggressive driver. I only drive fast when I have to but generally cruise to avoid stress.

Biggest dissappointment for me so far is the short seat bottom. It doesn't support my upper leg well (I'm 5'7) and I'd feel strained holding up my leg in a certain position. The electronic control of seat positioning is also confusing. It doesn't tilt the bottom cushion back enough. It's generally not moving in directions I expect. Weird.
Old 04-04-18, 05:43 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Originally Posted by My450H
The silence of the hybrid at a stop or slow moving traffic, which is a new thing for me, easily tops my list.

I don't mind a little droning sound, but can't agree with you on hesitation. I drive on eco mode and it still feels alrite. Sport mode is very responsive for me but then I am not an aggressive driver. I only drive fast when I have to but generally cruise to avoid stress.

Biggest dissappointment for me so far is the short seat bottom. It doesn't support my upper leg well (I'm 5'7) and I'd feel strained holding up my leg in a certain position. The electronic control of seat positioning is also confusing. It doesn't tilt the bottom cushion back enough. It's generally not moving in directions I expect. Weird.
You will never need to change your brake pad too (I owned a 2010 450h). It sounds like you got confuse on the seat adjustments. Between that and the steering wheel, you should do fine at 5'7. I would try to till the front of the seat up a bit and also lifting up the steering wheel to allow room for that (may be raising the whole seat to the highest setting may help)

Quick Reply: What is your 4RX single most favorite feature