IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Dislikes or wishlist

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-18, 11:35 AM
nothomex17
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dislikes or wishlist

In the market to buy a car. I want to gather information on what people dislike about the car and wish the car had.
Old 02-22-18, 11:56 AM
matttev
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Poor media options. Doesn't support Apple CarPlay

I wish the ventilated seats were a little more powerful in terms of blowing power.

OEM brake pads make your wheels super dirty super quickly

The CD player seems unnecessary in this day and age

But this is like, my opinion though and most issues weren't a big deal
The following users liked this post:
nothomex17 (02-22-18)
Old 02-22-18, 12:16 PM
Darqhelmet
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Apple car play
brighter headlights.

Like everything else so far.
nothomex17 (02-22-18)
Old 02-22-18, 01:03 PM
CLUM
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

The way the turn signal stalks functions in the IS really annoys me. Got a 2018 (i think) loaner ES350 and the turn signal stalks functioned normally, like older cars...it made me miss them.
nothomex17 (02-22-18)
Old 02-22-18, 02:07 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

- OEM brake pads create lot of dust and have a short duration.
- Wish the side mirrors would fold in when car is turned off as well as tilt down when in reverse.
- I never use the navigation system since it takes YEARS to write in an address. Just use it for visuals.

Other than that, love the car
nothomex17 (02-22-18)
Old 02-22-18, 02:25 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,510 Likes on 1,806 Posts

Auto-folding side mirrors would be great. Our mirrors are big. Besides, this feature is available on a humble Kia Optima, so why not the IS?
IMO, the F Sport brake pads should be an accessory you can spec if desired. They squeak when cold and are kinda touchy - particularly noticeable if you let anyone else drive you, and you get thrown forward in your seat every time they stop, lol.
Would be nice to see a fully customizable drive mode selector, where you can mix and match things.
The radio/media source things are really unintuitive. Particularly when Pandora, etc. fail to connect. If you try to go back and change the source, it tries to load the same source again, which is infuriating.

Originally Posted by premier3IS
- OEM brake pads create lot of dust and have a short duration.
- Wish the side mirrors would fold in when car is turned off as well as tilt down when in reverse.
- I never use the navigation system since it takes YEARS to write in an address. Just use it for visuals.

Other than that, love the car
On the nav, I have to recommend the voice commands. I find them to be pretty reliable and much faster than typing. And I hate going through my phone for nav because then I have to turn on bluetooth audio to hear it, etc...
nothomex17 (02-22-18)
Old 02-22-18, 02:59 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by matttev
Poor media options. Doesn't support Apple CarPlay

I wish the ventilated seats were a little more powerful in terms of blowing power.

OEM brake pads make your wheels super dirty super quickly

The CD player seems unnecessary in this day and age

But this is like, my opinion though and most issues weren't a big deal
Its a DVD player in the IS not just CD, it plays Copied CD copied DVD, i love that DVD player in the IS its USEFUL when im in the parking lot playing **** Video and turn it OUT LOUD LOL

Performance Brake pad on every sport cars wears out fast thats normal, Lexus ES350 and CT200 brake pad lasts or Toyota Camry and Corolla even last longer

The car is to DRIVE not to APPLE PLAY and i Hate Apple never ate lol also HEATED Steering wheel is all i need, NEVER TURNED ON MY heated seat or cold seat
The following 2 users liked this post by Solara350:
matttev (02-22-18), nothomex17 (02-22-18)
Old 02-22-18, 03:01 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
Auto-folding side mirrors would be great. Our mirrors are big. Besides, this feature is available on a humble Kia Optima, so why not the IS?
IMO, the F Sport brake pads should be an accessory you can spec if desired. They squeak when cold and are kinda touchy - particularly noticeable if you let anyone else drive you, and you get thrown forward in your seat every time they stop, lol.
Would be nice to see a fully customizable drive mode selector, where you can mix and match things.
The radio/media source things are really unintuitive. Particularly when Pandora, etc. fail to connect. If you try to go back and change the source, it tries to load the same source again, which is infuriating.

On the nav, I have to recommend the voice commands. I find them to be pretty reliable and much faster than typing. And I hate going through my phone for nav because then I have to turn on bluetooth audio to hear it, etc...
I like your Idea, AUTO FOLDING MIRRORS is what i'm expecting, steering wheel telescope is there for 2018 BSM and Memory seat as well
nothomex17 (02-22-18)
Old 02-22-18, 03:28 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

The Nav address input is easy if you use the App Suite address saver. Just input the address on the phone and sync with car. Love the car and only gripe is that its missing 50hp.
nothomex17 (02-23-18)
Old 02-22-18, 03:34 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07

They could've just added the feature to the US version of the IS but I don't know why they didn't since the overseas version of the IS have this auto mirror folding feature. Seems like something so basic.... It would've also been nice to have the mirrors tilt down too like BMW does, its pretty useful when backing into a space or anything.

I'll give the voice command a try next time I have to use the NAV, good tip.
nothomex17 (02-23-18)
Old 02-22-18, 03:38 PM
CLUM
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by premier3IS
They could've just added the feature to the US version of the IS but I don't know why they didn't since the overseas version of the IS have this auto mirror folding feature. Seems like something so basic.... It would've also been nice to have the mirrors tilt down too like BMW does, its pretty useful when backing into a space or anything.

I'll give the voice command a try next time I have to use the NAV, good tip.
Yep the passenger mirror tilted down in revers in my ES350 loaner car...that was nice.
nothomex17 (02-23-18)
Old 02-22-18, 03:39 PM
2jzdc
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

It's been discussed many times, usually the same things everyone dislikes about this car.
Personally, I wish it was a little more loaded, feels like the base has more features.
F Sport should have came standard with a few more features, auto power folding mirrors, tilting down in reverse, illuminated door sills, fog lights, a place to put your coins, a place to put your sunglasses, auto steering wheel adjustment, stronger heated seats.
nothomex17 (02-23-18)
Old 02-22-18, 05:02 PM
jameshan
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Auto Power folding mirrors, tilting down in reverse, wish the temperature control was a **** instead of the stupid touch slide. Brake dust. Dont like the 1980 looking plastic buttons on the media.
nothomex17 (02-23-18)
Old 02-22-18, 06:02 PM
ClubLUser
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

some sort of aerodynamics change, the sling from dirt is ridiculous. I have a set of splash guards, did not change much.
nothomex17 (02-23-18)
Old 02-22-18, 09:10 PM
minhael
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

For me is mostly cosmetic issues but i still love my damn car lol.

- I hate where the cup holders are located - i stop drinking while driving haha
- I hate the Lexus infotainment system - i just install chromecast to solve this issue
- The ventilated seats work when you don't need it - i can blow more cold air then those seats
- My car makes some bad *** noise whenever i reverse...it drives me nuts !
- The paint seems pretty thin as it can get chips easily - I had to place a big *** condom on my car to protect it!
- The gas mileage is way worst for me then they advertise - i get around 15-16 km/l a full tank i can only get around 400 to 450 km max !
nothomex17 (02-23-18)

Quick Reply: Dislikes or wishlist