RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Cigarette lighter fuse location?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-18, 01:00 AM
RCF303
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Cigarette lighter fuse location?

Does anyone happen to know where the fuse is to the cigarette lighter? My RCF apparently blew a fuse and I've opened all 3 fuse boxes and so far no identifying markings.
I would think the most likely place would be fuse box under the steering wheel here is a picture of that..
Old 02-17-18, 04:07 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

look at the P/outlet number 1 ...15A fuse on the third column

usually it would say CIG or P/outlet but i don't think the RCF technically has "CIg" outlet because there is no ashtray
The following users liked this post:
myRx2010 (02-23-22)
Old 02-17-18, 09:16 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

Power Outlet is the euphemism for Cig Lighter.
Guess that is where you can recharge your Vapor E-Cigarette?
myRx2010 (02-23-22)
Old 02-17-18, 10:50 AM
RCF303
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
look at the P/outlet number 1 ...15A fuse on the third column

usually it would say CIG or P/outlet but i don't think the RCF technically has "CIg" outlet because there is no ashtray
Thanks I appreciate the info, I'll attempt to replace that one.
myRx2010 (02-23-22)
Old 02-17-18, 05:23 PM
RCF303
Driver School Candidate

Well I changed out the 15A P-Outlet fuse it didn't change anything it's still not working so either it's a electrical issue or that's not the right fuse, I'll probably have to take it into the lexus dealership 😢 but before I do I'll try to call them and confirm that was the right fuse.
myRx2010 (02-23-22)
Old 03-28-18, 08:12 AM
swtjen01
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you ever find out which fuse it was? My "cigarette" outlet isn't working either. I replaced the 15amp too and it still doesn't work. I then used a tester and all of them were fine. I'm guessing it is an electrical issue but was hoping I didn't have to drive an hour to go to the Lexus dealership to fix it.
myRx2010 (02-23-22)
Old 03-28-18, 03:09 PM
RCF303
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by swtjen01
Did you ever find out which fuse it was? My "cigarette" outlet isn't working either. I replaced the 15amp too and it still doesn't work. I then used a tester and all of them were fine. I'm guessing it is an electrical issue but was hoping I didn't have to drive an hour to go to the Lexus dealership to fix it.
Nope, I never figured it out I also replaced the 15A P outlet, even though mine wasn't broken, I put back my original one back in, when I go to get my fuel line replacement I was going to see if they can check all my fuses and find out what the problem is I'm hoping it's not a costly electrical problem, my guess is it got overloaded maybe it's a safely feature, I did install illuminated door sills so maybe that shut it down, I also can't have my cell phone charging at the same time my usb memory stick is plugged in playing my music from it at the same time, so that tells me it's weak and can easily be over powered, I wanted to plug in rgb multi color strips that glow that go from the cigarette lighter plug and run it under my seats but that might over load it even if I get it fixed so I'll have to ask about what the electrial limit is once they fix it so I don't accidentally over power it again like I might have some how already. I'll keep you updated and let you know what they tell me please do the same if you find out before me.
myRx2010 (02-23-22)
Old 03-28-18, 11:29 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Maybe there is a "nonrecoverable thermal fuse" inside that cig lighter? It just thermally decouples as it gets too hot and separates to stop the juices from continuingly heat up and cause a fire? If this is the case, then the whole cig lighter will need to be replaced or if you can solder in a new thermal fuse.

Originally Posted by RCF303
Nope, I never figured it out I also replaced the 15A P outlet, even though mine wasn't broken, I put back my original one back in, when I go to get my fuel line replacement I was going to see if they can check all my fuses and find out what the problem is I'm hoping it's not a costly electrical problem, my guess is it got overloaded maybe it's a safely feature, I did install illuminated door sills so maybe that shut it down, I also can't have my cell phone charging at the same time my usb memory stick is plugged in playing my music from it at the same time, so that tells me it's weak and can easily be over powered, I wanted to plug in rgb multi color strips that glow that go from the cigarette lighter plug and run it under my seats but that might over load it even if I get it fixed so I'll have to ask about what the electrial limit is once they fix it so I don't accidentally over power it again like I might have some how already. I'll keep you updated and let you know what they tell me please do the same if you find out before me.
myRx2010 (02-23-22)