LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2014 Lexus LS 460 Mid pipes

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-18, 02:35 PM
Zetascry
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 2014 Lexus LS 460 Mid pipes

Hey guys. How are you? It’s my first post on club Lexus. I wanted to ask anyone on here. Can I install 2012 aftermarket Lexus LS 460 midpipes on my 2014 Lexus LS 460 F-Sport? Also besides the improvement in airflow and torque, will I receive grumble or louder exhaust note?
Old 02-11-18, 07:24 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Zetascry
Hey guys. How are you? It’s my first post on club Lexus. I wanted to ask anyone on here. Can I install 2012 aftermarket Lexus LS 460 midpipes on my 2014 Lexus LS 460 F-Sport? Also besides the improvement in airflow and torque, will I receive grumble or louder exhaust note?
Welcome to CL! I can't answer your question with regards to mid pipes, but if you ARE looking for a nice sound improvement from your exhaust, one of our members here manufactures and sells exhaust vents that many of us have installed and love. His name is "Oliver Enterprises". The sound the exhaust makes is awesome and well-balanced when they're installed. Installation is a 20 minute job.

Again...welcome and don't be a stranger. Great bunch of people here!
Old 02-11-18, 06:03 PM
Mekoz
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

^^ would be nice if that was my case, striped and broke 2 bolts. I reassembled what i could and now gonna wait till spring to install/ repair it lol. NY weather will rust those bolts to a solid weld like *****
Old 02-11-18, 06:29 PM
Zetascry
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Welcome to CL! I can't answer your question with regards to mid pipes, but if you ARE looking for a nice sound improvement from your exhaust, one of our members here manufactures and sells exhaust vents that many of us have installed and love. His name is "Oliver Enterprises". The sound the exhaust makes is awesome and well-balanced when they're installed. Installation is a 20 minute job.

thank you for the warm welcome I actually have a magna-flow axle back exhaust and I’m pleased with the sound for some time. Just wondering if I can “enhance” or add grumble or rumble to the exhaust notes. Maybe when I’m pushing the car in sports mode.
Old 02-11-18, 06:30 PM
Zetascry
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Mekoz
^^ would be nice if that was my case, striped and broke 2 bolts. I reassembled what i could and now gonna wait till spring to install/ repair it lol. NY weather will rust those bolts to a solid weld like *****
how did this happen? Not to a luxury car worth so much money $$
Old 02-19-18, 01:54 AM
Zetascry
Pit Crew

Bump. Any performance upgrades?
Old 02-19-18, 06:21 AM
VanCityLS4
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

Just delete the secondary cats replace with a 10” 2.25” straight pipe. Guaranteed rumble and a few HP at the risk of some drone.
Old 02-20-18, 04:49 PM
xfea
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog

If you like the idea of creating an exhaust leak under the car and having leath vapors emanating underneath the car...go for it.
Not to mention is't illegal....for sure!
Sign me up!

Last edited by xfea; 02-20-18 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-20-18, 06:46 PM
mattbeeezy
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by xfea
If you like the idea of creating an exhaust leak under the car and having leath vapors emanating underneath the car...go for it.
Not to mention is't illegal....for sure!
Sign me up!
It's not emitting any lethal vapors. The vents attach after the second cat between the mid pipe and rear muffler. You can take off the axel back i.e. "mufflers" and it will still pass emissions. It will be loud but not affect emissions because you are not removing or modifying the catalytic converter.
Old 02-20-18, 06:57 PM
xfea
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mattbeeezy
It's not emitting any lethal vapors. The vents attach after the second cat between the mid pipe and rear muffler. You can take off the axel back i.e. "mufflers" and it will still pass emissions. It will be loud but not affect emissions because you are not removing or modifying the catalytic converter.

Oh?
So when you make a hole in your exhaust with these "Vents" ...
What exactly do they "Vent?" Hermès 24 Faubourg?
Old 02-20-18, 07:02 PM
Spudo769
Pit Crew

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Oh?
The same exact lethal fumes that come out the tailpipe a few feet away.
The following users liked this post:
Wuzupez (05-23-21)
Old 02-20-18, 07:07 PM
xfea
Intermediate

Exactly - explain that to mr beeezy....
He seems to think that no lethal vapors emanate from the hole in the exhaust underneath the car
Old 02-20-18, 08:11 PM
mattbeeezy
Lead Lap

Oh?
Do you even understand what a catalytic converter does? It reduces emissions of three harmful compounds found in car exhaust: Carbon monoxide (a poisonous gas) Nitrogen oxides (a cause of smog and acid rain). Do you even understand what a muffler of the exhaust does? A muffler is a device for decreasing the amount of noise emitted by the exhaust of an internal combustion engine.

The Vents go AFTER the catalytic converter IN BETWEEN the end of the mid pipe and the muffler, NOT before the catalytic converter. There are NO leaks of those three harmful compounds from where the vents are positioned. If you need me to draw you diagram for me to dumb it down for you even more please let me know and I will so you can understand.
The following 2 users liked this post by mattbeeezy:
kingbabu (02-21-18), Spudo769 (02-20-18)
Old 02-20-18, 08:39 PM
xfea
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mattbeeezy
Do you even understand what a catalytic converter does? It reduces emissions of three harmful compounds found in car exhaust: Carbon monoxide (a poisonous gas) Nitrogen oxides (a cause of smog and acid rain). Do you even understand what a muffler of the exhaust does? A muffler is a device for decreasing the amount of noise emitted by the exhaust of an internal combustion engine.

The Vents go AFTER the catalytic converter IN BETWEEN the end of the mid pipe and the muffler, NOT before the catalytic converter. There are NO leaks of those three harmful compounds from where the vents are positioned. If you need me to draw you diagram for me to dumb it down for you even more please let me know and I will so you can understand.
I'd love that -
Your ignorance knows NO bounds...
Sure - show me where a cat takes away carbon monoxide...

So tell me - what comes out of the end of the exhaust pipe?
No - I mean after the cat and into the "vent"

Seriously...CO2 and H2O..and nothing else?
That's a hydrogen powered car...silly

Tell you what - park your car in your garage - close the door - power down your window - turn on the engine - take a nap
it'll be a long time for you to wake up

Last edited by xfea; 02-20-18 at 08:48 PM.
Old 02-20-18, 09:11 PM
mattbeeezy
Lead Lap

I'd love that -
Your ignorance knows NO bounds...
Sure - show me where a cat takes away carbon monoxide...

So tell me - what comes out of the end of the exhaust pipe?
No - I mean after the cat and into the "vent"

Seriously...CO2 and H2O..and nothing else?
That's a hydrogen powered car...silly

Tell you what - park your car in your garage - close the door - power down your window - turn on the engine - take a nap
it'll be a long time for you to wake up
name calling? Lol if you re-read my post it reduces those three harmful gases so it’s not as toxic as if there were no cats we’re not taking about about closing your garage and inhaling your exhaust fumes. We’re talking about Oliver’s vents and it’s the same fumes that come out of the muffler, no difference because of where the vent is positioned. I don’t know what you’re missing, but please stay on subject. PLEASE EVERYONE STOP DRIVING YOUR CAR BECAUSE ACCORDING TO XFEA WE’LL DIE FROM THE FUMES YOUR CAR MAKES AFTER IT PASSES THROUGH NOT ONE BUT TWO CATS THE LS460 IS EQUPPED WITH!!!!

Quick Reply: 2014 Lexus LS 460 Mid pipes