Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Rx450H ready light not coming on

Old 01-19-18, 11:43 AM
jerrahrd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rx450H ready light not coming on

Hi I am new to the forum. I just bought a RX450h which has not been used for 9 months 12V battery is dead. We try to jump star . Ready light not coming on. We scan with computer G scan and following error code coming up.
P0AA6
P3000
P3004
P308A.

Can any one help me to star the car..
Old 01-19-18, 04:19 PM
Lead Lap

Received 739 Likes on 497 Posts

Traction battery requires charging
The following users liked this post:
SIMMO91 (05-24-22)
Old 01-19-18, 06:05 PM
salimshah

Received 991 Likes on 896 Posts

The problem is the the 12v battery (the one you got jump for) does not start the engine.

The 12v battery provides juice to the electronics.

The traction battery spins the engine (start) and the engine once running, changes the traction battery.

Flat bed to the dealer?

Let us know how you get out of the pickle.

Salim
Old 01-20-18, 05:48 PM
ukrkoz
Racer

Received 224 Likes on 201 Posts

As it was pointed out. Dead hybrid battery. Vehicle needs to be towed to dealer and traction battery charged.

P313 HYBRID VEHICLE CONTROL: HYBRID CONTROL SYSTEM: P3000-388: HV Battery Malfunction
P3000-388 - HV Battery Malfunction
DESCRIPTION
The hybrid vehicle control ECU alerts the driver and performs fail-safe control based on error signals received from the battery smart unit. This DTC is set when the SOC (state of charge) of the HV battery starts to drop as a result of leaving the shift lever in N, running out of fuel, or a malfunction in the hybrid control system
P313 HYBRID VEHICLE CONTROL: HYBRID CONTROL SYSTEM: P3004-800, P3004-801: Power Cable Malfunction
P3004-801 - Power Cable Malfunction
P308A TOYOTA - Hybrid Battery Voltage Sensor All Circuits Low

Attached Thumbnails Rx450H ready light not coming on-code.png  
Old 01-21-18, 01:16 AM
jerrahrd
Driver School Candidate

Thank you all for the reply.

I have checked it with the dealer and they want £1,000. Is there any places in London where I can get it done cheaper?

Thank you
Old 01-21-18, 06:46 AM
ukrkoz
Racer

Received 224 Likes on 201 Posts

That's dandy but shall you, kindly, tell us what exactly dealer diagnosed as issue? It by far does not cost even fraction of that amount to simply charge the battery. Surely there should be long list of what they intend to charge you for. Please? otherwise, you look for an independent shop that specializes in hybrid vehicles. Dealer likely provided you with an estimate, detailed one. Then, you take it to that indi shop and discuss. Or, even call. Hybrids are quite abundant and shops of this nature are plentiful.
Old 01-23-18, 10:36 AM
Lead Lap

Received 739 Likes on 497 Posts

That is asurd amount of money. Take it to an independent yard that deals with Prius.
Old 01-24-18, 11:43 AM
jerrahrd
Driver School Candidate

Thank you UKRKOZ.
Lexus has only two charges in whole of UK and they have to request from head office and they charging me all the transport cost.

I found another person in Northampton and let you know the out come.

Thanks
Old 01-24-18, 05:32 PM
salimshah

Received 991 Likes on 896 Posts

Can you flat bed the RX to where ever the charger is? (just to compare)
Or even remove and take the battery [ship or carry] the battery to wherever the charger is.

Salim

Last edited by salimshah; 01-24-18 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-01-18, 07:18 AM
jerrahrd
Driver School Candidate

Hi Everyone,

I found an interesting garage in Croydon. He managed to stripe the Hybrid battery, charged it and now the RX 450h is running perfectly. He charged me 400lus VAT. His details are follows:
THURAI AUTO SERVICES LTD
UNIT5-6, TAIT ROAD INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
TAIT ROAD
CROYDON

TEL:02086895453.
Old 04-10-18, 07:01 PM
fishybone
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How long should the hybrid battery last if not driven? We're going away for a holiday for the first time since getting our 2013 RX450H and we'll be gone for about 3 weeks. It should be between 3 and 18 degrees here in Australia (that's 37 and 59 F) during that time, and the car will be sitting in our garage. Assuming I get the hybrid battery to a reasonable charge (by coasting downhill) prior to us leaving, we should be able to come back to a car that starts fine?
Old 04-29-18, 12:42 PM
zmel
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fishybone
How long should the hybrid battery last if not driven? We're going away for a holiday for the first time since getting our 2013 RX450H and we'll be gone for about 3 weeks. It should be between 3 and 18 degrees here in Australia (that's 37 and 59 F) during that time, and the car will be sitting in our garage. Assuming I get the hybrid battery to a reasonable charge (by coasting downhill) prior to us leaving, we should be able to come back to a car that starts fine?
I have the same concern as we are planing for a 3 weeks long vacation this summer. Hopefully other members will share their experiences, but I found a couple of helpful articles:
- https://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/culture/commuting/how-long-can-a-hybrid-sit-unused-in-the-garage/article7131263/
-
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/914-camry-7th-gen-hybrid-2012-2017/411487-hybrid-long-term-storage.html
Toyota offers this response in their frequently asked questions:

"Do I have to take special steps to protect the battery of my hybrid vehicle if I plan to store the vehicle for an extended period?

In addition to the "storage tips" for our conventionally-powered vehicles, our hybrids require additional steps for each battery, as the hybrid vehicle battery and auxiliary battery will discharge and their condition is liable to decline.

To prevent excessive auxiliary battery drainage, charge the battery at least once every two weeks by powering on the hybridsystem for 20 minutes with all non-essential electrical accessories (such as air conditioning and audio equipment) turned off. It is not necessary to drive the vehicle, but do not start the hybridsystem in an enclosed area unless the tail pipe is connected to an exhausthose to prevent harmful buildup of fumes. As an alternative, you may disconnect the negative terminal of the auxiliary battery.

For the hybrid vehicle battery, charge the battery at least once every two months by starting the hybridsystem for about 30 minutes*. Check that the "ready" light is on and all lights and electrical accessories are off. As with the auxiliary battery charging, it is not necessary to drive the vehicle, but the steps to prevent exhaust buildup must be taken.

*If the auxiliary battery was disconnected, it will have to be reconnected before the hybrid system is started."

Last edited by zmel; 04-29-18 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-29-18, 03:41 PM
fishybone
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the links - really useful!

Also I noted that someone mentioned the 12V battery only powers the accessories. What happens if I come back to a functional traction battery and a dead 12V auxiliary battery? Does it mean I can still drive but can’t use air conditioning and the audio system ?
Old 04-29-18, 05:08 PM
Droid13
Racer

Received 479 Likes on 333 Posts

What happens if I come back to a functional traction battery and a dead 12V auxiliary battery? Does it mean I can still drive but can’t use air conditioning and the audio system ?
You won't be able to start the vehicle and you'll need a jump start, just like any regular car with a 12V battery. There are booster terminals under the hood for such a purpose if that's easier than accessing the battery in the trunk compartment.

Even though the 12V battery does not spin the engine for startup, the 12V battery is required to initialize the hybrid electronics. The 12V just needs enough juice to get the electronics powered up and get the system into "Ready" mode. As soon as you get to Ready, the hybrid system will bring up the 12V charging system (even if the engine is not yet started, the traction battery will provide the power immediately) and you're good to go, everything will work fine.

3 weeks "should" be fine if the 12V battery is in good condition. I just got back from a 2 week vacation, my 12V is 9 years old and it had no problem coming to life after that duration. Your stated mild temps will probably help as well. I've heard ideas that if the key fob is left close enough to the car, the battery will drain faster as they could still communicate, and if the car doors are locked and the fob is not reachable, the power draw on the fob radio receiver will be lower. Not sure if this is true, but that's what I did as it was simple enough to do regardless if it really makes a difference or not.

Last edited by Droid13; 04-29-18 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-29-19, 10:28 AM
margonz
Driver School Candidate

check your power cable from battery from hybrid battery to inverter.good luck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rx450H ready light not coming on