LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2013 LS460 F-Sport clock removal instructions needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-18, 07:55 AM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2013 LS460 F-Sport clock removal instructions needed

My clock on my 2013 LS460 F-Sport is going bad. It won’t keep time correctly. Tried changing time zones and it kept going forward or backward like 30-40m at a time. Bought a used clock on eBay and planning to change it out. Anyone with a how-to or has instructions for doing this? I tried to search for it but couldn’t find anything. Looks like the center dash vent has to come out first. But I tried prying the dash vent cover and it didn’t budge. Don’t want to apply too much pressure worrying that I would put a dent into the plastic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bythe way, I’d bring it to the dealer but this recall only cover 4 years or 50k miles. Mine has 65k miles so it’s out of the question.
Old 01-19-18, 11:39 AM
EddieP1215
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

I just made the same post last week as I'm in the same boat lol. Apparently there was a TSB regarding the issue dated Oct 29, 2013:

L-SB-0085-13

According to the other forum members the dealer was changing them out for free under warranty. Wouldn't hurt to call though. Update
this post once you do with what you're told. I haven't had the free time to call the dealer near me. I'd like to see if they're still honoring it.

Hope this helps.
The following users liked this post:
My1998LS40 (01-23-18)
Old 02-02-18, 05:46 AM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

Originally Posted by EddieP1215
I just made the same post last week as I'm in the same boat lol. Apparently there was a TSB regarding the issue dated Oct 29, 2013:

L-SB-0085-13

According to the other forum members the dealer was changing them out for free under warranty. Wouldn't hurt to call though. Update
this post once you do with what you're told. I haven't had the free time to call the dealer near me. I'd like to see if they're still honoring it.

Hope this helps.
Thank you! But they said they can’t find that TSB.
i brought it to the dealer and at first the tech said I had it on a wrong time zone. Lol. Told him to adjust it and wait to see if it keeps the time right. The next day, they call back and said nothing is wrong with the clock. So, I came in to have the master tech of the shop to show me. As soon as I got in the car with him, the clock is off 30m. He tried to go to the zone setting and couldn’t get the time right. Then he got kinda embarrassed for having me to come in for no reason, he said the clock needs to be changed and they’ll take care of it since I got extended warranty. I got new clock and it’s working now. Will be selling the used one I bought to replace mine originally soon if anyone interested.
Old 05-01-18, 06:25 PM
susqugirl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2013 LS460 F-Sport Clock Issues

I have a 2013 LS F-sport that I bought CPO just about 2 years ago. It has just under 47k miles and when I went to change the clock for DST nothing I did would work so I’m now stuck with a clock that’s an hour behind. I’m going in for my 4th and final free service included with the CPO and I am hoping they will take care of this for me as part of my CPO warranty.

In addition to the clock thing, has anyone had issues with their brakes? Mine squeak pretty much all the time and sometimes they make this horrible squeal as well. I’ve taken it in twice now to have them look at it and I keep getting told it’s normal. I paid to have the rotors resurfaced the first time and replaced the brakes and rotors entirely in January despite there still being some life left in them. Both noises are back and I’m feeling frustrated and defeated. A luxury car like this should not have chronically squeaky breaks. I don’t know what to do other than live with it at this point.
Old 05-01-18, 06:30 PM
EddieP1215
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Going through the same exact problem as you, on both fronts, clock and brakes. Have had rotors resurfaced and brakes changed twice front and rear. Running ceramics and still squeak like crazy. At my wits end.
Old 05-01-18, 06:42 PM
susqugirl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by susqugirl
I have a 2013 LS F-sport that I bought CPO just about 2 years ago. It has just under 47k miles and when I went to change the clock for DST nothing I did would work so I’m now stuck with a clock that’s an hour behind. I’m going in for my 4th and final free service included with the CPO and I am hoping they will take care of this for me as part of my CPO warranty.

In addition to the clock thing, has anyone had issues with their brakes? Mine squeak pretty much all the time and sometimes they make this horrible squeal as well. I’ve taken it in twice now to have them look at it and I keep getting told it’s normal. I paid to have the rotors resurfaced the first time and replaced the brakes and rotors entirely in January despite there still being some life left in them. Both noises are back and I’m feeling frustrated and defeated. A luxury car like this should not have chronically squeaky breaks. I don’t know what to do other than live with it at this point.
Originally Posted by EddieP1215
Going through the same exact problem as you, on both fronts, clock and brakes. Have had rotors resurfaced and brakes changed twice front and rear. Running ceramics and still squeak like crazy. At my wits end.
This is my fourth LS but first F-sport and I’m really disappointed with the brake issue. I have never bought a car other than an LS, and I never planned to. Based on how my dealership has managed this with me and my experience with this car, I’m afraid my loyalty to the brand is waning. I just don’t get it. A car of this caliber should not have these problems.
Old 05-02-18, 08:34 AM
02gita
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by susqugirl

This is my fourth LS but first F-sport and I’m really disappointed with the brake issue. I have never bought a car other than an LS, and I never planned to. Based on how my dealership has managed this with me and my experience with this car, I’m afraid my loyalty to the brand is waning. I just don’t get it. A car of this caliber should not have these problems.
the Fsport is known for the brake noise and i believe Lexus has different/updated brake pads that cause less noise. search here and it has been discussed before. maybe bring up your cocerns to Lexus corporate about the way the dealership has treated you? brembo brakes are bigger and do have more bite.. I guess it should be expected to have some trade off such as dust and noise. although i do understand if that is not what you expecpted when you purchased your Fsport. I hope the LSD ( if RWD) and the transmission make up for it. I upgraded my IS300 wagon with turbo Supra Calipers and OEM pads, now those pads spit dust out like no other. although i dont think i can ever consider going back to standard sized brakes.